Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348996 times)

ShayuaHaise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1275 on: November 26, 2011, 05:37:17 pm »

Huzzah! Hippo!

Also, Dwarf Therapist reads it as a caste system. Example, first caste is male, second is female. However, we have like, eight castes, four different types of ponies and two genders each. Therefore male earth ponies are the only ones that show up as male in Therapist, the rest are counted as female because they are not caste one.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: November 26, 2011, 05:58:44 pm »

Huzzah! Hippo!

Also, Dwarf Therapist reads it as a caste system. Example, first caste is male, second is female. However, we have like, eight castes, four different types of ponies and two genders each. Therefore male earth ponies are the only ones that show up as male in Therapist, the rest are counted as female because they are not caste one.

Huh. The more you know...
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: November 26, 2011, 06:03:30 pm »

Last, but certainly not least we have the great Prince Nidokoenig who has led this expedition. He rules with an iron-hoof and will assure that his expedition succeeds no matter what and isn't afraid to whip those lazy ponies into shape. [Proficient Lasher, Competant Fighter, Adequate Dodger.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nidokoenig pony-genned (click to show/hide)

Hair loopies? :o Could have been worse, the description made me think of pig-tails. Also, amethyst lemon marmalade? Jeez, I've got expensive taste. I'm slightly freaked that naming the pony after me was decided beforehand and it just so happened to turn out pink and purple. And that the mental skills thing was both frighteningly accurate and almost all red.

Watching the new episode, does anyone now if the purple fish with the white and dark purple bands at around eleven and a half minutes in is an actual fish? Or should I just make up a name for it and include it?

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: November 26, 2011, 06:13:02 pm »

No idea. Looks to me that its just a fish. Might best include it.
On the topic of fish, while helping my cousin orginise her room to put her new Canterlot Playset in (thats right, I have a excuse to buy the toys  ;D), the idea of "rainbow fish" struck my mind. It could be a fish with some darn expencive scales, perhape with a insane pet worth. Just a thought, perhapes call them "tank fish" and make them armor-plated.

Anyway, yah. That fish looks like a cool addition.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

DarkGenesis

• Bay Watcher
  • Darkness Shall Rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: November 26, 2011, 06:15:43 pm »

Last, but certainly not least we have the great Prince Nidokoenig who has led this expedition. He rules with an iron-hoof and will assure that his expedition succeeds no matter what and isn't afraid to whip those lazy ponies into shape. [Proficient Lasher, Competant Fighter, Adequate Dodger.

Spoiler: Nidokoenig pony-genned (click to show/hide)

Hair loopies? :o Could have been worse, the description made me think of pig-tails. Also, amethyst lemon marmalade? Jeez, I've got expensive taste. I'm slightly freaked that naming the pony after me was decided beforehand and it just so happened to turn out pink and purple. And that the mental skills thing was both frighteningly accurate and almost all red.

Watching the new episode, does anyone now if the purple fish with the white and dark purple bands at around eleven and a half minutes in is an actual fish? Or should I just make up a name for it and include it?

Clearly your way with words makes other oblivious to your other shortcomings, you just creatively hide it.  :P

The fish looked like a purple colored clown-fish to me.

EDIT:

Run wildlife run! Shayua comes for your juicy flesh! Not even elephants are safe anymore

Also got my final migrant wave of 4, leaving a grand total of 18 ponies. I'm VERY pleased with this, as now the numbers will only increase through offspring.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 07:11:42 pm by DarkGenesis »

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: November 26, 2011, 06:21:59 pm »

Hmm, quick to tire, flimsy, very slow to heal, and quite susceptible to disease...

If those aren't signs I don't know what would be.

Anyway, cool pony, thank you.
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: November 26, 2011, 06:35:51 pm »

Hmm, quick to tire, flimsy, very slow to heal, and quite susceptible to disease...

If those aren't signs I don't know what would be.

Anyway, cool pony, thank you.

Hello, new guardspony. 8)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: November 26, 2011, 09:16:31 pm »

Hmmmm.

Is there anyway to make a grasper item (gloves, for example) only be used on a specific type of grasper? Trying to get gloves and a bandana for my utahraptors.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

ShayuaHaise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: November 26, 2011, 10:05:44 pm »

Run wildlife run! Shayua comes for your juicy flesh! Not even elephants are safe anymore

Can't help but notice my persona has also killed like five parasprites. I am okay with this, I didn't find the little buggers all that cute.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: November 26, 2011, 11:18:02 pm »

Is there anyway to make a grasper item (gloves, for example) only be used on a specific type of grasper? Trying to get gloves and a bandana for my utahraptors.

Do you mean, like, say, hands/magic? No idea. I think there might be something in the Unicorn raws, tho, because they where bandanas on there horns. Do you mean making certiant body parts wear differing things, like hats vs. boots? Its a tag in the body plan.

Also, whats the final list of castes you plan on making for the Saurins?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 11:20:50 pm by Pokon »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: November 26, 2011, 11:25:55 pm »

Updated list for the dinosaurs.

Lowlands Horn Face - This lightweight hails all the way from China. He's the only ceratopsian from that region. He's a tiny relative of Triceratops, but where triceratops weighs in excess of 12 tons, this lightweight weighs only 50 kilos. He's the skill monkey, and has bonuses to most non combat skills.

Utah's Predator - The hunter of the lot. Has bonuses to combat and hunting skills. This ferocious predator is like the big brother of those raptors in Jurassic Park, and he's bigger, smarter, stronger, more evil, and is covered in feathers. Good luck if you're at war with this civ - this guy is ready for ambush.

Moderate Spined Lizard - This big lug is about twice the size of the Utah's Predator. He's a big lug of a beast. Big warrior. He's getting buffs to most combat skills, except dodging - he's too big to dodge an attack effectively. But boy can this boy bite.

Different Lizard - This guy is like a smaller version of Tyrannosaurus rex. He's your royal. He's magic through sheer magicness (frankly couldn't be bothered trying to make a reason why). He weighs three tons. Almost as large as a sacred buffalo.

That's the civ.

Additional creatures I'm going to make.

Tyrannosaurus rex. 9 ton megabeast.

Triceratops. 15 ton megabeast. Try beating four graspers.

Giganotosaurus. 10 ton megabeasts. With any luck, I'll be able to include one of its typical behaviours - pack hunting.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: November 26, 2011, 11:51:51 pm »

Ohh, nice. The horn face is interesting. Its new that the unicorn eqivulent is the smallest of the lot. It will be interesting to see the combat logs bettween these guys and the other members of the civ.Are they getting higher-that average egg-cluches? Also, the DL will be using the Sphinx brain for magicy stuff, right?

Also, it might be best to simply give Giganotosaurus high egg cluches. I beleve megabeasts only come to the fort one at a time, regardless of pack number. :-\

Triceratops are going to be nightmares to fight. One suggestion: They may have been very effective in the time they where alive, but they would kill everything in world gen. No base combat skills would be a great way of showing there bulk.

Also, how many kilos where the average pony again? I dont know the size-to-weight ratio your using.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: November 26, 2011, 11:53:21 pm »

as if I didn't already make mysefl busy enough with dreamponies and the possible expansion for a seperate flutter race. (will probably need material interactions to make it viable.) the idea came to me for a Rabbit civ in the same vein. you have your basic bunny, your magically-attuned jackalope, the winged skvader, and, the notorious wolpertinger.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: November 26, 2011, 11:57:25 pm »

Body size is the measure of mass, in grams iirc.

Also, triceratops might not even be a real species. It could have been an immature specimen of the torosaurus - as unlike most other ceratopsians, it has a solid frill.

Average pony size is 225 kg.

To point out the actual names for the creatures...

Turanoceratops
Utahraptor
Metriacanthosaurus
Allosaurus

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: November 27, 2011, 12:05:26 am »

as if I didn't already make mysefl busy enough with dreamponies and the possible expansion for a seperate flutter race. (will probably need material interactions to make it viable.) the idea came to me for a Rabbit civ in the same vein. you have your basic bunny, your magically-attuned jackalope, the winged skvader, and, the notorious wolpertinger.

Ooh, thats what your working on. Oh, and flutterpoines would defenatly would be able to make some sort of "fits all" antimagic stuff that could be made into anything from clothing to conjored food. Something like "Flutter Pony Dust" would be viable. Something like this:

Build workshop. Take a common substance (say, seeds.). Create dust with it. Make another shop (Dust shaper?). Refine it into stuff like "fluffy dust" or "tasty dust". Use it to create actual food/clothing/superpowerful handheld weapon/ect in the right workshop. All without killing a living thing.

Oh, and a actual dust attack that stuns foes would be approprite.

On rabbits: We are lacking a talking animals mod, redwall style. This could be a interesting start.

Body size is the measure of mass, in grams iirc.

Also, triceratops might not even be a real species. It could have been an immature specimen of the torosaurus - as unlike most other ceratopsians, it has a solid frill.

Average pony size is 225 kg.

To point out the actual names for the creatures...

Turanoceratops
Utahraptor
Metriacanthosaurus
Allosaurus

Ah, okay. :) Well than, I suppose the only way to see how well they work is to wait until you get it done. "waits"
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 12:07:45 am by Pokon »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 140