Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348471 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #585 on: October 11, 2011, 01:17:50 pm »

The elf word for that directly translates into 'elf-like'

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 11, 2011, 03:00:45 pm »

Do sieges happen too soon for Diomedans because they're evil? The other entities seem to have the usual siege triggers written in raws.
I'm playing as Rainbows now, at 78 pop and no siege yet (reckon they'll start at 80, as intended).

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 11, 2011, 05:22:51 pm »

The siege triggers are for when that entity will siege, which is how a lot of challenge mods work, you get different races attacking you at different times. Oddly, buffalo don't seem to have them, I'll fix that, but all the others do. [BABYSNATCHER] may well upgrade the belligerence of non-snatchers and make them ignore the triggers.

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 11, 2011, 06:36:16 pm »

My fortress has given up trying to farm. I haven't ever had a struggle growing food before but for some reason, this fortress is different.

Plus we kill everything in site, fishing, hunting, plant gathering, tree cutting TO THE EXTREME
Let's look at an average meal in my fort.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 11, 2011, 06:49:06 pm »

My fortress has given up trying to farm. I haven't ever had a struggle growing food before but for some reason, this fortress is different.

Plus we kill everything in site, fishing, hunting, plant gathering, tree cutting TO THE EXTREME
Let's look at an average meal in my fort.

Hah, I love that picture.

I haven't had any real trouble with farming food myself, although I just stick with the dwarven food to be safe.  The ponies seem to eat more than dwarves, but maybe it's my imagination.  I've actually disabled hunting and fishing and have gotten by quite well on just farming.

I did end up assigning close to half of my ponies to farming duty, but it was completely unnecessary and I was just seeing how far I could go with it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 11, 2011, 06:52:24 pm »

And now this gives me an idea for a community fort where the ponies are slowly driven to murdering animals in a harsh tundra. Technically it would be more like cannibalism then anything. The ponies could start out happily eating their rations, then run out, slowly realize they need alternative food, deny it until one of them dies and then, while crying, murder an animal and eating it.

Maybe when a pony kills an animal it automatically gets the "Doesn't Care About Anything Anymore" thing?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 11, 2011, 06:58:59 pm »

And now this gives me an idea for a community fort where the ponies are slowly driven to murdering animals in a harsh tundra. Technically it would be more like cannibalism then anything. The ponies could start out happily eating their rations, then run out, slowly realize they need alternative food, deny it until one of them dies and then, while crying, murder an animal and eating it.

Maybe when a pony kills an animal it automatically gets the "Doesn't Care About Anything Anymore" thing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOVDu7etQlc

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 11, 2011, 07:41:09 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYAGB11YrSs

Technically, it'd only be cannibalism if they were eating other equinoids, and the only equinoids they'll have to deal with up in the frozen tundra are polar bear ponies, who have it coming, ursa major ponies and inedible trojan ponies. I'm pretty sure it's not possible to mod creatures to get the doesn't care attribute quicker.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 11, 2011, 09:03:23 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYAGB11YrSs

Technically, it'd only be cannibalism if they were eating other equinoids, and the only equinoids they'll have to deal with up in the frozen tundra are polar bear ponies, who have it coming, ursa major ponies and inedible trojan ponies. I'm pretty sure it's not possible to mod creatures to get the doesn't care attribute quicker.
I...

I...

Sandvich.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 12, 2011, 07:47:03 am »

...So.
Goblins tried to do a siege. I just sent my squad (full squad, all in steel armament) at them, and all the goblins died without landing one good blow. Then there was (instantly) two ambushes by diomedans, one of which was faced by a lone swordpony. Who killed about 6 of them with only minor injuries, and he now doesn't care about anything anymore.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 12, 2011, 08:03:10 am »

You see, being almost three times the size of a human makes you quite a bit more awesome than normal.
I'd say... about 200% cooler :p

JJtoocool

• Bay Watcher
  • Unfortunate Accident: ∞
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 12, 2011, 08:30:15 am »

Am I seriously seeing this from the same people who BURN PUPPIES, LAUNCH BABIES and EAT KITTENS.

Quote from: Goblin 3 to Goblin 1
I heard that I died.
Quote from: Goblin 1 to Goblin 3
It was inevitable.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 12, 2011, 08:38:07 am »

Am I seriously seeing this from the same people who BURN PUPPIES, LAUNCH BABIES and EAT KITTENS.

Well, this mod offers more endless possibilities. See, if you can survive as Diomedans, you can do some really nice stuff. The fact that their ethics allow eating sapients really helps. And the fact that the "simple" meal is now cupcakes.

Yes, you can (and should, that's what they get for invadin') skin other ponies, bake cupcakes from their meat and make useful things out of their skin and bones.

Also see signature. Although I'm not really sure if you can make a leather statue...

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 12, 2011, 09:39:56 am »

Cupcakes  :P

EVERYONE...IS INVITED... FOR CUPCAKES...

JJtoocool

• Bay Watcher
  • Unfortunate Accident: ∞
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 12, 2011, 10:29:47 am »

Cupcakes, great I love those!

...You eat first.
I heard that I died.
It was inevitable.