Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348560 times)

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #960 on: November 06, 2011, 01:48:02 pm »

are you actively trying to emulate the (friendship is magic) pony world?

*insane laughter*
Oh, well... just take a look.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What you're seeing is a little pegasus (shadowbolt) filly who was out on the surface with her mother when the evil two-headed giants (Slimeland Anchient Ettin) came (sprung from an ambush). The giants were carrying bows, and gleefully shot the mother to death. The militia were only able to rescue the filly, who was maimed by the evil giants.

Now I really hope she survives, so that I can guide her through her journey of revenge against the ettins.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: November 06, 2011, 02:42:22 pm »

In other words, a little like Fallout: Equestria, with tiny bits of cupcakes sprinkled all over. ;D

I'd play this mod every day, if only it was more easily configurable.

Damn. Now I really want to revive Clean Slate. Confound these ponies, they drive me to program!
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 06, 2011, 02:48:32 pm »

I'm reading throe this stuff, currently at page 12. As far as I can see you people are creating a glorious clusterfuck of content using my little pony only as a inspiration. That's too bad, I was hoping for a more... Sainish mod?

There is just sooooo much stuff in here.
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 06, 2011, 02:55:18 pm »

Which is what I meant by configuring. I too would like to try and play a somewhat "pure" MLP mod, but with all the stuff added and cross-referenced in the mod as it is, removing extra bits isn't all that easy.

In fact, it seems like making a spinoff "dedicated" MLP mod is almost a better alternative. Hmm...

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 06, 2011, 02:56:13 pm »

I'm reading throe this stuff, currently at page 12. As far as I can see you people are creating a glorious clusterfuck of prawns using the Mediterranean only as a inspiration. That's too bad, I was hoping for a more... Spanish mod?

There is just sooooo much seafood in here.

Fixed.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 06, 2011, 03:00:10 pm »

I'm reading throe this stuff, currently at page 12. As far as I can see you people are creating a glorious clusterfuck of prawns using the Mediterranean only as a inspiration. That's too bad, I was hoping for a more... Spanish mod?

There is just sooooo much seafood in here.

Fixed.

... What? I don't even. Whatever.

You're right Sean Mirrsen. To bad I can't code or I'd help you with it.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 06, 2011, 03:03:04 pm »

I just thought you meant a Spanish mod, which needs to be done right now.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 06, 2011, 03:11:52 pm »

Err sure, you do that, but not in this topic please.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 06, 2011, 03:13:42 pm »

Err sure, you do that, but not in this topic please.

I was actually just joking about that, but okay.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 06, 2011, 03:21:27 pm »

In other words, a little like Fallout: Equestria, with tiny bits of cupcakes sprinkled all over.

New goal: If we ever get the chance to create modded liquids in the arena, someone simply has to create the big screwed up place known as Hoofington using arena mode. And then create a chalange to see just how long someone can survive in it with varying creatures running amok.
Hint: Do not go down to the final z level.

Actualy, scrach that. Someone just needs to recreate Enervention as a whole. A air-born syndrome created by a soil may just be doable if we ever get the chance to get that creative with matrial properties. For now, not so much. However, it may be done.
Pink stuff may just be doable with a nonorganic syndrome, and radiation has to be done just for the sake of it. Heck, all we would need is to have solid-based syndromes from nonorganic matirals working properly, and I would already have it in. Perhapes it could even have it biome based? Hmm...

Meh, just another one of my wild ideas for this thing. However, if anyone actualy made a F:E submode, it would be one of the best things to ever happen.  :D

« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 03:24:15 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 06, 2011, 03:26:51 pm »

You know, I suddenly realized that it's not altogether impossible to create a tech tree in DF... which would allow to make, in however limited fashion, an XCom crossover, complete with research. And then cross it over with MLP, for My Little Invasion: Friendship Unknown goodness.

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 06, 2011, 04:06:20 pm »

I started a new fort last night, but forgot to name everypony as it was after midnight. This morning, I decided to name them all anyway, talking into account gender, caste, and job if I could. Fluttershy is my bookkeeper, and has adopted ALL my rabbits, to the point where no one can walk in her office. Also, apparently, Applejack, Prince Blueblood, and Pokey Pierce worship the female pegasus god of depravity and lust. Rarity and Big Mac are lovers, but not married. Trixie is my cook, and Blueblood my chief medical pony. (It was an emergency after an alligator attack, and now Sparkler has a huge jagged scar over her lower body)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 04:11:28 pm by Theropod Watcher »

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 06, 2011, 05:55:43 pm »

Which is what I meant by configuring. I too would like to try and play a somewhat "pure" MLP mod, but with all the stuff added and cross-referenced in the mod as it is, removing extra bits isn't all that easy.

In fact, it seems like making a spinoff "dedicated" MLP mod is almost a better alternative. Hmm...

Besides reactions and buildings, you can pretty much rip out raws at will, and for those you just need to cut the reaction permissions from the entity files. That's why there's so many raws. Just make sure to take out stuff with the same endings, like if you don't like cave ponies, you take out the body, creature and entity files that end in cave, for ents, you take out their plant and creature files. I am going to clean up the internal structure of the raws and add notes to make what's going on more transparent, though, and make a simplified version.

I'm reading throe this stuff, currently at page 12. As far as I can see you people are creating a glorious clusterfuck of content using my little pony only as a inspiration. That's too bad, I was hoping for a more... Sainish mod?

There is just sooooo much stuff in here.

Well, besides some things like the animal ponies, and the diomedian and cave ponies which are there to fulfil positions Dorf Fort's balance expects, pretty much everything has some support in MLP(Although tanks are just a useful joke based on a throwaway line) or are there to fulfil expectations people have of a pony mod, like painting wood. Of course, the other sentient animals aren't as varied in the show, but that's more me wanting to make a more "believable" world where ponies aren't the chosen kind and make them viable as more than background characters. Bear in mind that page 12 was back in June, there's been a fair few changes since then. As I said above, it's reasonably easy to cut out stuff you don't like, and if you want some help, just ask.

As to the language stuff upthread, while it's not really possible to draw solid conclusions based on the grand three words we have, we know that this is being designed by English speakers as fluff. Si(ster)ho(o)v(es)-i does make the most sense, and positing that that's a coincidence is perfectly valid, but it's taking scientific thoroughness a bit too far. After all, all we'd be using it for is a set of phonemes and and syllable structure for random words and a set of rules for making English portmanteaus. Oh, and Sihov is slightly too close to Brohoof for me to believe the guys and girls who elevated an animator's joke to a running gag didn't do that deliberately.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 06, 2011, 06:13:31 pm »

In other words, a little like Fallout: Equestria

How excited would people be if I said I had a mod of this in the works?

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: November 06, 2011, 06:21:24 pm »

are you actively trying to emulate the (friendship is magic) pony world?

*insane laughter*
Oh, well... just take a look.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What you're seeing is a little pegasus (shadowbolt) filly who was out on the surface with her mother when the evil two-headed giants (Slimeland Anchient Ettin) came (sprung from an ambush). The giants were carrying bows, and gleefully shot the mother to death. The militia were only able to rescue the filly, who was maimed by the evil giants.

Now I really hope she survives, so that I can guide her through her journey of revenge against the ettins.

Here's a picture of her for you, complete with broken leg (Couldn't color the wings for some reason though)  :P

She is terrifying. What caste/race of pony is that?

Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 140