Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348591 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1020 on: November 08, 2011, 09:44:56 am »

I for one love the ent's, it makes the scene where Applejack was talking to Bloomburg seem sane.

Yeah, if its actualy a creature, its no different than having a flesh ball for a pet....
Wait. :o

Can I help with writing guides or anything? I'm reading throe all the old posts anyway, might as well make myself useful while I'm at it. Don't know if I'm any good at it, but I can try.

Well, we do get a lot of confusion over the varying castes and such. Perhapes a little write up one each one, just a few lines each, with a general look at each of there pros and cons?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: November 08, 2011, 09:52:46 am »

I'll see what I can do.
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: November 08, 2011, 10:03:38 am »

Pigs laying truffles as unusual eggs, that makes sense, right? Faust's explanation for ponies keeping pigs is that they love truffles, so having the pigs magically produce exceptionally valuable mushrooms on occasion would fit. Maybe have a generic truffle that herbalists can find, and a premium version that the pigs "lay".

And yeah, if you want to take a stab at making bits of the guide, have at it.

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: November 08, 2011, 10:10:11 am »

Pigs laying truffles as unusual eggs, that makes sense, right? Faust's explanation for ponies keeping pigs is that they love truffles, so having the pigs magically produce exceptionally valuable mushrooms on occasion would fit. Maybe have a generic truffle that herbalists can find, and a premium version that the pigs "lay".

Somehow I don't think anypony would want to eat something that came out of a pig's rear.
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: November 08, 2011, 10:13:39 am »

Honey comes from a bee's behind, eggs come from a chicken's behind, and have you ever used toothpaste?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: November 08, 2011, 10:39:00 am »

Well, if they're keeping pigs for fungus cultivation, it is probably to use pigshit and dead pigs as fertilizer or a culture :P

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 08, 2011, 12:28:35 pm »

Well, if they're keeping pigs for fungus cultivation, it is probably to use pigshit and dead pigs as fertilizer or a culture :P

I think he meant using the LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS to simulate trained pigs snuffling for truffles...which actually...is a good idea for vanilla DF

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 08, 2011, 02:05:59 pm »

I think he meant using the LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS to simulate trained pigs snuffling for truffles...which actually...is a good idea for vanilla DF

Won't this lead to the pigs using nest boxes, if not them actually being hatched from truffles?
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 08, 2011, 02:19:44 pm »

Won't this lead to the pigs using nest boxes, if not them actually being hatched from truffles?

yeah, they'll drop the truffles in nest boxes...but unusual eggs don't hatch, the pigs will still have live births.  You can even have males lay unusual eggs.  I set up a caste of robot for Deon's Wasteland that collects scrap metal and electronics this way.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 08, 2011, 06:01:21 pm »

Just came to say that my previously offered help could take a while longer then I expected. A friend in real-life need my help with some other game so I won't have as much time on hand as I expected. I'll still try to make something but it could be a while.

So sorry.
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 08, 2011, 10:11:39 pm »

A Diomedian stuck trying to swim upstream just kicked Snips off a waterfall.
This mod is awesome.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 09, 2011, 11:01:45 am »

This mod is awesome.

Agreed. :)  I haven't had much time to play recently, but funny stuff like this keeps happening to keep my interested.  Right now Celestia is tantruming in my fort because one of my guards has a nice tomb.  Hers is better, but apparently that's not good enough.

I'm just waiting for her to go insane and kill a canon pony, or vice-versa.  I haven't even done my death of Fluttershy comic yet, but the comic possibilities of someone like Twilight Sparkle getting killed by her in a berzerk rage are just endless.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: November 09, 2011, 11:26:39 am »

This mod is awesome.

Agreed. :)  I haven't had much time to play recently, but funny stuff like this keeps happening to keep my interested.  Right now Celestia is tantruming in my fort because one of my guards has a nice tomb.  Hers is better, but apparently that's not good enough.

I'm just waiting for her to go insane and kill a canon pony, or vice-versa.  I haven't even done my death of Fluttershy comic yet, but the comic possibilities of someone like Twilight Sparkle getting killed by her in a berzerk rage are just endless.
The guard's tomb is probably a material she likes. So the tomb will be x2 (?) the value.

Lesson Zero Alternate Ending:
"I'm sorry Celestia, I am tardy..."
"WHAT? YOU WERE MY BEST PUPIL!"
"I know... please have mercy..."
"I CANNOT HAVE WHAT WAS NEVER THERE!"
"OH CELESTIA, PLEASE!"
"THEN PAY WITH YOUR BLOOD"
"OH GOD N-"
Twilight Sparkle has been struck down.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 09, 2011, 11:54:22 am »

Hah, yeah, something like that.

The alternative is she jails another guard or two, I get tired of her crap and atom smash her.  I've got a nice comic in mind for that possibility too.  Now, if only it was possible to promote Luna to baroness after that happened...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 09, 2011, 11:59:45 am »

Hah, yeah, something like that.

The alternative is she jails another guard or two, I get tired of her crap and atom smash her.  I've got a nice comic in mind for that possibility too.  Now, if only it was possible to promote Luna to baroness after that happened...
All hail the New Lunar Republic!

That's what it's called, isn't it?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 140