Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348481 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #375 on: September 06, 2011, 08:44:35 pm »

FOr adventure mode, I called it S2CGotSMLFTM&FNiP!
(Slaves to celestia, Goddess of the Sun:My Little Fortress: Tales of %magic and %Freindship: Now it's Personal!)

I think I just got colon overdose.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 06, 2011, 09:21:29 pm »

Princess Celestia is a deity that occurs in the legends of Equestria. Celestia is most often depicted as a female royal pony and is associated with sunshine, friendship and depravity.

SeigeOps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 08, 2011, 07:36:16 pm »

Loving the mod so far. Still getting used to all of the changes, but I think I'm getting the hang of it (and the mod is thankfully forgiving, at least compared to vanilla DF anyway). Figuring out exactly what armor & what layer it goes is a bit mystifying, even with that nice chart from earlier clearing up some of the ambiguity.

Also, a small suggestion: mind renaming backpacks to saddlebags for flavor?

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 08, 2011, 08:40:02 pm »

Yeah, I've been thinking it would be a good idea to make up some cards with basic info, like what peytrals and chanfrons are or what the differences between the various castes are, so people can have them as a reference. If anyone's interested in drawing pictures to represent each caste, that'd be cool.

I looked in the raws and couldn't find an entry for backpacks, seems they're hardcoded.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 09, 2011, 05:04:40 am »

Just use Wikipedia or the military screen.

What I'm wondering was how you paint wood. Apples was strange, but only because I didn't have a kitchen set up at the time :P
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 09, 2011, 09:01:27 pm »

You need a wood painting workshop, a bag of dye from the new plants and a dyer.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 10, 2011, 12:42:12 pm »

To those arguing over the name. You are all wrong. The correct title is this.

Slaves to Celestia. Goddesses of the Burning Sun. Chapter II. My Little Fortress. Magma is Magic.

Also, the song goes like this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CMRawles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 10, 2011, 09:50:42 pm »

Excuse me, but I have but one question, why is it that Unicorns get "Forge_Weapon" faster, but not "Forge_Armor"?

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 10, 2011, 11:52:06 pm »

soo, now we have two canidates for the themesong..
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Joey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 11, 2011, 03:42:06 pm »

I wanted to love this mod. Unfortunately I get a bit uncomfortable every time I see a pony cut to dozens of pieces...
Though regardless of my sissyness, I must say you have done a great job with this mod!

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 11, 2011, 03:52:34 pm »

Excuse me, but I have but one question, why is it that Unicorns get "Forge_Weapon" faster, but not "Forge_Armor"?

Because forging weapons requires extra finesse, which the telekinetic horn allows for, but armour, not so much.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 11, 2011, 11:54:45 pm »

Princess Celestia is a deity that occurs in the legends of Equestria. Celestia is most often depicted as a female royal pony and is associated with sunshine, friendship and depravity.

I think technically Celestia is a horse, as she appears to be over 58 inches tall.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 12, 2011, 12:50:45 am »

I think technically Celestia is a horse, as she appears to be over 58 inches tall.

But the breed she belongs to are ponies, she's just an overly large Little Pony. Thoroughbreds of a certain breed can exceed the height limit, it's the typical height of the breed that matters.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 12, 2011, 09:55:36 am »

But the breed she belongs to are ponies, she's just an overly large Little Pony. Thoroughbreds of a certain breed can exceed the height limit, it's the typical height of the breed that matters.

But she's clearly a different breed than the other main characters. In addition to being taller, her body is longer, her head is shaped completely differently, and her horn is longer in comparison to her head than any other unicorn in the show by a very wide margin.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 12, 2011, 01:31:32 pm »

I chalk that up to the whole "nigh-immortal god-empress" thing.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 140