Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348940 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1395 on: December 06, 2011, 05:46:05 pm »

Of course, the Celestia Alicorn would be a megabeast, and would be hotter than the sun and with a bone-boiling syndrome called "Radiance". Luna would give off starstuff, which is super-cold and stuns lungs.

Also, on pinkie pie: she would have a natural maximum dodge skill, of course. :P

These super alicorns, however, would all be one-per-world, for the safety of ones fort.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: December 06, 2011, 06:04:26 pm »

New goal for fort: Create a item called " x Pigment". Said substance comes from dead ponies (make rainbow ponies war so no duplict civs needed, and modding to ethics would be needed anyway) Make a solid set of 7 "pigments" and you get a chunk of increadbly expensive "Soild Rainbow". Eat it, carve it, drink it, sell it.

Welcome to the Rainbow factory, where not a single soul goes thru.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: December 06, 2011, 06:12:28 pm »

Where your fears and horrors come true?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: December 06, 2011, 06:18:08 pm »

Where your fears and horrors come true?

That too. :P

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: December 06, 2011, 09:41:00 pm »

interestingly, "rainbow factory" was the name i game my prio pony fort's dnager room, since it was made of underground woods, and quite colorful, even before I started throwing live badgers in it.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: December 06, 2011, 09:53:18 pm »

interestingly, "rainbow factory" was the name i game my prio pony fort's dnager room, since it was made of underground woods, and quite colorful, even before I started throwing live badgers in it.

Please tell me you sent only pegusi into it.  :D

Dwarf Fortress: Where reenactments of Grimdark fanfiction are not only fesiable, but are valid insperation for a mod.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: December 06, 2011, 11:16:21 pm »

I sent anyone whose skills were not up to my standards.
(was my first attempt at such a construction, so, didn't really work so hot.. neglected the logistics of the operation.. but, Next time.. [might add one in Nazomrimtar, if I decide the technical pacifism thing isn;t working out, before I'm overrun.]
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: December 06, 2011, 11:49:04 pm »

You could also add a pony slave race, basically pony with the intelligence tag removed to act as lifestock/slaves, you would be able to butcher them then right? Perhaps even make them trainable like wardogs and use them as living shields.

And perhaps add that rainbow stuff to them as well.

EDIT: Found some interesting tags for this idea.

[GRAZER] = they got to eat something right?
[TRAINABLE] = makes them trainable both normal and for war. Why fight yourself if you have slaves?
[WAGON_PULLER] = makes them pull your stuff for merchants.
[PACK_ANIMAL = makes them pull your stuff for merchants.
[TRADE_CAPACITY] = sets their weight limit (I think.)
[COOKABLE_LIVE] = for you sick folks who just have to resort to cannibalism.
[PET] = duh
[COMMON_DOMESTIC] = again duh
[MILKABLE] = Actually makes sense for ponies, you are the same species after all. Besides, milk is good for you.
[FREQUENCY] = What's this? Escaped slaves?!
[MEANDERER] = Not sure if this is useful, makes them walk about randomly.
[ADOPTS_OWNER] = Who wouldn't want their own personal slave?

Those are some fun things. Don't forget about [PETVALUE],[MULTIPLY_VALUE].
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 12:39:56 am by Vandala »
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: December 07, 2011, 01:40:29 pm »

New goal for fort: Create a item called " x Pigment". Said substance comes from dead ponies (make rainbow ponies war so no duplict civs needed, and modding to ethics would be needed anyway) Make a solid set of 7 "pigments" and you get a chunk of increadbly expensive "Soild Rainbow". Eat it, carve it, drink it, sell it.

Welcome to the Rainbow factory, where not a single soul goes thru.

Hmmmm...
Well, I certainly agree.
So, the plan:
-Make several material templates for pony body parts (maybe for several of the internal organs) and apply. Could make it so that it would be applied only to pegasi (would have to make a new tissue template, also). The material template would include [REACTIONCLASS:SPECTRA].
-Make a new inorganic material, Spectra. It would be like a not very dense valueable noble (non-weapon grade) metal.
-Make a reaction to turn [REACTIONCLASS:SPECRTA] body parts from butchered ponies into spectra.
-Optionally, make a custom building "Rainbow Factory", where all your fears and horrors come true the reaction occurs. Otherwise, have it occur in the craftspony workshop.
-Make another inorganic material, this one weapon grade (close to adamantine in characteristics).
-Make a reaction for it, which would need a number of spectra bars (7?). This also occurs in the rainbow factory.

Now the rainbow's tale isn't quite as nice
As the story we know, of sugar and spice
But the rainbow's easy once you get to know it
With the help of the magic of the pegasus device

[update] Or maybe it shouldn't be the internal organs, but the nervous tissue. The organs immediately get turned into food items. Or is there a way to prevent this?

[update2] Does anyone else feel like a CHAOTIC EVIL MAD SCIENTIST? 'Cause I do right now, and it's AWESOME!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA *THUNDERCLAP*
This is so Dwarf Fortress. Casually making grimdark fanfiction come true? Check. That's why I love this game so much.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 04:34:26 pm by Valikdu »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: December 07, 2011, 03:12:14 pm »

You could also add a pony slave race, basically pony with the intelligence tag removed to act as lifestock/slaves, you would be able to butcher them then right? Perhaps even make them trainable like wardogs and use them as living shields.

I would assume, yes. Make them only pegusi, however. Wings add that extra touch, you see.

-Make several material templates for pony body parts (maybe for several of the internal organs) and apply. Could make it so that it would be applied only to pegasi (would have to make a new tissue template, also). The material template would include [REACTIONCLASS:SPECTRA].
-Make a new inorganic material, Spectra. It would be like a not very dense valueable noble (non-weapon grade) metal.
-Make a reaction to turn [REACTIONCLASS:SPECRTA] body parts from butchered ponies into spectra.
-Optionally, make a custom building "Rainbow Factory", where all your fears and horrors come true the reaction occurs. Otherwise, have it occur in the craftspony workshop.
-Make another inorganic material, this one weapon grade (close to adamantine in characteristics).
-Make a reaction for it, which would need a number of spectra bars (7?). This also occurs in the rainbow factory.

Indeed. We could have both "slave ponies" and normal ponies be "compressed" into the spicy, spicy spectra, one being forced and the others only when they die. The building proper could be called a "Spectra mixer" and the fort itself is the rainbow factory.

Naturaly, the main food product of the fort would be Rainbow Cupcakes.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: December 07, 2011, 04:21:40 pm »

Query: what's the best way to get food items from this reaction? And what would be the best food item there? Maybe it could be a drink.

(this is the reaction which extracts spectra from pony nervous tissues)
[REACTION:REFINE_SPECTRA]
[NAME:extract spectra]
[BUILDING:RAINBOW_FACTORY:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [USE_BODY_COMPONENT]
   [REACTION_CLASS:SPECTRA]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:SPECTRA][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
<food product there>
[SKILL:DISSECT_VERMIN]

Sleep now. Think about how best to implement "lesser ponies" as animals tomorrow.

[upd] Threw something together http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5243
Material template for the spectra-ed nervous tissue, the building, reactions and inorganics for spectra and rainbow, and altered creature/entity (look under string containing "Rainbow Factory").
Btw, I'd appreciate if someone remade the building. I think I suck at making buildings.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 04:43:01 pm by Valikdu »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: December 07, 2011, 05:19:51 pm »

Query: what's the best way to get food items from this reaction? And what would be the best food item there? Maybe it could be a drink.

(this is the reaction which extracts spectra from pony nervous tissues)
[REACTION:REFINE_SPECTRA]
[NAME:extract spectra]
[BUILDING:RAINBOW_FACTORY:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [USE_BODY_COMPONENT]
   [REACTION_CLASS:SPECTRA]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:SPECTRA][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
<food product there>
[SKILL:DISSECT_VERMIN]

Sleep now. Think about how best to implement "lesser ponies" as animals tomorrow.

[upd] Threw something together http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5243
Material template for the spectra-ed nervous tissue, the building, reactions and inorganics for spectra and rainbow, and altered creature/entity (look under string containing "Rainbow Factory").
Btw, I'd appreciate if someone remade the building. I think I suck at making buildings.

Good luck sleeping afer creating this thing. :P

Anyway, going to test this, and will try to make a small fort with at least one pony decked out in rainbow gear.

Anyway, on "lesser: ponies: naturaly, they would graze and such, and would not have the [FLYER] tag. Would prefer for them to be as helpless as they could be, so having them have the normal penalty to every skill is good. Preferably, they could be locked up until they are needed for harvesting, so not having them need to eat would be nice (besides, how would the traders think if they saw your kind having slaves wandering about only for them to be  picked out and taken into the special room with the pegasus device?

This is so Dwarf Fortress. Casually making grimdark fanfiction come true? Check. That's why I love this game so much.

The best thing? Its not even that hard to do it! "munches on rainbow-infused cupcake"

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: December 07, 2011, 06:21:16 pm »

Also, on pinkie pie: she would have a natural maximum dodge skill, of course. :P

Good idea. Also make her ambushing/stealth skill maxed (for the proper "appear out of nowhere" effect).

Also for the rainbow factory, I think it's missing an important feature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Namely, using "fresh rainbow dye" for decorating & coloring furniture/clothes/leather/etc, and of course proper processing of those hard-to-rainbowfy "leftover materials".

BTW, can anyone think of a way to dwarf-ify/weaponise the stuffing-grinder thing from those Wuggle Pets ad? It seems like something Pinkamena would use.
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: December 07, 2011, 06:40:05 pm »

Good idea. Also make her ambushing/stealth skill maxed (for the proper "appear out of nowhere" effect).

Huh. I thought it was announced when a semimegabeast comes into your fort area?
Also, we should give her the ability to walk thru magma, because she is from the Clownhouse, silly!

Namely, using "fresh rainbow dye" for decorating & coloring furniture/clothes/leather/etc, and of course proper processing of those hard-to-rainbowfy "leftover materials".

Rainbow robes! Extra spicy, yet tastful.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: December 07, 2011, 09:01:32 pm »

BTW, can anyone think of a way to dwarf-ify/weaponise the stuffing-grinder thing from those Wuggle Pets ad? It seems like something Pinkamena would use.
You could either:

A) Pump wuggle pets full of flesh
B) Pump people full of cotton

Someone should tell this to Ask Pinkamena  :P
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 140