Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348521 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #945 on: November 05, 2011, 07:29:26 pm »

So, i apologize if i missed it, but i couldn't find (after a fair while searching) if anyone had got a graphics pack working for this.

Anyone know otherwise?

We dont, yet. One can only hope Mayday become a bronie.

Oh, and by todays episode, it might be best to give domestic animals graspers. Because even pigs are self-aware, but from my experiance we dont get to have intelligent livestock. Yet.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: November 05, 2011, 10:13:47 pm »

adecoy95 did some sprites, but we couldn't get them to work and I have no clue how to make tilesets work at all.

For getting regular ponies to show up, another thing to do would be to check the entity raws and remove [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] from ones you don't want to play as. I just gen large worlds and check the legends.

Watching the new episode today, we have some basis for pony words! "Sihovi Ivciovcrlo" means Sisterhooves Social. Looks like a mix of abbreviated English and something that looks Eastern European, but is probably gibberish. Sihovi implies that plurals are formed with -i. So that could be a cool thing to work on at some point.

If we give livestock graspers, we'll have to give them [EQUIPS], too, and that means any animals bought on embark will have a full set of clothing. We also don't see them actually grasping anything.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:15:49 pm by Nidokoenig »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: November 05, 2011, 11:57:15 pm »

adecoy95 did some sprites, but we couldn't get them to work and I have no clue how to make tilesets work at all.

For getting regular ponies to show up, another thing to do would be to check the entity raws and remove [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] from ones you don't want to play as. I just gen large worlds and check the legends.

Watching the new episode today, we have some basis for pony words! "Sihovi Ivciovcrlo" means Sisterhooves Social. Looks like a mix of abbreviated English and something that looks Eastern European, but is probably gibberish. Sihovi implies that plurals are formed with -i. So that could be a cool thing to work on at some point.

If we give livestock graspers, we'll have to give them [EQUIPS], too, and that means any animals bought on embark will have a full set of clothing. We also don't see them actually grasping anything.

Okay, good. I am glad to know that I was not the only one to notice the ponyscript looked vaguly russian. Whats funny about this is that the fandom around the whole Iron Hoof people always cast her as a Stalen like figure. www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJHZ4E9tRHM&feature=related Even the cachy music videos. We have predicted it for years, folks! Of course,

Anyway, it would be very neat to create a language based on what little we have. I mean, Octavia had around a half-min of screentime, and she is one of the more popular ponies! I mean, what other fandom would base a entire language on two words! I mean realy, who could top that?

...I am up for this undertaking, it no one else wishes to do it. May want to wait a little while if we get something else like it, however.

Also, on animals: If we give them [CAN LEARN], will that stop us from buchering them? Oh, can tags like that work on a caste-based level?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

adecoy95

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 06, 2011, 01:07:55 am »

i got the pony graphics to work with the dwarf race, but i could not get it to work on the pony race for some reason
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 01:28:59 am by adecoy95 »

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: November 06, 2011, 01:09:23 am »

we do, perahps also have the cake from "party of one."
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: November 06, 2011, 02:03:47 am »

I have a pegasus who likes horse hoof. I am amused.
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 06, 2011, 03:02:41 am »

Only word legible on that cake is Happy.

Looking at the wiki, [CAN_LEARN] stops butchering, whereas [CAN_SPEAK] makes them eat and drink. Hmm, after some testing with talking sheep, cave ponies are happy to shear and milk them, and will even butcher them, but refuse to make totem out of their skulls, decorate things with their bones, tan their hides, render their fat, and the meat and organs that are produced by slaughtering them don't appear in the kitchen stocks menu. They also all have names. If I just apply [CAN_SPEAK] to the ewe caste, only the ewes have names, and their stuff that implies a skill is unusable, while the rams are cooked up into big tasty stews. So just adding [CAN_SPEAK] seems to solve the basic problem, though the language comes from the civ, so we can't make a language file with cow puns and have only the cows use it, as far as I know.

Making a language would be pretty easy for Dorf Fort. Just look up a word generator on a constructed language website and feed it a softened set of slavic consonants and allowed syllables, have it spit out a few hundred words based on those rules. Any words that look cuter as English portmanteaus can be that, the rest assigned a random word from the list. Makes me wonder how we're going to name the more... delightful concepts like incest. Famsnu, short for family snuggling, maybe? I've been thinking about pony language a little, and reading Scandinavia and the World, so I've currently got it into my head that the cave pony language should resemble Icelandic. After all, they both live in places with lots of lava and an entrance to the underworld. For the diomedians, I dunno, but we can't really have them speak Nadsat like they do over in Glitterglen if the main pony language is going to be Anglo-Slavic. Maybe make them speak Slavo-English, have them zig where the ponies zag.

Ehm... I just genned a new world and there are beastmen there. Despite the [DOES_NOT_EXIST] tag in c_variations_default.

Beastmen really shouldn't be appearing any more, at all, I've manually removed the entries. Which ones, where and were they wild or part of a civ? Are you using the newest version, overwriting all the files?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 06, 2011, 04:27:06 am »

Have the Diomedians speak a Indo-Europeanesque tongue.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 06, 2011, 06:03:17 am »

i got the pony graphics to work with the dwarf race, but i could not get it to work on the pony race for some reason

Runesmith lists ponies as "creatures" and not "dwarves". Maybe this has something to do with it.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 06, 2011, 06:36:43 am »

Runesmith does that because it's hardcoded. It shouldn't be for tilesets.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 06, 2011, 06:38:41 am »

Actually...no, sihovi implies nothing. It might be the word for social, not sisterhooves.

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 06, 2011, 07:30:24 am »

Actually...no, sihovi implies nothing. It might be the word for social, not sisterhooves.

Don't be so sure... "si" (sis, sister) + "hovi" (hoof, hooves) sounds like a legit two-part word. The other word though is trickier (which I think is actually spelled Ivciovcno), might be "ivcio" (social) + "vcno" (a suffix of some kind, like "-ally").

Either it's all similar sounding gibberish, or it might have even been put in on purpose to troll/amuse us, considering the nitpick-quality of the show.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 07:33:18 am by Zarhon »
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 06, 2011, 07:36:35 am »

Don't be so sure... "si" (sis, sister) + "hovi" (hoof, hooves) sounds like a legit two-part word. The other word though is trickier (which I think is actually spelled Ivciovcno), might be "ivcio" (social) + "vcno" (a suffix of some kind, like "-ally").

Either it's all similar sounding gibberish, or it might have even been put in on purpose to troll/amuse us, considering the nitpick-quality of the show.

In the same way, Sih might mean a group, and ovi mean event.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 06, 2011, 08:41:20 am »

Greetings.

This mod is certainly interesting but I'm not getting a clear idea of everything in it. A list of game changes to the workshops and such would help.

What is the point of this mod, is it just inspired by the new pony craze of late or are you actively trying to emulate the (friendship is magic) pony world?

Also are you people using any other mods in conjunction with this one? Is there anything you'd recommend using?

Plus is there anything I can do to help out? I don't know how to code but if there's anything else just ask.

EDIT: I am an idiot, just found the readme. I'll be reading that one first. So sorry.

EDIT: WOW, just wow, so many changes to get used to. Sorry if I've wasted your time with my post. This is an inspiring mod to say the least. I'll definably be trying this one out for a while.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 09:04:19 am by Vandala »
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 06, 2011, 10:25:54 am »

Greetings.

This mod is certainly interesting but I'm not getting a clear idea of everything in it. A list of game changes to the workshops and such would help.

What is the point of this mod, is it just inspired by the new pony craze of late or are you actively trying to emulate the (friendship is magic) pony world?

Also are you people using any other mods in conjunction with this one? Is there anything you'd recommend using?

Plus is there anything I can do to help out? I don't know how to code but if there's anything else just ask.

EDIT: I am an idiot, just found the readme. I'll be reading that one first. So sorry.

EDIT: WOW, just wow, so many changes to get used to. Sorry if I've wasted your time with my post. This is an inspiring mod to say the least. I'll definably be trying this one out for a while.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 140