Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348499 times)

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #915 on: November 03, 2011, 09:10:42 pm »

"The !!FUN!! has been doubled!"

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 03, 2011, 10:39:25 pm »

I mean yes, this is DF, but you need a freakin' chart to figure out all the stuff you've added.

Hang on, people want charts for how everything works? I could do that. What exactly is confusing everyone about the mod right now?

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 04, 2011, 02:24:34 am »

I don't even know what's going on here any more.

Can we break out in song to get back to making sense?

Okay.

Spoiler: Cupcakes!! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 03:39:11 am by Valikdu »

DarkGenesis

• Bay Watcher
  • Darkness Shall Rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 04, 2011, 04:56:37 am »

For that matter, is it even possible to be at war with your own species (presumably in another civilization)?  I wouldn't mind being at war with other regular ponies.  I've never heard of this happening in vanilla DF, so I'm guessing that would be a no, due to the ethics being equal between the two.

You could just create copies of the pony civilization and just give them a different name for as many pony civilizations as you want. I believe this will work, I could be wrong, and it would give the illusion of being at war with your own race... Actually this sounds really fun. I might have to read the wiki again, need to find the token(s) to have a civilization start at war............. Hmm...

EDIT: I didn't even notice you already said presumably in another civilization  :o

Though a slop-together way of doing it would be to just copy the castes from "creature_pony" into "creature_pony_diomedes" because I assume its something in the "entity_pony_diomedes" that causes them to be at war.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:04:46 am by DarkGenesis »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 04, 2011, 10:56:37 am »

Purely based on entity settings.  I believe babysnatcher, being the goblin one, is pretty much automatic war.

Opposing Ethics have a strong influence on making war in world gen, which can carry over to pony fort mode if it is not resolved by the time you start playing.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 04, 2011, 12:38:26 pm »

I mean yes, this is DF, but you need a freakin' chart to figure out all the stuff you've added.

Hang on, people want charts for how everything works? I could do that. What exactly is confusing everyone about the mod right now?

Well, I still don't 100% understand how you go from apple ents to edible food.  I issue the orders to shear stuff and clean apples, and it works sometimes but often times it doesn't.  I have no idea what is strictly required.

I also gather that it's possible to get wood from ents (I guess from butchering them?), but I've never tried it.  Never tried conjuring wood either.  I take there is also something about dough in this version, which again I know nothing of.

Then, unless I'm mistaken, there are some new plants in the mod that I don't 100% understand.  How do you work sweet worms for example?  I figured they worked like sweet pods, but I don't think that worked out right.  I kind of gave up on them and went back to dwarven plants.

It would be nice if someone could cobble together some fairly comprehensive list of what the mod adds to the game and how to go about using it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 04, 2011, 01:20:36 pm »

heh, I was considering making "STRIKE THE EARTH!: a pony's guide." as well.

the worms need to be processed to bag before they can be cooked. (at least the cave and grave do)

oh, and one possible thing.. I fired off a conjure order from my paintshop, and the worker grabs a pot of stew, made a nice stack of logs.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 04, 2011, 02:00:45 pm »

Not DF related...but for all you bronys..."My Little Pony" is on the front page of today's Wall Street Journal.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 04, 2011, 02:37:41 pm »

Not DF related...but for all you bronys..."My Little Pony" is on the front page of today's Wall Street Journal.
Meh, there is a thread in the lower section on not Pony Fortress.  Plus, thats already on Equestria Daily, the Grand Central Hub of all pony news.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 04, 2011, 03:30:09 pm »

Ran into another problem with the ponyds. Help pls.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=95844.msg2734123#msg2734123

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 04, 2011, 04:47:22 pm »

Fruit: Shearer shears the ent-> Thresher cleans the basket at the Orchard Workshop(formerly kitchen)-> You has a fruit. It's possible this is falling foul of either the fruit rotting or not being stockpiled(refuse, I think?).

Ent wood: Butcher butchers ent at butchery-> Tanner tans ent wood at Orchard Workshop(formerly tannery)-> You has a wood.

Conjured wood: Woodcrafter takes a stack of plants to the wood painting workshop-> You have a bunch of conjured logs.

Foo worms: Thresher processes them to a bag-> cook into a baked bad and eat. No syrup reaction or anything of the sort.

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 04, 2011, 06:08:36 pm »

At this point, the important things for a chart would be the Castes, (Mostly Diomedian and Cave), a better description for all the civs, all the types of Ents with descriptions as to what in the world grow on some of the more unusual ones, an explanation of the new armor types, all the new plants + wood dyes, dough and everything involving the new workshops, as well as what skills they all use.

Nidokoenig, I'm also having the issue where if a prepared meal uses only one type of plant, my conjurer uses it, and there go all my masterwork muffins. Another thing that seemed kind of odd is that in my 30 odd worlds I've genned (I love legends mode) I have yet to find a god or goddess which actually uses the royal pony.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 04, 2011, 06:27:34 pm »

Fruit: Shearer shears the ent-> Thresher cleans the basket at the Orchard Workshop(formerly kitchen)-> You has a fruit. It's possible this is falling foul of either the fruit rotting or not being stockpiled(refuse, I think?).

Ent wood: Butcher butchers ent at butchery-> Tanner tans ent wood at Orchard Workshop(formerly tannery)-> You has a wood.

Conjured wood: Woodcrafter takes a stack of plants to the wood painting workshop-> You have a bunch of conjured logs.

Foo worms: Thresher processes them to a bag-> cook into a baked bad and eat. No syrup reaction or anything of the sort.

Ah, ok that helps.  I wish I'd known how the conjured wood worked before, being able to get logs like that is a huge help when you have no coal.

I think my problem with the fruit was that I would send the order to shear animals, then it would shear a lot of stuff other than the ents so I wasn't getting as many apple baskets as I thought and I just ran out during the clean apple orders.

I'll probably be installing this tonight and giving another world a go.  Sugaryland refuses to die, even after that forgotten beast attack, so I'll probably have to start a new fort and hope the rest of the mane 6 bite it in a funny manner.  In related news, my baroness Celestia has been tantruming a lot lately, so maybe she'll do something comic worthy.  :)

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 04, 2011, 07:16:14 pm »

Nidokoenig, I'm also having the issue where if a prepared meal uses only one type of plant, my conjurer uses it, and there go all my masterwork muffins. Another thing that seemed kind of odd is that in my 30 odd worlds I've genned (I love legends mode) I have yet to find a god or goddess which actually uses the royal pony.

Tally up your gods, it is odd if royalty aren't appearing at least as often as one in 36. I'm sure I remember seeing underlord gods, but I'm not really paying much attention when I look at them, I'm usually checking for gods of lust, depravity and anything else. Had one whose third association was happiness, which sounds about right. I honestly don't know how I'd change this, unless I do something like add spheres to royals, if that even works at caste level.

For the prepared meal thing, it might be possible to change this by making the conjure reaction more specific, but I think if the tag is being transferred over, that's buggy behaviour on DF's part. The reaction specifies PLANT, i.e. plant, not FOOD, i.e. prepared meal, so I've got no idea how a meal qualifies. You are using the latest version, right? I added the specific mention of PLANT after Dsarker's problem a few pages back getting painting to work. I've got no idea how to make it more specific without specifying an actual plant, so apart from advising you to get around it with burrows or always improving your basic plants before cooking, I've got nothing.
Try forcing a brewer to brew a plump helmet cupcake with burrows, that should give us a better idea of where the problem lies.

I'll get about putting basic guide together.

Oh, and Telgin, little trick with conjured wood: burn it for potash, fertilise the fields, get even more wood next season.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 04, 2011, 08:01:56 pm »

Oh, and Telgin, little trick with conjured wood: burn it for potash, fertilise the fields, get even more wood next season.

Devious, almost as bad as the perpetual motion machines.  :)

I don't suppose even an infinite amount of wood is really all that game breaking, but I wonder if this removes too much challange.  Probably not.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 140