Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348404 times)

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #825 on: November 01, 2011, 05:11:53 pm »

Umm, Nidokoenig? Are you sure parasprites are coded right?
Charity's Journal 9th Obsidian 97

GOD'S ABOVE! A swarm of parasprites has come out of the Jungle, not unusual, we get those sometimes, but I just witnessed one, bite a war dog in the throat and shake the whole thing around like a child's rag doll, and then it bite it's head and tear it's scalp right off.

tagg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 01, 2011, 05:14:12 pm »

Pegasi are also faster miners because of their move speed. I found that starting with two miners of equal skill where one is a pegasus and the other an earth pony, the pegasus would gain skill much more quickly. Which doesn't make sense.
Re: Combat
Maybe earth ponies should be given tougher bones and more body mass seeing as they don't need to fly?

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 01, 2011, 05:33:50 pm »

Mass would be a result of changing their tissue weights, the body size modifier is volume and all regular ponies are roughly the same size, so I can't do what I did with cave ponies. It might be an idea to give pegasi lighter bones, yes, I'll have to see about how to make that work, since it'll be swapping out bone materials based on caste.

It might well be an idea to increase the skill rate debuff on pegasi. At the moment, they're 20% faster, and learn 10% slower. It's odd that they learn faster than an earth pony who learns 30% faster, though.

Parasprites are quite small, about the thirtieth of a dog's size. It's possible the dog got swarmed by a number of parasprites, making it easier for the sprite to get a decisive strike in, or it could just be random chaos, "If there's a storm in Manehattan, a parasprite tears a dog's throat out in Ponyville". In any case, unless events like that one are more common than I realise, they should be working right.

Edit: I've uploaded the fix for doughs and the gynosphinx stuff, you should just be able to drop reaction_pony_dough.txt and creature_pony_lion.txt into your main and save raws. I'll update the OP, it's still go the version 1.4 data.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 05:44:17 pm by Nidokoenig »

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 01, 2011, 05:41:15 pm »

Also, going through a newly genned world, it seems there are still references to humanoid in demons and whatnot.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 01, 2011, 05:46:10 pm »

Demons and forgotten beasts? I'm pretty sure they're hardcoded. It could be changed, but it would require quite a code dig, unless somepony knows something I don't.

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 01, 2011, 05:48:13 pm »

Ahh, it was just because in the readme you said you replaced human and humanoid with ape-like and two-legged. On that subject, what about giants? What exactly are they with no humanoids around?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 01, 2011, 05:51:13 pm »

Umm, Nidokoenig? Are you sure parasprites are coded right?
Charity's Journal 9th Obsidian 97

GOD'S ABOVE! A swarm of parasprites has come out of the Jungle, not unusual, we get those sometimes, but I just witnessed one, bite a war dog in the throat and shake the whole thing around like a child's rag doll, and then it bite it's head and tear it's scalp right off.

I'm also curious about some of the cavern critters being a bit more powerful than expected.  I'm guessing this is just DF being glitchy with biting, but I had a cave swallow pony bite off an amber forgotten beast's head.  Seems a bit far fetched to me!  I've read enough similar cases (an elf child apparently bit a dwarf in half in someone's adventure once), that I'll just chalk biting up to being bugged like throwing.

In other news, that forgotten beast I mentioned a few pages ago took out Fluttershy (along with the other 70 or so ponies).  That makes 3 of the mane 6 down and another comic to draw when I get the time.  Too bad she died almost the exact same way as Rainbow Dash (puking up her blood and guts), I wouldn't want to just redo hers with Fluttershy in it.

Oh, and here's to lending my support to making earth ponies better combatants somehow.  A little more mass might be enough, I dunno.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 01, 2011, 05:56:06 pm »

I agree with giving earth ponies more mass, though I'm not sure how it would pan out overall. Also, you might want to remove human and other non-existing creatures form the language files, I just got a buffalo civilization called the Earth of Men.

Edit: HOLY CRAP DIAMOND DOG CIV!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:01:24 pm by Theropod Watcher »

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 01, 2011, 06:01:55 pm »

I replaced references to humanoid, rather than cut them out. So the Giant entry begins thus:

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:GIANT]
[DESCRIPTION:A gigantic creature standing on its hind legs, almost unparalleled in size.]

Gnomes are referred to as primates, and so on. Or should I make My Little Gnomies?

That forgotten beast one does seem weird, yes. It's possible it's an issue with beak tissues and biting, but do remember that, being a pony, the cave swallow ponies are quite large.

I'll do some experiments with giving different castes different bone types, maybe make earth pony hooves heavier.

Edit: Oh yeah, I got the diamond dogs working. There are other thief civs about, rhesus pegasi, phantom slippies, and two kinds of jay peg.

DarkGenesis

• Bay Watcher
  • Darkness Shall Rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 01, 2011, 06:02:52 pm »

All this talk of the learning bonuses has got me wondering about a few of them....

I might change them around a bit for my own liking, I see stonecrafting and woodcrafting more for the unicorns (working with small objects, having a telekinetic horn can do wonders!) and masonry and carpentry more for the earth ponies, also seeing all the nonsense Rarity has gotten into over gems makes me wonder if unicorns should have all the gem related tasks, also cheesemaking will be moved to the earth ponies to give them all food related tasks (I don't believe I've ever seen anypony other than them working with food). Other than that though I've been very happy with all the rest of them.

EDIT: Oh my goodness. After looking at how OP the Alicorns are I realize how lucky I was to start with 2 of them. 110% on everything except dodging which is 160%.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:10:42 pm by DarkGenesis »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: November 01, 2011, 07:01:17 pm »

EDIT: Oh my goodness. After looking at how OP the Alicorns are I realize how lucky I was to start with 2 of them. 110% on everything except dodging which is 160%.

I was wondering why those dark princesses were figuratively (I hope) raping my ponies.  I knew they were supposed to be larger, but I didn't realize they had other bonuses too.  I really need to throw some of my royals into the army.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 01, 2011, 07:05:42 pm »

I'm going to continue modding on the lions.

Are they supposed to be unable to mine?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 01, 2011, 07:18:37 pm »

Ok, THIS IS THE BEST MOD EVER! And I agree with the following:
EDIT:
Also dam your avatar, I keep finding myself staring at it going round and round and round and round....................................
it is quite hypnot...ic....STARE................................*drool*
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 01, 2011, 07:20:15 pm »

Ok, THIS IS THE BEST MOD EVER! And I agree with the following:
EDIT:
Also dam your avatar, I keep finding myself staring at it going round and round and round and round....................................
it is quite hypnot...ic....STARE................................*drool*

You are feeling very sleepy....
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

DarkGenesis

• Bay Watcher
  • Darkness Shall Rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 01, 2011, 07:21:49 pm »

I'm going to continue modding on the lions.

Are they supposed to be unable to mine?

I'm not sure about mining since I have yet to try out the lions, but that would be very odd, especially since the manticore have [SKILL_LEARN_RATE:MINING:130].

I did notice they seem to be lacking [TRANCES] like all the others, but that's easily fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 140