Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348421 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #870 on: November 02, 2011, 08:48:40 pm »

Still, cows and such are clearly capiable of self-thought, and even a animal as basic as a rabbit is shown to be self-aware, even if mute.

And hay, Pinkie said she was in a hotdog eating contest once, and a few spotted something resembling ham sandwiches in one episode. But we can just put that at the writers slipping, tho.

This is true, which opens up another can of worms where we have to try and rationalize at what point an animal is an animal or a person.  A classic question of the sliding scale of humanity.  :)

Agreed about the writers slipping up.  It gives us fodder for exploring unspoken of parts of the pony universe, but I doubt it's what the writers intended.

Is it possible to designate individual creatures as butcherable or not (something to do with a sentient / sapient tag perhaps, I need to learn how to mod this game myself)?  If so I suppose you could just go and make all ungulates unbutcherable.  That would cover most of the cases we've seen in the cartoon.

Bunnies would still be a bit of a shady area, but at least we know fish are acceptable to consider food.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #871 on: November 02, 2011, 08:52:50 pm »

hey, a little off topic, but found this on EqD
Spoiler: pic (click to show/hide)
As can be seen, Bon Bon proves earth ponies can be in the army too. also, Lyra being Lyra, and going for the broken weapon that's OP :P

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 02, 2011, 08:59:55 pm »

This is true, which opens up another can of worms where we have to try and rationalize at what point an animal is an animal or a person.  A classic question of the sliding scale of humanity.  :)
Sapience is my definition of a "person". Cue Urist McHuman's entrance.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 02, 2011, 09:12:40 pm »

[CAN_LEARN] and [CAN_SPEAK] make a creature sapient and typically non-butcherable, though that's overridden by the eat_sapient ethics, and you can't milk or shear intelligent creatures whatever you do. I'll look into whether it's the same tag that makes them unbutcherable and unmilkable/unshearable, though it probably is.

As for bunnies, they only leave a skull, so they won't be a food source until they're increased in size or I implement making gelatin from bones, skulls and hides.

Re dwarven ale and such, yeah, I should probably replace those with cave or something. Good catch.

Oh, a little heads up: The plain process plants reaction seems to be converting bananas into thread. At the moment, I'm inclined to leave it that way until I can fix how banana ents work properly, so people still have access to the banana threads.

That pic is so awesome. Makes me wonder, has anyone had a go at drawing the cave or animal ponies? Also, as long as creatures with deadly dust stalk the caverns and "pull the lever" is the last word in defence, no handheld weapon is OP.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 02, 2011, 09:35:49 pm »

Personaly, if we are doing drawings, as the Badger Ponies seem to be a sort of mascot for this mod, a pic of one fighting, say, a Ursa would be a epic pic for the first page. To the art request threads!

Agreed about the writers slipping up.  It gives us fodder for exploring unspoken of parts of the pony universe, but I doubt it's what the writers intended.

Of course, the fodder sometimes makes stuff that can give people legit nightmares. See F:E and its popular spinoff FE:PH, to see what I am talking about. Oh, and is it rather unsettling to anybody else that the most well known fanfic in this fandoms history can be very easly recreated with the wrong (right?) moods?
" Hey, Bananna Cream, why do they call them axe handles if they arn't axes and they cant handle anything?"

Is it possible to designate individual creatures as butcherable or not (something to do with a sentient / sapient tag perhaps, I need to learn how to mod this game myself)?  If so I suppose you could just go and make all ungulates unbutcherable.  That would cover most of the cases we've seen in the cartoon.

Ah, but what about, say, Elephants? ::)
"Well, zebras have to eat something, silly!"

Bunnies would still be a bit of a shady area, but at least we know fish are acceptable to consider food.

Thing is, every animal fluttershy owns seems rather self-aware. How many birds do you know are willing to sing for a group of strangers and are capiable of helping clean up a house?

"Mommy, where does bacon come from?"

" Why child, Bacon comes from monkeys! Now, come up over here while uncle Jiggle Wiggle gets some eggs for dinner. We are having shepherds pie tonight!"
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 09:39:51 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: November 02, 2011, 09:47:54 pm »

"Mommy, where does bacon come from?"

" Why child, Bacon comes from monkeys! Now, come up over here while uncle Jiggle Wiggle gets some eggs for dinner. We are having shepherds pie tonight!"
Did I mention I'm against bestiality? :P

However, like the dwarves, I am not against slaughter of mindless animals. Cupcakes anyone?  ;D

Too bad I'd get Kuru...

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 02, 2011, 09:51:51 pm »

However, like the dwarves, I am not against slaughter of mindless animals. Cupcakes anyone?

Just a bit of salt, just a pinch...
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 02, 2011, 09:59:39 pm »

However, like the dwarves, I am not against slaughter of mindless animals. Cupcakes anyone?

Just a bit of salt, just a pinch...
Add a teaspoon of vanilla!

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 02, 2011, 10:00:59 pm »

Hey now, no need to break out in song all of a sudden. :D

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 02, 2011, 10:06:08 pm »

Hey now, no need to break out in song all of a sudden. :D
Sorry, would you prefer I broke out the scalpels?  :P

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 02, 2011, 10:11:10 pm »

Sorry, would you prefer I broke out the scalpels? 

Actualy, yes. This is Bay 12: we have apperances to keep up.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #881 on: November 02, 2011, 11:00:22 pm »

but... but...
scalpels aren't magma... :P

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 02, 2011, 11:01:07 pm »

but... but...

No. Scalpels are CUPCAKES!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #883 on: November 02, 2011, 11:09:15 pm »

but... but...
While I basically know what happens, like the bible, I can still say I've never read it. although, I've been meaning to read the bible at some point, so I might as well read cupcakes too...

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 02, 2011, 11:14:33 pm »

but... but...
While I basically know what happens, like the bible, I can still say I've never read it. although, I've been meaning to read the bible at some point, so I might as well read cupcakes too...
Would recommend the Bible....Cupcakes not so much.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 140