Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348886 times)

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1515 on: December 28, 2011, 10:29:24 am »

16 new reactions, one for each colour, and 1328 new materials for all the varieties of painted stone, plus adding reaction product tags to all existing stone. If anypony wants to look at how the woodpainting works and adapt it, I'll include it, but it's some pretty tiresome busywork when I've got more interesting things to get working. The main problem with the current paint system is getting hold of dye plants, and there needs to be some underground. I'll probably move a few existing ones underground, like clownsbane. I'd probably also want to include magma-safe paints if I was going to include painting stone, and that's beyond DF's tech level and sensible boundaries of magic.

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: December 28, 2011, 11:18:39 am »

Remember if ppl would like a pony they should comment on here now before the end of this week. Or on one of the DF vids.
Afterwards we shall be onto a new mod pretty soon as I am only doing the review LPs for 2 years at a time.

I'll take a pony.
Name: Zarhon
Role: Axepony, or anything else in the military.
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1517 on: December 28, 2011, 11:20:53 am »

Ok Zarhon ur name is now on the list expect to have a pony in a week or 2 ^_^
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: December 28, 2011, 11:45:54 am »

Drew a random Shadowbolt from arena. It says they're vampiric, but are their diets really different? Also, when I buy caged trees how do I get them out? Do they graze? I guess I may have not had a pony with animal caretaking atm and that's why that tree sat in a cage.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: December 28, 2011, 12:10:02 pm »

Trees don't graze, no. You can remove animals from cages by assigning them to a pasture, they'll have a cage symbol next to their name in the pasture menu. This will be done by any pony, pen/pasture large animal isn't toggleable.

Shadowbolts have a bite attack that sucks blood, but that's about it. When the new DF update hits I'll have to see about adding more, like if it's possible to have creatures suck blood from livestock. Awesome picture, that really looks great. I checked out your deviantart, those chibi ponies are adorable.

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: December 28, 2011, 12:17:43 pm »

Trees don't graze, no. You can remove animals from cages by assigning them to a pasture, they'll have a cage symbol next to their name in the pasture menu. This will be done by any pony, pen/pasture large animal isn't toggleable.

Shadowbolts have a bite attack that sucks blood, but that's about it. When the new DF update hits I'll have to see about adding more, like if it's possible to have creatures suck blood from livestock. Awesome picture, that really looks great. I checked out your deviantart, those chibi ponies are adorable.
Ah, thanks. I had been playing an older version of this mod and just upgraded. I'm digging the fruit trees. Also it seems like ponies can't carry multiple objects in their mouths anymore, which was kind of funny to see a pony with a crutch, shield, and crossbow in it's mouth. "Gentlecolts..."
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: December 28, 2011, 12:36:13 pm »

I think multiple objects in one grasper is a base DF bug, and it's unpredictable. I've certainly got a slippy pony farmer who got a nerve damage in a leg thanks to an alligator and uses a crutch while hauling seeds, and Ultimara's soldiers seem happy to grab a shield, an axe and a crossbow. The "Gentlecolts" thing gives me a mental image of a honey badger berserker with six blowpipes.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: December 28, 2011, 02:21:14 pm »

Don't suppose anybody has gotten the modified therapist (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.msg2722011#msg2722011) to display caste info properly? All it does for me is separate earth ponies from everyone else (atleast it does both genders).

Any tricks for sorting out the pony castes?

Also, would buttermilk as an additional product of churning butter be a possible addition?
Buttermilk as a cookable liquid and possibly a replacement for booze in some doughs. Could be a "moist" set of doughs.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1523 on: December 28, 2011, 02:23:01 pm »

I think multiple objects in one grasper is a base DF bug, and it's unpredictable. I've certainly got a slippy pony farmer who got a nerve damage in a leg thanks to an alligator and uses a crutch while hauling seeds, and Ultimara's soldiers seem happy to grab a shield, an axe and a crossbow. The "Gentlecolts" thing gives me a mental image of a honey badger berserker with six blowpipes.

I think that the holding multiple things in one hand bug is funny to imagine
Especially when there is like 4 items in 1 mouth :P
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: December 28, 2011, 03:37:36 pm »

Also, would buttermilk as an additional product of churning butter be a possible addition?
Buttermilk as a cookable liquid and possibly a replacement for booze in some doughs. Could be a "moist" set of doughs.

It'd make sense, particularly as it gives us more products from milkable creatures, which is important now that they're being given [CAN_SPEAK] and aren't usable for leather, meat and bone. I might fiddle around and split milk into curds and whey before they're made into cheese, too. The booze in doughs is a combined moisture and raising agent, so buttermilk or whey wouldn't qualify unless they're brewed, or I add a reaction to make whey wine or something.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: December 28, 2011, 03:54:28 pm »

Modern buttermilk is made by fermenting normal milk so it takes on the same taste and consistency as churned buttermilk.

I say do both. Churning milk makes butter and buttermilk in portions equal to the milk put in, or brew milk into buttermilk in the 5x output ratio of other booze. Might need a custom reaction to brew buttermilk, but that just gives more control over the process.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: December 28, 2011, 05:07:27 pm »

Nah, I'd do kumis as regular fermented milk and just have traditional buttermilk. Given that I'd want to include whey wine I'd probably do it when I get round to the cocktail arc, which is the 500 pound gorilla of a job waiting for me to wrestle with it.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: December 29, 2011, 01:58:17 am »

To be fair, a Gorilla blood-and-buffalo fat cocktail sounds like prime Dromidian fare.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: December 29, 2011, 06:38:13 pm »

If anyone is interested I adapted a display case to be 20% cooler for this mod.
Original display case

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just remember to use artifacts or encrusted jewelry.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: December 29, 2011, 09:57:45 pm »

Elements of dwarfness?

Vomiting!
Insanity!
Slavery!
Magma!
!!Science!!

And

Blood!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:59:55 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 140