Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348539 times)

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #975 on: November 06, 2011, 06:31:38 pm »

I hope you don't think I'm bashing the mod Nidokoenig, I find it very impressive so far.

It's just a lot to take in, even more so the regular dwarf fortress.

I'm just going to need a lot of time to read it all and get used to it.
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: November 06, 2011, 06:35:46 pm »

From what we can see of the text...

SIHOVi iVCiOVCiZO
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: November 06, 2011, 06:50:56 pm »

She is terrifying. What caste/race of pony is that?
diomedian shadowbolt, if I read the description right
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: November 06, 2011, 07:01:55 pm »

I hope you don't think I'm bashing the mod Nidokoenig, I find it very impressive so far.

It's just a lot to take in, even more so the regular dwarf fortress.

I'm just going to need a lot of time to read it all and get used to it.

Hey, it's a mod, I'm all about changing things up to suit me better, I've got no problem with people wanting to make changes or even upload add-ons. I'm just giving my perspective on why I've made things the way they are. And yeah, I'm going to be making some guides to help people get their heads around all the new options. Most of the new stuff, though, is optional extras, you can just dive in and leave working out how to use the wood painting, ent and bakery stuff until later.

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: November 06, 2011, 07:27:31 pm »

Nidokoenig, you said earlier that dwarven ale rum and whatnot wasn't supposed to be in? Cause it still is. Also, all the pony descriptions have how much they like to be outside, which feels a bit out of place for an aboveground culture.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: November 06, 2011, 07:31:22 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 08:32:17 pm by MC Dirty »

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: November 06, 2011, 07:46:58 pm »

I do have a question about the ponies themselves.

You've given their mouth the ability to act as a hand yes? Was this out of necessity due to the restrictions of dwarf fortress's code or just because, ponies?

I was just wondering that, as a player you don't actually see the difference (I think, unless there's specific injury.) Is there a problem with hoofs being displayed as hands in menu's or text in the game if you make them have the same ability as hands or does the game not allow it?

Just want to know what your line of thought is.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 07:49:26 pm by Vandala »

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: November 06, 2011, 08:44:18 pm »

Nidokoenig, you said earlier that dwarven ale rum and whatnot wasn't supposed to be in? Cause it still is. Also, all the pony descriptions have how much they like to be outside, which feels a bit out of place for an aboveground culture.

I'm planning to take it out, I just didn't think of it when I did all the humanoid to primate stuff. It'll be done in a later version, I don't like making new updates every week unless it's gamebreaking, it's better to let the code sit and squash a whole bunch of bugs at once, especially when it's flavour related.

I do have a question about the ponies themselves.

You've given their mouth the ability to act as a hand yes? Was this out of necessity due to the restrictions of dwarf fortress's code or just because, ponies?

I was just wondering that, as a player you don't actually see the difference (I think, unless there's specific injury.) Is there a problem with hoofs being displayed as hands in menu's or text in the game if you make them have the same ability as hands or does the game not allow it?

Just want to know what your line of thought is.

They need graspers, and in the show they primarily use their mouths for that, especially when they're actually using objects rather than just holding them, which they'll often do with their hooves. With grasping hooves, you run into the problem of unicorns with two front hooves and a grasping horn holding three shields, or an eight legged slippy pony from the cave varieties wielding four, or confusing players by having some forelegs used as graspers and others not. Also, I assume, but haven't found out by testing, that a pony who had an injury to their grasping forehooves would be completely immobilised, rather than being able to carry a crutch in their mouth, so combing stance and grasp isn't a good idea.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: November 06, 2011, 08:51:27 pm »

I see, thank you.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 06, 2011, 10:21:30 pm »

How excited would people be if I said I had a mod of this in the works?

Well, for one, I used to have a gif. for moments like this, but I dont have it any more.

In other words, very.

Now, two questions:
Would FE:H stuff be included, and would how would the varying environmental hazerds be implemented?
Because I think that everyone would love to have a working radiation/Pink Cloud/Enervention/ect.
 that could contaminate water and such. I think a dust or a actual surface substance could simulate something like that wonderfuly, but so far I dont think anyone has created anything like that successfuly. It may be duable later, if we get working nonorganic syndroms.

Here's a picture of her for you, complete with broken leg (Couldn't color the wings for some reason though)

Daww. How cute. Was this made for one of the forts?
Whos the cutest little blood-sucking fiend in the thrall of luna?You are, you are...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 10:26:19 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: November 06, 2011, 10:25:09 pm »

You could, I believe, create a creature which is unkillable and let it make the syndrome gases.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 06, 2011, 10:35:11 pm »

Perhapes a Canterlot ghoul which actualy seeps out the pink stuff? Hmm... well, we got the immortality part down. Shame there is no way to replicate the heart-stopping transmitters, but we cant have it all...

Well, evil biomes would get a whole lot pinker, with the undead baby dragons hunting in packs and the water and air turning a most wonderful necrotic shade of pink. And oh, the old sentinal robots world be a deadly threat as well. And if we add Alicorns as a productive night creature immune to syndromes...

Oh, the !!fun!! we shall have.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 10:50:10 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 07, 2011, 12:51:28 am »

Nido, I'm having another issue...

my 'mountainhome' caravan came, bringing... nothing. At all. So I gifted them some junk hoping that they'd come back next year with something I requested... and it's next year... and they haven't left yet. I got the 'packed up' message as per usual, and the meeting went smoothly, then they just sat there. There's a clear run for them off any edge of the map they desire, and I'm confused.
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 07, 2011, 01:11:56 am »

had the same issue, I attributed it to perhaps the pegasai in the caravan dodging upwards after a badger attack, and just never found their way back down.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: November 07, 2011, 01:51:41 am »

Nido, I'm having another issue...

my 'mountainhome' caravan came, bringing... nothing. At all. So I gifted them some junk hoping that they'd come back next year with something I requested... and it's next year... and they haven't left yet. I got the 'packed up' message as per usual, and the meeting went smoothly, then they just sat there. There's a clear run for them off any edge of the map they desire, and I'm confused.

I have seen this with LFR's Nephelim. Flying traders can not trade, and sometimes do not leave until you deconstruct the depot. It's a DF bug with flying.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 140