Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348448 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #540 on: October 05, 2011, 08:20:59 pm »

That's an idea.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 05, 2011, 09:05:04 pm »

Nidokoenig, you really need to make a chart explaining everything, i.e. the armor types the other civs etc.

Agreed.  I was able to figure out the armor more or less with the help of Wikipedia, but some of the others things are just trial and error at this point.  The new types of food for example are a mystery to me, and so far instead of taking the time to read through the RAWs I just keep using dwarven food.  I gather that there are trees you can pasture to shear for apples or something, but that's as far as I've investigated that so far.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 05, 2011, 09:18:22 pm »

This is a +plump helmet cupcake.+ It is made with minced plump helmet and is the only food you wll ever need.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 05, 2011, 09:26:08 pm »

Yeah, I remember thinking a while back it'd be nice to have crib sheets for pony caste abilities and the like, an armour guide, some plant guides and some stuff about wood conjuring and painting would be a good idea. I sometimes forget that not everyone's been fiddling around in the guts of this beast, sorry about that.

Plump helmets should definitely be conjurable, if that doesn't work, try getting a herbalist to collect some surface plants, see if we can't narrow it down the problem.

Unfortunately, most of the new surface plants are just for making dyes and painting wood with, though some are brewable. The update after next will include cocktails and advanced brewing, so a lot of currently boring plants will be valuable for making classy booze, and I'll look into expanding their uses more generally.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 05, 2011, 09:41:35 pm »

Reason I'm wondering is because I don't have much wood but I've run out of barrels for holding plump helmets and alcohol.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 05, 2011, 10:06:09 pm »

Post the entry for plump helmets from your raws, since the building and reaction are there, that might be the problem. Are you running any other mods?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 05, 2011, 10:55:08 pm »

Nope. I'll try the manager thing tonight and if that doesn't work I'll post up the plump helmet stuff.

pantherrpg

• Bay Watcher
  • 20% Cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 06, 2011, 12:54:59 am »

In order to get wood conjuring to work for me I had to change the reaction to

[REACTION:PONY_WOOD_CONJURE]
   [NAME:transform plants into wood]
   [BUILDING:PONY_WOOD_PAINT:CUSTOM_C]
   [REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:CONJURED_WOOD]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:CONJURED_WOOD]
   [SKILL:WOODCRAFT]

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 06, 2011, 01:08:05 am »

Once again, I'll try it. Can you change the files for a game in progress?

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 06, 2011, 01:47:22 am »

Yes, you'll need to go into data>save>regionwhatever>raw>objects and find the file reaction_paint_wood.txt. The wood conjuring reaction is at the bottom of that. I'm a bit stumped as to why pantherrpg's changes were necessary, since what I have is this:

[REACTION:PONY_WOOD_CONJURE]
   [NAME:transform plants into wood]
   [BUILDING:PONY_WOOD_PAINT:CUSTOM_C]
   [REAGENT:plant:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:CONJURED_WOOD]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:CONJURED_WOOD]
   [SKILL:WOODCRAFT]

It seems odd that the reagent identifier or the fact that the plant isn't specified to be a plant, just needing the reaction product, would affect it. Are you guys using Windows or something else? This is sorta looking like a difference between how different programs interpret code, ones being more pedantic than the other. Or a tabs versus spaces issue, iunno.

Anyway, the sun's come up so it's time for me to say good night. Good night!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 06, 2011, 04:26:11 am »

Okay, tried pantherrpg's changes and it's now completely working.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 06, 2011, 01:47:13 pm »

This mod is pretty epic, though it scares me a little when there are more description text files then total creature text files. :o
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 06, 2011, 02:16:37 pm »

I'll start specifying the type of item needed in those reactions, rather than just relying on the tags. I dunno why it works on some systems and not others. I'm on Windows, how about you guys?

The descriptors are all the pretty stripe patterns for all the ponies' hair. There's some sharing, but basically each pony species needs a few patterns unique to them for flavour otherwise it's just not fabulous. Don't worry, once I've finished adding in the ents and a few beasties, there'll be more creature files than descriptors.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 06, 2011, 02:30:08 pm »

Well as long as it is in the name of being FABULOUS then I guess I can put up with it. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 06, 2011, 03:31:51 pm »

I'm on Windows too.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 140