Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348461 times)

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #930 on: November 04, 2011, 08:31:39 pm »

Hey, Nidokoenig, this might interest you. I've been experimenting with my own creature with a central grasper, which I've given
tags. They will equip either left or right gauntlets, seemingly randomly chosen for each creature. As far as I can tell, the only problem with this is that they will occasionally give some 'illegal equip' spam, nothing unusual for military equipment, and that'll probably go away if I remove [SHAPED] from the gauntlets. 

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: November 04, 2011, 08:46:44 pm »

Hmm, I had wondered if splitting graspers off was entirely necessary, I just did it to be safer. Although, am I right in saying that equipping in general is quite buggy, with even directional graspers happily taking other-directional grasper-wear?

Conjuring+Fertilisation isn't really a big deal, IMO, it just makes wood as plentiful as stone if you choose to pursue it. Plus, if you're in need of challenge, whip vine gateaux baked bads will get you into a lot of trouble very quickly.

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 04, 2011, 10:12:00 pm »

Hmm, I had wondered if splitting graspers off was entirely necessary, I just did it to be safer. Although, am I right in saying that equipping in general is quite buggy, with even directional graspers happily taking other-directional grasper-wear?

Yes, equipping is always a bit of a nuisance; even my best equipped militaries will often have some dwarf or other forgetting to wear his pants into combat. I, personally,  have never seen anyone wearing a gauntlet on the wrong hand. This may have been a bug in previous versions that has since been addressed.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 11:15:45 pm by BigFatStupidHead »

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 04, 2011, 10:56:43 pm »

Hey Nido, I was wondering if it's usual to have mixed pony types on embark - by mixed I mean I'm getting pegasi and earth ponies along with tentacle ponies and slippy ponies. I checked in legends and the civs have been a mix of rainbow pony and cave pony (and one time Zebra).

It just seems strange to be embarking with 'enemy' units alongside normal ponies, if you know what I mean. Is this intentional or have I messed up somewhere?
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 04, 2011, 11:11:28 pm »

Hey Nido, I was wondering if it's usual to have mixed pony types on embark - by mixed I mean I'm getting pegasi and earth ponies along with tentacle ponies and slippy ponies. I checked in legends and the civs have been a mix of rainbow pony and cave pony (and one time Zebra).

It just seems strange to be embarking with 'enemy' units alongside normal ponies, if you know what I mean. Is this intentional or have I messed up somewhere?

Something I've been wondering as well.  I think this is just how one of the pony civs works (rainbow ponies?).  I imagine that there's an explanation for this buried somewhere in the thread but I'm too lazy to go looking for it.

Conjuring+Fertilisation isn't really a big deal, IMO, it just makes wood as plentiful as stone if you choose to pursue it. Plus, if you're in need of challenge, whip vine gateaux baked bads will get you into a lot of trouble very quickly.

I kind of feel dumb for asking, but trouble how?  I hate to admit I don't even know if whip vines are modded in, I mostly deal with the standard 4 dwarven crops.

In unrelated news I got another example of how powerful the ponies can be compared to vanilla enemies.  Princess Luna just pwned a giant cave spider.  :)
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 04, 2011, 11:16:25 pm »

Rainbows are a mix of every pony civ. You seem to be playing as one.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 04, 2011, 11:30:40 pm »

Yeah, rainbow ponies are a combo platter. Most of the civs are set as playable, so you have to either check the legends mode, or check which civ is top of the list of neighbouring civs on embark, that'll be your one. You can change civs on one of the other tabs when you're choosing your embark site.

Whip vines are a surface plant, they grow in savage regions and can be ground into expensive flour. Basically, the same way dwarven syrup roasts make excellent goblin lures, whip vine gateaux dough baked bads will bring every foul force of darkness to your door immediately.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 05, 2011, 07:28:28 am »

Ehm... I just genned a new world and there are beastmen there. Despite the [DOES_NOT_EXIST] tag in c_variations_default.

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 05, 2011, 09:12:56 am »

Yeah, rainbow ponies are a combo platter. Most of the civs are set as playable, so you have to either check the legends mode, or check which civ is top of the list of neighbouring civs on embark, that'll be your one. You can change civs on one of the other tabs when you're choosing your embark site.

So what type of Civ should I be looking for if I want to embark with regular ponies/unicorns/pegasi?

I've genned a few worlds now (both vanilla and after tinkering with my worldgen as I generally do) and I'm getting Zebras, Rainbow Ponies, Lions, Buffalos and Cave Ponies, Honey Badger etcs.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 09:32:11 am by Ledi »
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: November 05, 2011, 09:37:06 am »

So what type of Civ should I be looking for if I want to embark with regular ponies/unicorns/pegasi?

I've genned a few worlds now (both vanilla and after tinkering with my worldgen as I generally do) and I'm getting Zebras, Rainbow Ponies, Lions, Buffalos and Cave Ponies, Honey Badger etcs.
It helps to export the data on map gen and look in the regionX_world_history

You can control+F the civs and see which one comes out as 'Ponies', no other thing attached to it.  I figure, look at the flowery and non-evil names first if you don't want to look at em all.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 05, 2011, 11:50:35 am »

Also, if you look at the civs in Legends mode, every other one is a civ, and you can just quickly go through them looking for the pony civ(s). This isn't viable for large maps or if you gen with high or very high in the amount of civs, though.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 05, 2011, 02:08:20 pm »

Can you guess what happens when your fortress is not ready for anything (no decent armaments yet, no real militia), a bunch of migrants arrive... at the same time with a tyrapony lictor brood?
Yeah. You probably guessed right.
The lictors killed 6 ponies - both before the migrants made it to the fortress, and after they did, and a lictor found its way in. Fortunately, a woorcutter happened to bring a felsteel axe with him and hit the tyrapony in the head.
I now has a chitin.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 05, 2011, 02:20:11 pm »

Aaaand... crap.
It IS affected by the bone stack problem. As in, the entire stack of bones is treated like 1 (one) bone and is spent.

Is there any way around it? Anything?
I mean, the making of armor and crossbows and bolts from bones works fine (1 bone spent), though the decoration doesn't... How?

Spoiler: code (click to show/hide)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 05, 2011, 03:06:20 pm »

Just regular ponies. If you are having issues with them showing up, remove all the raws pertaining to the Rainbows. They tend to take them over in world gen, because the start in the same regions.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

ronnyfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 05, 2011, 06:21:20 pm »

So, i apologize if i missed it, but i couldn't find (after a fair while searching) if anyone had got a graphics pack working for this.

Anyone know otherwise?
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 140