Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348550 times)

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #990 on: November 07, 2011, 06:47:11 am »

Nido, I'm having another issue...

my 'mountainhome' caravan came, bringing... nothing. At all. So I gifted them some junk hoping that they'd come back next year with something I requested... and it's next year... and they haven't left yet. I got the 'packed up' message as per usual, and the meeting went smoothly, then they just sat there. There's a clear run for them off any edge of the map they desire, and I'm confused.

I have seen this with LFR's Nephelim. Flying traders can not trade, and sometimes do not leave until you deconstruct the depot. It's a DF bug with flying.

Hrm, then I guess removing flier from pegasi would be the easiest way to go to keep this from reoccuring?
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 07, 2011, 11:25:24 am »

Hrm, then I guess removing flier from pegasi would be the easiest way to go to keep this from reoccuring?

Unfortunatly, yes.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 07, 2011, 11:36:17 am »

In other words, a little like Fallout: Equestria

How excited would people be if I said I had a mod of this in the works?
I would play FO:E over MLF.

Adventure Mode?  Out in the wastelands killing everypony... or I guess be the vault dweller.

Dwarf Mode?  Making a city in the raider infested wasteland...  come all ye poor and distraught ponies... we shall build haven together or die trying.  Raiders, hellhounds, alicorns and ghouls be damned...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 07, 2011, 12:13:29 pm »

Dwarf Mode?  Making a city in the raider infested wasteland...  come all ye poor and distraught ponies... we shall build haven together or die trying.  Raiders, Enclave, Talon Mercs, Red Eye, Steel Rangers, Raider-virus infused Vaults, rouge battledrones, the occasinal dragon, cyberponies, sandogs,anyone still around from canterlot, anything from the Hoof, zebras, the varying mutated Everfucked abomination, manticores, the Jackal, Viper, and Scorpion raider gangs ( complete with mutations appropriate for there names.) giant-blood sucking bats, giant mutated star-bears, rouge mutated buffalo, smallish mutated bears, heavly tainted/mutated/radiated ponies, Dead Horse tribe members,hellhounds, alicorns and ghouls be damned...

Fixed.  :o...

My gods, this may be the most hardcore world ever put into DF, if it is done correctly. Oh, and who else thinks that any attempt to create a fort using this would make Arbu look like a completly normal place?

Oh, and someone simply must create Rampage in this as a once-per world megabeast. Probably with a super-hard to break "talsiman" in the torso and fast-regenerating "flesh" with no scaring could work.
Calling it a "red zebra" is a nice, nonindictive name that does not prepare you for your death.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:25:46 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 07, 2011, 12:28:21 pm »

Arbu would be tame compared to the stuff I'm going to pull. Not going to derail your thread, Nido, so I'll just put this here.

Spoiler: FO:E (click to show/hide)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 07, 2011, 12:59:59 pm »

You may want to put this into a new thread, Crazy Cow, but here are my two cents:

FO:D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 01:10:14 pm by Pokon »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 07, 2011, 01:18:00 pm »

You may want to put this into a new thread, Crazy Cow, but here are my two cents:

FO:D

Already derailing.  Success.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 07, 2011, 01:36:58 pm »

Yet, its not going to save them from a balefire egg launcher.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 07, 2011, 01:48:24 pm »

I don't believe anything can survive that.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 07, 2011, 02:10:16 pm »

I don't believe anything can survive that.
Ursa Major?

Snip.
No idea. We could try put eggs proper on very rare "ancient civilizean" (Zebra Terrorists?) creatures, with the actual launcher being another realy rare drop from something superpowerful ( Greater Horse WarModel: Tank?) Or, perhapes the egg shell must be made out of very, very rare substance that can only be harvested in small amounts (candy? No wonder why Zebras did not like luna for making starmetal armor.), and the interior must be made out of a sufficantly irradated matrial.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:16:54 pm by Pokon »

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1000 on: November 07, 2011, 04:42:27 pm »

Nido. I have a few suggestions.

First - Do u think u could remove all "dwarvish" plants, trees, etc? And either replace them or not with MLP equivalents? Cause it just seems weird to see "plump helmet" in an MLP thing lol

Lastly - Changing the pets may be useful as well .... since u have "trees" as pets but How can they be? lol
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 07, 2011, 04:58:33 pm »

First - Do u think u could remove all "dwarvish" plants, trees, etc? And either replace them or not with MLP equivalents? Cause it just seems weird to see "plump helmet" in an MLP thing lol

Thats coming up. If you want to remove something, go to the raws and do it yourself. There is nothing stoping you. We have a good amount of crops already, and there is nothing the matter with growing wheat or berries. Mushrooms, perhapes, but not fruit.  Heres a hint: Change the word "Plump Helmets" to "Broad Saddles". There, ponyfide underground fruits. ::)

Lastly - Changing the pets may be useful as well .... since u have "trees" as pets but How can they be? lol

What do you even mean by this? Yes, we have trees as creatures, but what else do you want? Tiny bunnies and birds following everyone? If you want them to talk and such, we have spent the better part of a few pages discussing them.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 05:02:14 pm by Pokon »

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 07, 2011, 05:31:02 pm »

What do you even mean by this? Yes, we have trees as creatures, but what else do you want? Tiny bunnies and birds following everyone? If you want them to talk and such, we have spent the better part of a few pages discussing them.

We could give bunnies the tags that let them claim ponies as their owners (and remove them from the cats, since a bunnysplosion seems more fitting for the setting). I'm thinking on whether making them war-trainable would be overkill though (would have to remove it from the regular dogs, since they don't seem vicious at all).

Heck, we should do that with parasprites for a realistic parasprite invasion. :P To counter the parasprites the egg-laying birds & bunnies could be modded to be parasprite-hating vermin killing machines (kinda like the "tasted blood" mechanic works with taming creatures currently). With any luck this would eventually lead to that one crazy pony with 50 parasprite pets tantruming over her "pets" being eaten/slaughtered by the birds/bunnies, in which case the problem literally solves itself.  :P
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 07, 2011, 05:31:55 pm »

Thats coming up. If you want to remove something, go to the raws and do it yourself. There is nothing stoping you. We have a good amount of crops already, and there is nothing the matter with growing wheat or berries. Mushrooms, perhapes, but not fruit.  Heres a hint: Change the word "Plump Helmets" to "Broad Saddles". There, ponyfide underground fruits. ::)

It was only a suggestion dude. Since I am doing an LP of this and the Review for it I wanted to know a few things and thought maybe suggestions will be well received? And I havent Watched MLP at all. So I do NOT know what plants, pets etc are actually in MLP. But if suggestions are gonna be negatively received then I wont make one again.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 07, 2011, 05:35:42 pm »

We could give bunnies the tags that let them claim ponies as their owners (and remove them from the cats, since a bunnysplosion seems more fitting for the setting). I'm thinking on whether making them war-trainable would be overkill though (would have to remove it from the regular dogs, since they don't seem vicious at all).

Heck, we should do that with parasprites for a realistic parasprite invasion. :P To counter the parasprites the egg-laying birds & bunnies could be modded to be parasprite-hating vermin killing machines (kinda like the "tasted blood" mechanic works with taming creatures currently). With any luck this would eventually lead to that one crazy pony with 50 parasprite pets tantruming over her "pets" being eaten/slaughtered by the birds/bunnies, in which case the problem literally solves itself.  :P

I actually like this reply it is not as "aggressive" as Pakon's but thank you for taking in my suggestions ^_^. I shall look forward to seeing wat happens ^^
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 140