Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348360 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #810 on: November 01, 2011, 12:39:11 pm »

You might want to change the female 'royal' lion from Androsphinx to Gynosphinx.

Right, right. Andro- means male. Ah well. DL'ing the new version and playing lions right now :p

As am I :P

I'm going to try to mod in claw weapons for the lions.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 01, 2011, 12:40:39 pm »

Problem is, those claw weapons will be held in mouths and tails as well.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 01, 2011, 12:45:32 pm »

Nope. Give it to stance type. Or something else. I'll figure it out.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 01, 2011, 12:47:44 pm »

You can't specify any kind of limits on weapons. Any kind of grasp can hold any kind of weapon.

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 01, 2011, 12:53:16 pm »

You can't specify any kind of limits on weapons. Any kind of grasp can hold any kind of weapon.

Wouldnt that allow hooves to be graspers then? It would fit in with the "magnetic hooves" phenomenon...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 01, 2011, 12:54:16 pm »

I'll MAKE it work!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 01, 2011, 01:02:19 pm »

Wouldnt that allow hooves to be graspers then? It would fit in with the "magnetic hooves" phenomenon...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sugically-implanted magnetic horseshoes?  :P

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 01, 2011, 01:46:45 pm »

What we really need, and have really needed for a long time, is combat damage modifiers to non-weapon items. I mean, in DF as a whole.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: November 01, 2011, 02:21:57 pm »

What we really need, and have really needed for a long time, is combat damage modifiers to non-weapon items. I mean, in DF as a whole.

I think we already have those. Remember Captain Ironblood and his artifact cabinet? Or was that technically unarmed?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 02:54:36 pm by Zarhon »

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: November 01, 2011, 02:53:34 pm »

I think we already have those. Remember Captain Ironblood and his artifact cabinet? Or was that technically unarmed?

The Armoire of Invincibility? That'd be misc object user.

As for grasping hooves, that'd give things like unicorns four graspers, which is a bit OP for a regular pony if they grasp a shield in each, not to mention slippies having five graspers. I dread to think how we'd kill the new hotness if it rocked up with eight shields and a silver whip.

Should have caught the androsphinx thing. I'll make the females gynosphixes and make the adjective anthrosphinx, but that can wait. There's still some kinks to be ironed out in the banana ents, like how their shearings are called corpses and making the shearings produce leaves(currently you have to butcher them).

Oh! The syrup dough reactions are calling for a sugar containing item! I'll get fix that quickly(and the reverse trap sphinkes), all you really need to do is switch in the new reaction_pony_dough.txt, in the regular raws and your saves. If you can't wait, this is the problem:

Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:syrup:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REACTION_CLASS:PONY_DOUGH_SYRUP]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:syrup container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[CONTAINS:sugar]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]

It should read [CONTAINS:syrup] instead of sugar, It should occur(think think, think) eighteen times. By the way, sky bulbs have been rejigged, they produce rum instead of ale and can be made into syrup, which is also acceptable for this reaction. Not sugar, though, because they're already a dye, maybe I'll make a reaction for making sugar from syrup when I add distilling rum in the cocktail arc.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: November 01, 2011, 02:57:06 pm »

There's still some kinks to be ironed out in the banana ents, like how their shearings are called corpses
You made a tree, that grows dead bodies. DORFY TREE IS DORFY

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 01, 2011, 03:13:17 pm »

There's still some kinks to be ironed out in the banana ents, like how their shearings are called corpses

Banana shearings... Aren't those banana peels?

Speaking of which, question regarding the earth ponies: Do they have any increases in learning actual combat skills (dodging, weapons, etc) or passive physical power benefits? They seem lacking for any type of military duty, with unicorns out-grasping them + leadership bonus, and pegasus ponies being faster/dodgier + flying (which can be useful for positioning flying crossbow-squads)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 04:04:44 pm by Zarhon »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: November 01, 2011, 03:32:10 pm »

Banana shearings... Aren't those banana peels?

Speaking of which, question regarding the earth ponies: Do they have any increases in learning actual combat skills (dodging, weapons, etc) or passive physical power benefits? They seem lacking for any type of military duty, with unicorns out-grasping them + leadership bonus, and pegasus ponies being faster/dodgier flying (which can be useful for positioning flying crossbow-squads)
Banana leaves.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 01, 2011, 03:55:22 pm »

Speaking of which, question regarding the earth ponies: Do they have any increases in learning actual combat skills (dodging, weapons, etc) or passive physical power benefits? They seem lacking for any type of military duty, with unicorns out-grasping them + leadership bonus, and pegasus ponies being faster/dodgier flying (which can be useful for positioning flying crossbow-squads)

I think nopony has any increase in combat skills (pegasi-analogs and alicorn-analogs have dodging). And, nopony has any increase in physical parameters (exept the alicorns, who are huge).

As for the usefulness of earth ponies, hmm. My first ever weapon (sword) master was an earth pony.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 01, 2011, 04:31:56 pm »

Yeah, Earth ponies don't really have any combat advantages. Maybe I'll make them learn blunt weapon skills a little faster.

Dough reactions need a little more work, shouldn't take too long. Mostly quantity production now. Is anyone else having problems with oil pressing? It just doesn't seem to be working for me, I've just been using tallow and butter.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 140