Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348415 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #855 on: November 01, 2011, 11:53:45 pm »

You want bastard, not bastered.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

DarkGenesis

• Bay Watcher
  • Darkness Shall Rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 02, 2011, 04:06:56 am »

Yeah, Earth ponies don't really have any combat advantages. Maybe I'll make them learn blunt weapon skills a little faster.

A bit late to notice this but; Kicking at 200% rate. Look at all that apple bucking they do!  :P

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 02, 2011, 04:38:21 am »

Regarding the semi-megabeasts, anything from D&D monster manual can be applied, considering it's the actual source for several all the "monster" characters so far (Wizards of the Coast are a subsidiary of Hasbro, the owners of MLP). Meaning we can add in fan favourites like Gelatinous cubes (or some more delicious variants, like chocolate cubes, or jello cubes... mmmmmmm), or a Tarrasque.
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 02, 2011, 04:46:38 am »

I wonder if a honey badger gelatin cube would have prone to rage...

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 02, 2011, 05:40:09 am »

I'll go mod in some stuff from D&D.

Just looking through my copy of Monsters and Treasure. There doesn't seem to be much that isn't in the game already/is impossible to put in yet. I guess I could put in chimeras and wyverns, but all else is useless.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 02, 2011, 05:44:27 am »

Well, Supplement IV seems a bit more useful for some of the semimegas and megas.

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 02, 2011, 01:29:12 pm »

Noticed a bug in Necro's fort: Ponies liking "dwarven beer", which shouldn't exist.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, the "helmet snake pony leather"  :o
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 02, 2011, 02:30:20 pm »

Noticed a bug in Necro's fort: Ponies liking "dwarven beer", which shouldn't exist

Yeah, that should be fixed. Goatish Beer, anyone?

Also, is it wrong for a pony to have something made out of deer or horse? Just saying that it gets a mite creepy in my Zebra fort when everything is made out of Camel. I get a "Cupecakes" feeling every time I check my buchers areas and seeing lumps of Camel flesh clogging everything up.

Just looking through my copy of Monsters and Treasure. There doesn't seem to be much that isn't in the game already/is impossible to put in yet. I guess I could put in chimeras and wyverns, but all else is useless.

Well, on my currant list to add, Gorgans, catoblepas, and flaming Khalkotauroi all seem to be fine semimegabeast material.  Gorgans would have a poison breath, catoblepas would have a "gaze" that would cause stunning ( and perhapes suffocation ), while the flaming brass bull is, well, a flaming brass bull.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 02:49:11 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 02, 2011, 04:15:39 pm »

Okay, now I have free time to play. And what am I doing? I'm mixing and matching MLP mod, Slimelands and my own tyranid ponies.
Which as of now consist of Gaunt (+Termagaunt), Ravener, Lictor, Tyrant (SMB), Trygon (SMB) and Carnifex (MB).
What have I gotten myself into.

BTW: are there any tyranids that fit into the 10-25 ton range? If there are, I'd make them megabeasts and shrink the carnifex back to SMB. Lexicanum has several "monstrous" creatures, but they either have no weight specified, or are too huge (some are compared to a small imperial titan).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 04:22:13 pm by Valikdu »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 02, 2011, 04:53:33 pm »

Also, is it wrong for a pony to have something made out of deer or horse?

Well, humans eat monkeys in some cultures, so in and of itself this shouldn't be a problem.

The underlying problem of course is that the ponies eat meat at all, which they clearly don't in the cartoon (nor would a real pony).  This is something that really can't be fixed in the current version of Dwarf Fortress if I understand correctly though.  Removing butcher shops would prevent you from butchering animals, but that removes all of their other useful side products in addition to meat.  And it wouldn't stop you from importing and eating it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 02, 2011, 05:06:57 pm »

Noticed a bug in Necro's fort: Ponies liking "dwarven beer", which shouldn't exist

Yeah, that should be fixed. Goatish Beer, anyone?

Also, is it wrong for a pony to have something made out of deer or horse? Just saying that it gets a mite creepy in my Zebra fort when everything is made out of Camel. I get a "Cupecakes" feeling every time I check my buchers areas and seeing lumps of Camel flesh clogging everything up.

Well, on my currant list to add, Gorgans, catoblepas, and flaming Khalkotauroi all seem to be fine semimegabeast material.  Gorgans would have a poison breath, catoblepas would have a "gaze" that would cause stunning ( and perhapes suffocation ), while the flaming brass bull is, well, a flaming brass bull.

I can't find any of them except the Gorgons. Are they in AD&D or basic?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 02, 2011, 05:12:14 pm »

Okay, now I have free time to play. And what am I doing? I'm mixing and matching MLP mod, Slimelands and my own tyranid ponies.
Which as of now consist of Gaunt (+Termagaunt), Ravener, Lictor, Tyrant (SMB), Trygon (SMB) and Carnifex (MB).
What have I gotten myself into.

BTW: are there any tyranids that fit into the 10-25 ton range? If there are, I'd make them megabeasts and shrink the carnifex back to SMB. Lexicanum has several "monstrous" creatures, but they either have no weight specified, or are too huge (some are compared to a small imperial titan).
Warhammer 40k don't do that sort of thing. You have <10 tonnes for 40k, then <100 tonnes for Apocalypse. Nothing in between.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 02, 2011, 06:16:40 pm »

Well, humans eat monkeys in some cultures, so in and of itself this shouldn't be a problem.

The underlying problem of course is that the ponies eat meat at all, which they clearly don't in the cartoon (nor would a real pony).  This is something that really can't be fixed in the current version of Dwarf Fortress if I understand correctly though.  Removing butcher shops would prevent you from butchering animals, but that removes all of their other useful side products in addition to meat.  And it wouldn't stop you from importing and eating it.

Still, cows and such are clearly capiable of self-thought, and even a animal as basic as a rabbit is shown to be self-aware, even if mute.

And hay, Pinkie said she was in a hotdog eating contest once, and a few spotted something resembling ham sandwiches in one episode. But we can just put that at the writers slipping, tho.

I can't find any of them except the Gorgons. Are they in AD&D or basic?
Ah, sorry. I was not aware you only had the original box sets. I am a Pathfinder person, myself. ( Dont shoot me!)

Anyway, I do think that the catoblepas should be in there, somewhere. The Khalkotauroi where pulled straight from a old text we had to study in class, actualy. Think a brass  bull with a smoky fire breath. I would think that two bull-shaped shaped beasts need some spiceing up , and that we could slap on wings on one of them for !!fun!! and profit. Or we could make the Gorgan scaly to offset the poison breath. "shrugs"

Warhammer 40k don't do that sort of thing. You have <10 tonnes for 40k, then <100 tonnes for Apocalypse. Nothing in between.

Indeed. You are ether a troop choice or a unit in Apocalypse. No in betweeners.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 02, 2011, 06:19:02 pm »

Well, I've AD&D and 3rd and 3.5 books...just no monster manuals.

Only one I've got is from what claims to be 'The Original Collector's Edition'.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 02, 2011, 06:32:39 pm »

Well, I've AD&D and 3rd and 3.5 books...just no monster manuals.

Only one I've got is from what claims to be 'The Original Collector's Edition'.

Oh. Well, this is interesting. I have what seems to be a rather lackluster investment in nearly every hardcover 4e book made so far ( Garage sales are the best, and it looks like I will make a killing on ebay a few years down the road.), and quite a few of the Pathfinder adventure paths.
 The main site has a link to the SRD, which is, unlike 3.5s, has almost everything on it. Everything. With every peice of crunch made for the system in a very clean and prim website.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 140