Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348945 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1365 on: December 02, 2011, 10:22:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Snipped and Fixed

Also, probably best to keep non-DFpony pics out of the mod section, lest it go down the dark road.  And yea, there can be no pony thread in GD either.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: December 03, 2011, 01:25:07 am »

Err, question on the current version of the mod.

For some reason I can't make metal peytrals.  I have options for flexible peytrals (adamantine, cloth, silk, etc), but not hard metal ones.  I'm still a bit of a noob to DF, but is there an explanation for this outside of my raws being screwy?  I took a look at the item_armor_pony.txt file and it looks correct.

And forgive me if this has been asked before, but what exactly do I do with carrot leaves?  Do they work like quarry bush leaves (cook them)?

Edit: I also notice that I don't have access to rope reeds.  I'm going to assume that this is a DF thing and not related to the mod though, right?  I don't think I'm in a biome that doesn't support rope reeds, but there's no option to request them from the liaison, and no option to plant them (even though I don't have seeds anyway).  I'm using pig tails instead, but I wanted an all above ground pony fort.  :(
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:09:57 am by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: December 03, 2011, 02:14:30 am »

Your civ doesn't have them.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: December 03, 2011, 02:15:42 am »

Rope reeds or the hard metal peytrals?  I figured it was something like that for the rope reeds, but not being able to make a pretty important piece of armor kind of sucks.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: December 03, 2011, 02:18:22 am »

Yup.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: December 03, 2011, 02:20:55 am »

Well crap.  Guess it's time to layer on the mail shirts.

Incidentally, is there any way to change this with an external utility?  I wish I'd have known that it was possible to not be able to make pieces of armor like that earlier.  I wouldn't have waited until 3 years into the fort to check.  :(

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: December 03, 2011, 02:22:23 am »

Not sure. It has to do with the specific entity, so probably not.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: December 03, 2011, 10:12:18 am »

My cave ponies don't have hard peytrals either, it's annoying. I equip my military with bone ones, which is a valid material for soft ones, apparently. They're set to common, the same as breastplates are on the vanilla races, but it's a bit silly for them to just not have anything like that, so I'll probably change that. As for rope reeds, it might be because there's so much stuff now, they get culled when the available plant list gets too long, or just because rope reeds require a [WET] biome and your civ just doesn't have access to a river or lake, or even a stagnant pond, anywhere at all. I might try moving some of the dye plants underground, see if that helps, and increase preferences for settling on lakes and rivers.

Ursas could be able to find a "star cap mushroom". Just because I just want a excuse to post a 2001 video every time its mentioned (My gods, its full of stars! "Bites down on mushroom" I can see forever!"Also, the excuse to create some sort of super-valuble 'moon wine' and enjoy all the new migrants because of my newfound wealth. It could also expand the plant_pony_megabeast folder a bit. :P Not sure how it would do in world gen, however, considering that ursa minors are uncommon already.

Some sort of ursa truffle would definitely make sense. I wonder if I should make eclipse black ursae separate castes so they can be made bigger, and be given special truffles. Come to think of it, the various bear ponies should probably have them, unless they all lay the standard bear ones as a result of inheriting the tags. That'd be interesting for a player fort, everybody takes five occasionally to lay a truffle. Especially right in the middle of being besieged by all the civilised civs because the bear civs are babysnatchers.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:17:25 am by Nidokoenig »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 03, 2011, 10:43:16 am »

The hard peytral-soft peytral thing is probably the same thing that happens in vanilla to high boots and low boots: because there are two pieces of armor that could ostensibly cover the same area with similar functions, the game tries to make your civ more "flavorful" by removing one. If there were only one type of peytral in the mod, this would not be a problem.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: December 03, 2011, 01:40:27 pm »

Some sort of ursa truffle would definitely make sense. I wonder if I should make eclipse black ursae separate castes so they can be made bigger, and be given special truffles. Come to think of it, the various bear ponies should probably have them, unless they all lay the standard bear ones as a result of inheriting the tags. That'd be interesting for a player fort, everybody takes five occasionally to lay a truffle. Especially right in the middle of being besieged by all the civilised civs because the bear civs are babysnatchers.

I was wondering if it would work well in world gen, because it would make them all lay stuff that does not make more Ursas. Minors are uncommon already, so I am wondering if making them lay a item would make them give birth to all Ursas in world gen (Bearageddon!), or make them almost never get around to creating a child.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: December 03, 2011, 01:56:57 pm »

Unusual eggs have nothing to do with reproduction, as far as I know. They'll still drop sprogs in the standard mammalian fashion.

The hard peytral-soft peytral thing is probably the same thing that happens in vanilla to high boots and low boots: because there are two pieces of armor that could ostensibly cover the same area with similar functions, the game tries to make your civ more "flavorful" by removing one. If there were only one type of peytral in the mod, this would not be a problem.

Ah, I'll try that. Thanks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: December 03, 2011, 02:02:21 pm »

Or you could change them both to "FORCED".

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: December 03, 2011, 02:09:18 pm »

Unusual eggs have nothing to do with reproduction, as far as I know. They'll still drop sprogs in the standard mammalian fashion.

Hmm, good. Now that, on to killing off Buffalo invaders with my horned-only zebra milita! :P
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: December 03, 2011, 02:57:01 pm »

Alright, so now that we've established what caused the hard peytrals to not be available, is there anything that can be done about this with an already generated world?  I'm going to bet that the answer is no, because it's a civilization based thing.

Could you add a new reaction that would produce a steel peytral for example, to an already existing game save?  No idea if new reactions can be added mid save like that, but I'm guessing no.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: December 03, 2011, 04:43:44 pm »

AFAIK, you can't add reactions, but you can alter them, so you could take some reaction you'd not have need of and alter it to produce steel peytrals.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 140