Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348325 times)

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #660 on: October 16, 2011, 02:32:44 am »

Okay, thanks for the extra explanation. And thanks for adding all that.

Also, will the rodent/olm/amphibian/cave swallow men be removed? It seemed in the readme and the update posts that you already had removed them.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 16, 2011, 02:40:48 am »

Yes, all the animal mens that don't use the animal_person variation have been removed manually, specifically, I added [DOES_NOT_EXIST] to their entries because the change is smaller, that's what was changed in creature_savage_tropical, creature_standard and creature_subterranean.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 16, 2011, 03:55:30 am »

New goal. Train a female pegasus elite wrestler, name her Fluttershy.
(see s2e3 for explanation)

I just made her my butcher and called it a day. :)

You read The Night That Never Ended, didn't you?  ;D

DarkGenesis

• Bay Watcher
  • Darkness Shall Rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 16, 2011, 04:47:58 am »

One thing that seems very weird to me is that earth ponies seem to be super rare, every time I've embarked I'm lucky to even have one earth pony. I've embarked at least four times without any earth ponies the rest with only one, I've never seen more than one. Normally I wouldn't care as I think unicorns are the best (MAGIC!), but I like to have a few slaves subordinates to do the dirty work of mining and farming. Oddly enough I've had an embark with 2 alicorns, 3 unicorns and 2 pegasus :o

Also is there any ETA on the next version? I keep reading about stuff that's being changed (or going to be changed) and frantically checking the dffd for a new version only to be left sad and empty.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 16, 2011, 06:40:33 am »

Unfortunately, I'm quite busy with work placement and such taking its toll on my free time, so it's difficult to say. I'll set a goal of finishing, testing and stabilising what I have and releasing an update by the 30th. It's just a lot of things have interdependencies, like the new ents need some tightening up of the ent code, since I'm adding bananas and chocolate the umpteen reactions for banana leaf thread, banana leaf flour, and various kinds of chocolate need sorting, animal ponies need proper sizing, buffalo need nerfing, griffons need adding(thanks Crazy Cow), diamond dogs need fixing(they're ready to go). Stuff piles up and I'm completely disorganised at the best of times.

As for Earth ponies being rare, the random number generator just hates you. Try to curry its favour by burning wooden dice as a sacrifice.

SeigeOps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 16, 2011, 08:59:44 am »

Huh, something silly occurring when I embarked on a Joyous Wilds location. In a stream to my right there's a group of Platypus Wo/men and Platypus Ponies swimming around, I had a sudden image of aquatic Mongols. Slightly worried about the safety of my fort, but I have a dedicated axe gorlak pony for such an occasion.

Also, I noticed in some of my previous forts that pegasus/darkbolt soldiers often get their wings mauled during fights. Was wondering if one can make 'wing guards' to protect them better; is it possible to make armor specifically for those limbs?

As a side thought, in light of the recent episode I think ponies fit into Dwarf Fortress juuust fiiine.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 16, 2011, 12:44:20 pm »

New goal. Train a female pegasus elite wrestler, name her Fluttershy.
(see s2e3 for explanation)

I just made her my butcher and called it a day. :)

You read The Night That Never Ended, didn't you?  ;D

Actually, no.  I haven't read much of the fanfiction at all.  Just Cupcakes and Bubbles, because I saw them referenced so much.  I just thought it was nice and twisted to make the one pony who loved animals so much chop them into little bits and prepare neat piles of their bones.

One thing that seems very weird to me is that earth ponies seem to be super rare, every time I've embarked I'm lucky to even have one earth pony. I've embarked at least four times without any earth ponies the rest with only one, I've never seen more than one. Normally I wouldn't care as I think unicorns are the best (MAGIC!), but I like to have a few slaves subordinates to do the dirty work of mining and farming. Oddly enough I've had an embark with 2 alicorns, 3 unicorns and 2 pegasus

Things seem more reasonable for me.  I get a nice mix of the three base types of ponies and very few alicorns.  With over 200 ponies having come and gone in my fort, I've only had 3 alicorns to my knowledge.

Now, for some reason about 80% of my female pegasi are black.  Can't explain that.  I started running out of SR- and X- designated aircraft to name them after. :)

Edit: By the way, is there any easy way to turn off the diomedians sieging while mounted?  It seems every siege I get now I have about 30-40 evil ponies riding camels and jaguars.  Having a hard time picturing that.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 16, 2011, 01:01:11 pm »

Everyone does that. When I lost my first diomedian fort, I had rainbows riding carrion crawlers and giant olms.

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 16, 2011, 01:52:20 pm »

Ummm, I have encountered all of the subterranean animal men I mentioned...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 16, 2011, 01:58:18 pm »

Doublecheck if there are some [DOES_NOT_EXIST] tags over at the animal men creatures. If the tag's there, look for the cave pony entities in the raws and remove them. If that fails, remove the creature from the raws after doing all that.

I think they require a worldgen though.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 16, 2011, 02:09:14 pm »

Edit: By the way, is there any easy way to turn off the diomedians sieging while mounted?  It seems every siege I get now I have about 30-40 evil ponies riding camels and jaguars.  Having a hard time picturing that.
Yeah, we should remove all mount tags. Calvary ponies seem a tad... odd.

Unless we mod chariots, wagons, or some such.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 16, 2011, 03:29:59 pm »

Sometimes, if you have had a bad day, it's good to send your militia armed with axes and swords against some snailmen (or -ponies) or other such creatures.
It's very satisfying. I just saw an axepony really go postal on some innocent snailman. Cut off all his arms and legs and then went for the head.

This really relieves stress.

...oh, and I edited the ethic tags of my rainbows, so now I'll proceed to the butchering. Cupcakes cupcakes cupcaaakes!!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 03:31:57 pm by Valikdu »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 16, 2011, 03:55:41 pm »

Sometimes, if you have had a bad day, it's good to send your militia armed with axes and swords against some snailmen (or -ponies) or other such creatures.
It's very satisfying. I just saw an axepony really go postal on some innocent snailman. Cut off all his arms and legs and then went for the head.

This really relieves stress.

...oh, and I edited the ethic tags of my rainbows, so now I'll proceed to the butchering. Cupcakes cupcakes cupcaaakes!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOVDu7etQlc

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 16, 2011, 04:12:24 pm »

Uhm... I seem to have a giant emaciated iguana twisted into human form in my basement.

It doesn't seem to be in a rush to move into the fortress. Do F-beasts normally wait for some time?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 16, 2011, 04:15:26 pm »

I'm more curious why it's twisted into human shape.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 140