Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348364 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #840 on: November 01, 2011, 07:22:55 pm »

I'm going to continue modding on the lions.

Are they supposed to be unable to mine?

I'm not sure about mining since I have yet to try out the lions, but that would be very odd, especially since the manticore have [SKILL_LEARN_RATE:MINING:130].

I did notice they seem to be lacking [TRANCES] like all the others, but that's easily fixed.

I just tried a lion civ, couldn't buy picks or mining skill.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 01, 2011, 07:23:51 pm »

I'm going to continue modding on the lions.

Are they supposed to be unable to mine?

Their entity was copied over from the buffalo and then edited, that's probably where they get that from. Given their size, it might be a good way to balance them, but I'll add it back in when I rejig their biome permissions, since if they have access to most metals, they run wild over world gen even more than they already do.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 01, 2011, 07:53:20 pm »

[PERMITTED_JOB:MINER] is missing form their entity. Toss it in there if you want them to mine.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 01, 2011, 08:07:07 pm »

On semimegabeasts:

We actualy had a talk about this on another site ( Yes, Nidoking, your mod has threads on other sites! GTP is great like that.), and we came up with sutably powerful creatures. They were, in order of toughness,  Griffons, Gorgans, and Manticores ( Because a giant lion with a scorpian stinger was worth making RAWs for.) I made the RAWs for the Slepnairi and a giant flying ox with magma blood, but the last ones RAWs are missing.

Honestly, anything we could wish to torment our ponies with could be lifted from the greek mythos.
Anyone want a Chimera wiping out your little town?  What about, say, a Hundred Hooved one?
:D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 08:20:05 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 01, 2011, 08:09:26 pm »

We've already got Sleipnairi. Where do you think the slippies in the cave ponies got their name from?
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 01, 2011, 08:15:35 pm »

We've already got Sleipnairi. Where do you think the slippies in the cave ponies got their name from?

Thing is, those are small, web-slinging ponies. I am talking about a octopod horse that is the size of a rhino with speed 0. Big difference.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 08:35:32 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 01, 2011, 08:49:58 pm »

We also have griffons and manticores already. I've been considering making royal and monstrous versions of the current animal ponies to serve as (semi)megabeasts, things like grizzly bear underlords, in addition to the things like terracotta ponies and cake ponies. I may also seek out some episodes of the original series and see if there are any monsters from there that could work.

I've said before that I'm fine with people writing add-ons and billing them as My Little Fortress add-ons. Additional megabeasts are the sort of thing to release independently, in my opinion, since they'll spice up any game, not just My Little Fortress, and it's more convenient for people if they don't have to worry about dependencies, which is why I'm so obsessive about keeping body and creature definitions separate rather than piling them up into two big files.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 01, 2011, 09:25:58 pm »

I've said before that I'm fine with people writing add-ons and billing them as My Little Fortress add-ons. Additional megabeasts are the sort of thing to release independently, in my opinion, since they'll spice up any game, not just My Little Fortress, and it's more convenient for people if they don't have to worry about dependencies, which is why I'm so obsessive about keeping body and creature definitions separate rather than piling them up into two big files.

Another reason I love this mod: its files are increadbly easy to read. I dont care if Deons is the most well loved, because there is not a snowballs chance in the clownhouse that a person new to modding  could understand the maze that is the Mind Flayers RAWs. I have been doing this for a year, and I have issues about the tissues! On the other hand, this mod has everything to new workshops too mulitible castes, and they are all neatly packaged into there own seperate files with nothing realy stopping anyone to do as they please!

On the Royal animal ponies: I , if you are going with that idea, humbely request a Beserking Royal Polar Bear Pony. :D Ponibijorn,away!

Oh, and as for beasties from series 1-3: While I have little to no true experiance with it, I do remember  from my babysitting days that there was a movie that had ponies transform into evil dragons by force by the antagonist. Not your kindly Spike type dragon, more like something along the lines of your typical unintelligent western dragons.
It could make quite the sinister night creature, considering that the prossess was rather the same Ex. Kidnap ponies, make more dragons.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 01, 2011, 09:28:47 pm »

Rescue From Midnight Castle, first series.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 01, 2011, 09:29:52 pm »

the size of a rhino with speed 0

Do you have the faintest idea of how screwed anything fighting that would be?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: November 01, 2011, 09:33:41 pm »

the size of a rhino with speed 0

Infinite attacks, no distance is far enough....or am I wrong?

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 01, 2011, 09:39:54 pm »

Rescue From Midnight Castle, first series
Ah, okay. Was I wrong on any details, may I ask? My memory may be slightly fuzzy, after all.

I do. I tested it in the arena. Its not that bad, realy.  It still bleeds, and its hooves do nothing to iron armor. Now, a Slepnir with a weapon, on the other hand, can kill almost anything its size with no training . However, it always dies when its outnumbered, seemingly due to it passing out due to the pain of injured legs.

Infinite attacks, no distance is far enough....or am I wrong?

It will get you, yes. However, it has a number of attacks it can use, and while it uses them very quickly, it still can be outfought.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 01, 2011, 09:49:38 pm »

Yeah, any megabeasts aren't going to be unstoppable forces, just formidable. After all, this is Dorf Fort, "pull the lever" is the last word in fortress defence, anything that makes that the only sensible option limits the game. So if you want to upload this new megabeast to dffd so people can try it out, that's fine by me. That's probably the best option right now, because I have great difficulty actually playing a game while I'm working on a mod, so I'm closing the bonnet and taking it for a spin. I'll probably do some piecemeal work on the cocktail arc at some point, getting brandies and other spirits set up, maybe get started on liqueurs, and let the main code settle and bug reports come in. Oh, and sort out the trees in the chocolate family, among other planned ents.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 01, 2011, 10:06:44 pm »

It was posted a few pages ago...

Ah, here they are.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It uses the octopony body, so it needs ponymod to work. Have fun with it.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 01, 2011, 10:11:21 pm »

not sure if it was in this thread, or the irc I frequent. but I belive consensus was the curse update might make The smooze possible, if laughably weak until blobs get soemthing between invincible, and one-hitpoint wonder
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 140