Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348700 times)

adecoy95

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2011, 11:03:18 pm »

I'm having trouble downloading it. Archive Manager can't open it. I tried downloading p7zip, but I still can't make it work. Can you upload it with a different compression?

try using winrar

DanielLC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2011, 11:29:27 pm »

I still can't get it to work.

I'm using ubuntu, but I don't know how to do most of the command line stuff.

Taisuru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 22, 2011, 02:48:14 am »

I also can't seem to get this to work.

Using Windows 7, I dragged the extracted files and folders into my /Raw/Objects/ folder, overwriting the item_food.txt, but don't see any pony civilizations in the legends mode upon generating a new world, or any ponies listed in the historical figures.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 22, 2011, 03:04:27 am »

Using Windows 7, I dragged the extracted files and folders into my /Raw/Objects/ folder, overwriting the item_food.txt, but don't see any pony civilizations in the legends mode upon generating a new world, or any ponies listed in the historical figures.

I recommend that you delete your raws, then paste the pony raws in. I'm using Win7 and for some reason, overwriting a folder just adds the files in and replaces same name files. It doesn't delete the original contents, and add the new ones.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Taisuru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 22, 2011, 03:50:40 am »

I recommend that you delete your raws, then paste the pony raws in. I'm using Win7 and for some reason, overwriting a folder just adds the files in and replaces same name files. It doesn't delete the original contents, and add the new ones.

Finally got it to work, didn't realise I was supposed to drag the files out of the pony folders (Why are they in folders in the first place then?)

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 22, 2011, 07:03:31 pm »

They're in folders so that you can decide which bits you do and don't want, like if you decide you just want ponies and don't want zebras, parasprites and my crazy cave and diomedian ponies. With the new update I'm switching to a total conversion with a readme on what depends on what for those that want to tweak it, since a fair few people have complained.

DanielLC, I'm a few days away from uploading the new version. I've only got 7zip on this machine, and it can do zip, tar and 7z files. I'll try uploading the next version as a zip file.

New Guy, I'll try that. I thought that my remove tag lines would cut all that out.

Taisuru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 23, 2011, 03:15:43 am »

Might I suggest instead making the My Little Pony folder part of the main stuff (Since I doubt anyone is going to download this mod who DOESN'T want that part), and then putting the other folders in a folder called "Optional Patches" or something?

Saves you some time and gets the point across, as well as making the primary part of the patch done without trouble.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 23, 2011, 08:14:26 am »

Not really possible now with wood painting and apple ents, they add a lot of reactions that people would have to delete to play just ponies. You'll be able to pull civs out by taking their entity file out, and the non-civ creatures by removing their files, but pretty much everything else needs or is needed by something else. I'll be explaining what's what in the readme, along with how to make plants from other mods compatible with painting and conjuring wood.

The remove material and tissue tags didn't work, I'm giving up and defining cave swallow and capy ponies manually. Diamond dogs aren't spawning(the entity, the creatures are fine in the arena), but I don't care, I can work out how to fix them after the update. Apple ent corpse processing is working fine and producing different words from different caste corpses, biomes have been varied. Processing ent corpses takes a long while(a couple of weeks with a peasant), so the rewards are pretty generous in terms of how much wood they give, and since golden apple ents are so much more valuable, I've set pet values at the caste level and messed around with pop ratios to keep them rare. Buffalo currently run riot through world gen, slaughtering thousands, so don't be too shocked if you start out at war with them. It's in-keeping with the show, so I'm keeping it that way unless I get a lot of complaints.

Barring any major problems with the couple of things left to do and writing a readme, this should be done tomorrow.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 24, 2011, 08:26:09 pm »

Boom, baby! Update is here. Graspers are directional to fix the issue with hankies and bandanas, painted and conjured wood is in, apple ents, buffalo civ, animal ponies, and three megabeasts. Also, it's a zip file now, just say the word if you have any issues downloading or extracting.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 08:27:41 pm by Nidokoenig »

DeMasked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 25, 2011, 06:04:27 pm »

Should I see human civs popping up? I don't see any human, gobbo, or dorf civs in any of my histories =/

EDIT: Double-checked the readme, didn't realise you'd removed them from the game. Changing that now  :P
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 06:17:45 pm by DeMasked »
DF's initial learning curve is more like a learning cliff, essentially the game shoves you off and expects you learn how to fly before you hit the ground.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 26, 2011, 10:42:33 am »

Well, world gen gets crowded with so many civs, I'd often have a fair bit of trouble getting it to place all the humanoids and equinoids, so I made the one that needs less babysitting the standard.

I'm somewhat annoyed at the fact that spreading the dye plants out by biome means you can't grow them all in one place. I suppose it makes sense, but it's something to watch out for.

Ah, crud, the ents are being shorn for wood. I'll have to fix that. Edit: Done, new file uploaded.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 01:12:35 pm by Nidokoenig »

Artheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 27, 2011, 07:52:39 am »

Thank you for making this; hilarious and awesome in every way.  Never played this much DF before.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 27, 2011, 03:41:54 pm »

My favortie thing to do with this mod is to embarn near a volcano, flood the place with magma (On a 2x2 embark map, for faster Fun), and watch them run around on fire.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 27, 2011, 07:32:17 pm »

Have one problem with the pony civ's.  They never seem to expand, ever. At all.  Humans and elves build up to enormous empires, but not ponies. They never build forts as well.   This leaves a nasty habit of them getting wiped out.  I also seem to get a very lopsided male-female ratio (7 fillies to 1 colt).  Show accurate but may case the expatiation problem.  Anyone (or anypony :P) having this problem as well?  I added it to the lazy newb pack, could that be an issue?

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 27, 2011, 08:57:50 pm »

thetyler101, I deduce that you're looking at the genders in Dwarf Therapist, or something similar. This happens because, essentially, Therapist checks whether the caste has the assigned number for male, and then assumes that everything else is female, so the [MALE] caste, male earth ponies, is male in Therapist and such, but [MALE_PEGASUS] [MALE_UNICORN] and [MALE_ROYAL] are all displayed as female by utilities, but Dwarf Fortress itself recognises them being the correct gender because they have the [MALE] tag. I'll have to check buffalo, since none of their castes are named [MALE] or [FEMALE], they're all _SOMETHING.

As for civs not spreading out so much, I don't know what would cause that. I'll do some testing at some point and see what's what, if anyone has more information, please share. Are you using the current version? I changed the biomes and site permissions quite a bit, giving them a preference for cities so they can take advantage of farming.

Thanks, Artheon, great to hear people are enjoying it.

hitty40, you do know you can just spawn a whole bunch of ponies and a whole bunch of magma in arena, right? Much less effort, and you can set an ursa major pony on the survivors. Personally, I find it much more fun to embark on a savage tropical biome and try to fend of honey badger pegasi.

Found another small omission: red and golden apple slices are named correctly, but green apple slices are just "apple slices". I'll put it on the to do list for the next update rather do another update so soon, since it's not a critical issue like ent shearing was. Oh, and I managed to miss blind cave bear ponies, I'll have to include them. And carrots and celery. If I add more farming stuff, I'll probably end up making a special workshop for them. Both carrots and celery will need a reaction for turning the plants into stacks of leaves and roots, since carrot leaves/celery stalks and carrots/celeriac are both edible. Humans are a bit picky about carrot leaves, but I'm sure they taste nice lovely with some dog milk cheese and cat tallow.
 How are people finding the ents? I'm thinking of expanding them, adding things like pear, orange and lemon ents, some rather more short-lived banana, plantain and ensete creatures, and some subterranean ents.
 I'm probably going to rejig the dye system quite a bit, since it's silly to have things like a common plant producing purple dye, rather than making people mix blue and red together with a reaction. I won't take any of the new plants out, I'll just make them rarer and assign more valuable colours to them, or use them for making darker or lighter dyes.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 140