Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348509 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #330 on: July 25, 2011, 05:06:39 am »

Is there a significance to 'right' vs 'left' mouthed ponies? I tried searching by the tag but didn't see anything in the thread. Is it unimportant and the distribution just isn't modulated or what?
It's so that a pair of gloves can both be used. Ponies are just stubborn like that, damn hinneys.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 25, 2011, 07:16:11 am »

When a clothier or leatherworker makes grasper-wear, even the hankies and bandanas ponies use, he makes them in left and right pairs, even though if you make a body part a non-directional grasper, it'll have non-directional grasper-wear when it appears on embark or immigration. Left and right are shared out equally amongst each species.

Tendons are probably made of cartilage, so you'd have to add a healing rate to that, but it's not supposed to, like nerve tissue. I noticed the Darkbolt/Shadowbolt thing the other day, I've corrected it. You can remove the flier tags if it's making the enemies unfun for you, or just make "reception area" in your fort to force fliers onto the ground.

Sorceror, yes, that behaviour's been cut out of vanilla, but it can be modded back in. Great work on the caste duping tool, can't wait to see it.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 26, 2011, 05:11:55 am »

Is there a significance to 'right' vs 'left' mouthed ponies? I tried searching by the tag but didn't see anything in the thread. Is it unimportant and the distribution just isn't modulated or what?
It's so that a pair of gloves can both be used. Ponies are just stubborn like that, damn hinneys.

Lemme explain. There are 12 references (not counting the declaration) for one of these tags, and then there are 4 with the other tag. It's not r&l on every pony. That's why I asked. In case something I couldn't see was the second grasp point and those few ponies just didn't wanna cooperate.

Here's what I mean from 1.6's archive:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:14:32 am by Eldrick Tobin »
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 26, 2011, 12:03:11 pm »

Horns are always right, that makes four references in creature_pony, unicorns and royals of both genders, and the same four duped in creature_pony_rainbow, add those to the pegasi' four right mouths and you have your twelve. There's similar jiggery pokery with the other variants, but they have their own body parts because I used to be trying to keep this thing modular.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 26, 2011, 12:05:23 pm »

Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 26, 2011, 12:11:04 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 26, 2011, 12:53:32 pm »

Horns are always right, that makes four references in creature_pony, unicorns and royals of both genders, and the same four duped in creature_pony_rainbow, add those to the pegasi' four right mouths and you have your twelve. There's similar jiggery pokery with the other variants, but they have their own body parts because I used to be trying to keep this thing modular.

Ah okay. I was worried. Spotted it while comparing output in helping with Sorceror's pony cloner, and figured I just had to be seeing things. Sleep deprivation makes you forget other people are going over things with fine toothed combs also. Thanks for the quick responses ^-^
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

Iban

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 27, 2011, 07:14:11 pm »

Friends of Celestia: Queen of Equestria
Chapter II: Pony Fortress

Zeranamu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 28, 2011, 11:18:47 am »

I've been watching MLP:FIM and I have to say that is a pretty good show, and I've become addicted, a brony if you will. So naturally I must have this mod.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 29, 2011, 09:45:29 pm »

Been thinking about cocktails over the last couple of days. Looking into it, the first thing that needs to happen is for most current forms of booze to have a distilled product(wines->brandy, beers->whiskey/vodka) and for sparkling wines to be added, which is apparently as simple as adding sugar and sealing the wine in glass or metal barrels. It's easy enough to add sherries and ports at that point, so I will. Liqueurs will be made by taking the flavour material and adding them to a spirit, like adding rock nut oil to a spirit to make rock nut liqueur. While I'm busy complicating things, I'll add reactions for rosé wine(press the fruit then ferment it to stand in for the skin contact process), straw wine(grapes allowed to dry slightly before fermenting, we'll use a kiln), and vermouth(fortified wine with spices). I might also make all vanilla white wines into amber wines, meaning you'll have to use the rosé process to get "proper" whites, like in real life. One of the underground woods will be made into a source of tonic water, and I'll probably add kumis(fermented drink made from milk) and a spirit derivative, too. I'll probably make what I can of this mod free-standing, too, so I can release it separately for people who want boozemaking to resemble rocket science. I'll definitely go back and finish up the currently planned tweaks and upload a new version before I get properly started on this.

Once all that's in place, the mixing up of drinks begins. In fact, ports and sherries are already essentially cocktails, since they're spirits added to wines. Most drinks will get fairly generic names, with just markers for their primary constituent, for example, dwarven wine + any brandy = dwarven sherry, but specific mixes will get a special name, like dwarven wine + dwarven brandy (from dwarven wine)= true dwarven sherry, and midnight berries + sunshine brandy = midnight sun port.

True cocktails will be more elaborate, for example, milk + rock nut liqueur + cave wheat spirit = White Dwarven. Replace the milk with cream liqueur or (fortified) kumis and you get a Blind Dwarven. Fruit juices will be added by just grabbing the fruit when the cocktail's made rather than juicing it beforehand. How much of a drink is made will be determined by alcohol input, i.e. units will be based on the "nutritional" content of the alcohol, and adding non-alcoholic things will instead be a value increaser.

Here's what we have to work with in terms of alcohols:

White wine, require brandy, sparkling, port, sherry and vermouth derivatives:

"Red" wine, require brandy, sparkling, port, sherry and vermouth derivatives:

Dark beers, require whiskey/vodka derivatives:

Pale beers, whiskey/vodka derivs as before:

Rum, already a spirit, might add sugar wine intermediary:

And the various spices we have available from vanilla and the dye plants:

Colours will be based on what they should all look like together. It'll be much, much easier to add dyes to override natural colouring at an end point.

Here are the basic combinations I see attested while looking through the Cocktails Wiki and Wiki's list:

So if you want to suggest names for broad groups or specific mixtures, go ahead, and feel free to add spices, sugar, syrup and what not. Here's a few I've thrown together:

Some new ents will be required. In addition to the citrus and banana ents I was already planning, I'll be adding some new subterranean ents, as well as palm and chocolate ones.

While researching various liqueurs, I found this recipe on the creme de banane page:

Fluttershy:

Highball glass filled with ice
    2 oz Crème de banane
    2 oz Crème de cacao
    Fill with tonic

One last interesting fact:

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 09, 2011, 11:41:20 am »

Teetotal?  You sell rope reed cloth and wood crafts too?

I'm just messen witch ya!

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

tagg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 12, 2011, 11:08:59 pm »

I miiiiiiight have started watching my little pony almost soley because of this mod. Not that I'm saying that I watch my little pony. Because I totally don't. Not at all.I do.

aadeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 15, 2011, 04:26:40 pm »

Just started watching the show a few days ago, it is so awesome.

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but there should be a pony language text file full of words like 'Sparkle' and 'Rainbow' so they can have appropriate names.
"talk is cheap, but letters you have to hit them on the buttons" -Capntastic

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 15, 2011, 09:32:58 pm »

that is an idea..  although you can kind of approximate raindash, redwhite, and rarejewls, didn;t try the others yet, IIRC.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 16, 2011, 01:00:37 am »

With a language file, you've got the option of giving the existing words more flowery English glosses, or a thought that occurred to me, making a list of phonemes a pony could produce or just sound sufficiently sparkly, then have a random word generator produce a whole bunch of pony words. Another thing we should probably do at some point is make a language file with more words, since the existing language files are running out of vocab during world gen.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 140