Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348425 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #615 on: October 12, 2011, 04:49:41 pm »

A friend of mine has been bugging me to watch this. I might as well get around to it...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pinkie Pie looks like a man in that picture  :-\
The original picture it's based off is a man.
Ah, OK. Was wonderin' what happened there.

It wonder if it would be funnier if she had her Pinkamina hair  :P

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #616 on: October 12, 2011, 08:10:33 pm »

so, how are people's pony forts going?

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 12, 2011, 08:18:20 pm »

Well, some Diomedian ponies over here are clearing out a cavern of its... unique wildlife, just after some Zebras made a few calculation errors and blew a hole in their magma pipes. Just an average Dwarf Fortress day, really.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 12, 2011, 09:09:33 pm »

A friend of mine has been bugging me to watch this. I might as well get around to it...

Well, some Diomedian ponies over here are clearing out a cavern of its... unique wildlife, just after some Zebras made a few calculation errors and blew a hole in their magma pipes. Just an average Dwarf Fortress day, really.

Mine's pretty decent. Caravan arrived as two diomedian groups started an ambush, led by their queen.

After clearing away the diomedian ponies, I traded away all my useless stuff (including statues and other buildings). Nothing really major. I did decide to pierce all three caverns at once.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 12, 2011, 09:11:44 pm »

mine's kinda in the recovery phase of a FB attack, even better, it's looking like the syndrome itself isn't lethal.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 12, 2011, 09:14:03 pm »

Mine's pretty decent. Caravan arrived as two diomedian groups started an ambush, led by their queen.

After clearing away the diomedian ponies, I traded away all my useless stuff (including statues and other buildings). Nothing really major. I did decide to pierce all three caverns at once.
mine's kinda in the recovery phase of a FB attack, even better, it's looking like the syndrome itself isn't lethal.

I can't wait till my first real megabeast. Only got a cyclops and a minotaur, both of which got killed by civilian ponies.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 12, 2011, 09:21:23 pm »

Hey, I mainly play adventure mood, so I'm going out on a limb here and assuming that ponies get moods too. I wonder what happened to get strange moods. Also, what kind of horrible event caused a massive downturn in pony numbers, animals and weather to go wild and a general numbing feeling that causes some ponies to go out and start brutally slaying other ponies without helping.

It would make an awesome darkfic.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 12, 2011, 09:25:31 pm »

You can read all about it in my Friendship is Magma thread, located in my signature.

[SHAMELESS_ADVERTISEMENT]

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 13, 2011, 11:08:00 am »

I illustrated my failed Applejack mood.  The comic is huge so here's just a link to it: http://fav.me/d4coyjr.  Ignore the other crap in my gallery, most of it is positively ancient.

Otherwise, I'm having a harder time of the military than I expected.  Although all of my ponies are well armed and armored (as well as copper can get you anyway), the last two sieges have been pretty damaging to my military.  I think I've had maybe 7 ponies with multiple broken legs, and about 7 fatalities from kicked in skulls, infection or bleeding to death in the hospital.  I looked at the armor chart earlier in the thread, and I think I have their legs covered but I dunno.  I couldn't get them to wear leggings correctly, maybe a conflict with another piece of armor.  Do copper high boots help prevent broken legs, or do they just protect hooves?

I dug down to the caverns and had some interesting fun with cave swallow ponies when all my haulers decided they wanted to steal the locals' spears and blowguns...  no fatalities amazingly but Fluttershy got bitten in the eye and kicked in the guts.  She hasn't wandered near the caverns since.  Good girl.  A snow monster forgotten beast got pummeled dead in one hit by a hammerpony.

Things are going too well otherwise... over 3000 stockpiled food supplies, and no diomedian sieges in quite some time.  The next one is going to be a doozy, I can feel it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 13, 2011, 11:26:40 am »

My armor set is always this:
Code: [Select]
Peytral (chest)
Chanfron (head)
Crupper (legs)
High Boots x4 (legs)
Caparison (everything)
I'm pretty sure that that is full coverage. If you have both leggings and a crupper assigned to your military, I think that they can't be worn together.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 13, 2011, 11:36:44 am »

I illustrated my failed Applejack mood.  The comic is huge so here's just a link to it: http://fav.me/d4coyjr.  Ignore the other crap in my gallery, most of it is positively ancient.
The average day in the ponyhomes.

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 13, 2011, 12:51:30 pm »

Mine is 95 Pop, and over 3 years I've had no seiges. The only attack was by a forgotten beast, my two squads, with some having poor armor and one almost brand new thrashed it. The only death was the first wrestler pony, who got caught in the extract burst, and my militia commander right behind him got a broken leg, though he still gets around fine (I set up a hospital right after and he's been fine). Oh, also, one of my military ponies is blind. But he fights fantastic.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 13, 2011, 01:22:42 pm »

The average day in the ponyhomes.

Pretty much.  I've had I think 5 or 6 failed moods in 3 years.  Only 2 successful ones.  [Un]fortunately, only Applejack went berzerk.  The rest just moped around until they thirsted to death.

Which reminds me that I haven't had any pegasi get stuck and starve to death in a year or so.  I guess ramps and floors along the walls helped that out nicely.

Other canon(ish) ponies I've lost that I can recall are Carrot Top (pincushioned by a Diomedian siege), Soarin' (infection due to broken legs in a siege), Spitfire (starved to death on a wall), Apple Fritter (failed mood, went melancholy), Apple Tart (failed mood, went melancholy) and a few other of Applejack's family that I don't recall (all failed moods).  Her family is cursed or something.

Now if only I could somehow make the ponies I nicknamed after her family actually related.  I might actually see a tantrum!  I have one pony who lost two foals to snatchers (I caged the snatchers, forgot about them and the foals starved in the cages, I think) and his wife to a siege.  He's unhappy, but not even miserable...

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 13, 2011, 01:41:02 pm »

You see, that is exactly why I don't name my ponies after in-show characters.
They all die.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 13, 2011, 01:49:31 pm »

You see, that is exactly why I don't name my ponies after in-show characters.
They all die.

This is why I love Dwarf Fortress though.  It lets me do terrible things to the characters I love.  Or... let them to it to themselves anyway.

I unfortunately haven't had much fun with the no namer ponies I conjured names for.  Bubble Wrap, Thunder Thighs, Glass Jaw, Sugar Britches, they're all getting along swimmingly.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 140