Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 349001 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1260 on: November 26, 2011, 06:17:44 am »

The idea would be that the T. rex would have magic too.

Also, he would be the royal, because he would be the largest beast out there. No one messes with a T. rex. Nopony.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 26, 2011, 06:21:22 am »

The idea would be that the T. rex would have magic too
Okay. :P Would you be using the sort of brain thing the Sphinx is using? Because we need a telapathic T-Rex!
Also, he would be the royal, because he would be the largest beast out there. No one messes with a T. rex. Nopony.

I raise you a Ursa. Or perhapes a Hydra.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 26, 2011, 06:25:27 am »

T. rexes rate about 5/6ths the weight of an Ursa. They have a larger mouth, more teeth, and longer teeth.

Hydras are nothing to nopony anymore.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 26, 2011, 06:26:34 am »

And before you ask, triceratops are about 7/6ths the weight of an Ursa.

DarkGenesis

• Bay Watcher
  • Darkness Shall Rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 26, 2011, 06:33:30 am »

Well I decided to upgrade to an evil biome for my test game before I officially start, because I quite quickly tamed the Untamed Wilds with our Hunter Pony Nido who one his very first hunt took out a pack of 5 rhinos.....

However since this is a terrifying biome I decided to come adequately prepared.

So here is a lil teaser of the starting 7.

First we have Dedwards, our Axepony. He will be joining our starting militia, and will be in charge of felling trees when he's not training. [Proficient Axeman, Skilled Fighter, Novice Dodger, Dabbling Woodcutter]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Next we have RexMundi, who has the important job of not only being our first miner but is the only pony who has learnt what money is and has been appointed broker. [Proficient Miner, Proficient Appraiser]

Next we have Zarhon, our secondary miner who also occasionally designs a building or two. [Proficient Miner, Novice Building Designer]

Next we have SiegeGeko, who has been dubbed sculptor and will be in charge of making furniture out of both wood and stone. [Proficient Carpenter, Proficient Mason]

Next is Shayua, who is trained in the art of hunting and will lead his very own markspony squad one day. [Skilled Ambusher, Competent Crossbowman, Adequate Archer, Novice Dodger]

Next is Pokon who has decided that he will not be apart of the savage brutes in the military and will act as both record keeper and part-time craftspony. [Proficient Record Keeper, Adequate Stone Crafter, Adequate Wood Crafter, Novice Bone Carver]

Last, but certainly not least we have the great Prince Nidokoenig who has led this expedition. He rules with an iron-hoof and will assure that his expedition succeeds no matter what and isn't afraid to whip those lazy ponies into shape. [Proficient Lasher, Competant Fighter, Adequate Dodger.

The Fortress Lenodeser (Seedglitters) will be one for the ages! The group Zesalmosh (The Branded Gleams) will make sure of it or die trying!

(if you want updates of some epic moments or whatnot let me know, this is only the test run to see how bad terrifying is when armed with ponies before I start recording the actual games footage.)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 26, 2011, 06:36:32 am »

Warning. Don't use melee to kill undead, they will get VERY bad thoughts from it.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 26, 2011, 06:38:37 am »

... Just make sure the armor your craftdinos are making stuff that can fit everyone in the civ. Had that issue when making my Dragonic Kobald mod (Dragons where the very rare egg-laying females that did smarty stuff, the 'balds where the males who did everything else.) The main issue is that a bald would make only Large clothing, because a Dragon was that big. As such, it might be best to check to see if everyone is a bit more, say, even when it comes to size.

And before you ask, triceratops are about 7/6ths the weight of an Ursa.
Hopefully, you are taking my advice and simulating there bulk with low armor usage rates and almost no Dodge growth. Also, is would be odd if the triceratops are bigger than the royal. Hopefully, for the love of the princess, you plan on shrinking it.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 26, 2011, 06:40:05 am »

Triceratops are small, dense, stupid fatsos. The utahraptor is longer than it.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 26, 2011, 06:43:10 am »

Triceratops are small, dense, stupid fatsos. The utahraptor is longer than it.
Its more on actual body size than what the porportions are.

Also, lets see if we can get someone to use the Pony generator to make ours for us. We could just shopp Nidos together, if we must.:D

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 26, 2011, 07:14:24 am »

You can add me if you want to DarkGenesis.

Must be a unicorn. (female would be nice)

Preferably a record keeper but anything that will keep her out of harms way as a job will do.

Would be cool is you can find one who is colored black.

Got to warn you though, my characters always die horribly, it's a curse or something. YOU'VE BIN WARNED!
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Varsar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 26, 2011, 09:35:16 am »

So, after setting up my camp and building a wall for my foodstockpile, and the hospital, and a meeting room (ponies do live above ground, no?), I got some migrants. I put half of these in the army, under the command of my royal earth pony leader, who already stomped and slashed five cave swallow ponies to death.

I wanted to test out their battle prowess with the spear, and set them up to kill some cave creatures. Big was my amazement when I suddenly saw pony webs hanging all over the place, and seeing them all spit webs. I hastily looked at their description, where the last line read 'A short pony with eight legs'.

Spiderponies, I love you sir. And my new tailoring industry loves you as well.

Also, my bookkeeper died of an infection after his ears were both broken by a cave pony.

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 26, 2011, 09:51:34 am »

Next we have Zarhon, our secondary miner who also occasionally designs a building or two. [Proficient Miner, Novice Building Designer]

Spoiler: Zarhon pony-genned (click to show/hide)

Holy crap the game described my personality almost perfectly. Well apart from being female (Knew I forgot to mention something... don't change her though  :P ).

Last, but certainly not least we have the great Prince Nidokoenig who has led this expedition. He rules with an iron-hoof and will assure that his expedition succeeds no matter what and isn't afraid to whip those lazy ponies into shape. [Proficient Lasher, Competant Fighter, Adequate Dodger.

Spoiler: Nidokoenig pony-genned (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 12:11:02 pm by Zarhon »
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

ShayuaHaise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 26, 2011, 02:43:21 pm »

Next is Shayua, who is trained in the art of hunting and will lead his very own markspony squad one day. [Skilled Ambusher, Competent Crossbowman, Adequate Archer, Novice Dodger]

I like that his colors almost perfectly matched my original hopes of having a white coat with red mane. Also, yay markspony, that's ALSO what I was hoping for! I've always considered archery to be a more refined form of combat. (I can't for the life of me imagine how this pegasus is going to operate a crossbow.)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 26, 2011, 04:52:32 pm »

Reading mine, it looks like my personality fits. Also, the Nidokoenig pony is great.
Do you think we may need a thread for this?

DarkGenesis

• Bay Watcher
  • Darkness Shall Rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 26, 2011, 05:34:32 pm »

According to Dwarf Therapist everyone is female except Dedwards... Yet I know that's not true since I've read the descriptions of the ponies. Very strange.
Also ugh.... So many migrants... I hate seeing my population double so quickly, and not having names for all of them also sucks, guess I'll just throw in some names from the shows cast.

I'm definitely in a terrifying land, yet I have not seen any undead? Is that a bug or do they not always spawn?
So far the scariest thing I've seen was a herd of elephants but they haven't come near the camp. Good thing for them though because Nido is taking names and has shattered the skulls of a Tigerpony and a Leopard and Shayua has already brought three dead hippos to feast upon!

EDIT:

Here's Vandala, we already had a Record Keeper taken by Pokon, but we needed a Manager and eagerly filled it. You, like Pokon, also will dabble in crafts when not giving out the production orders as we can't let that creativity go to waste! (Our other creative pony SiegeGeko has been churning out masterpiece furniture from his second bed he crafted!)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 05:50:57 pm by DarkGenesis »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 140