Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348999 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1245 on: November 25, 2011, 10:59:43 pm »

as for my project, i think I might finally have the Smooze working right.. testing right now in the arena agaisnt an Ursa Major.

Ooh, is that the one with things from the other generations?
I want Flutterponies, darnit!

I'm on to the next race. One that will have to be dramatically altered to fit in...

DINOSAURS!

Huh. Well then, what do we have here? ???
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 25, 2011, 11:04:44 pm »

Current plans.

Utahraptor (fast ground based no magic)
Triceratops (ground based magic)
Quetzalcoatlus (fast air)
T. rex (Royal equivalent)

Any suggestions?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 25, 2011, 11:42:24 pm »

A duck-billed dino ( or a small, weaker one in general)as a "skilled but physicly weak" option would be interesting. A Utahrapter may be a bit clueless when it comes to growing stuff, after all.If its avalable, you could have them lay larger cluches then the other breeds. Also, Quetzalcoatlus is the odd one out for me, because there are no obvius graspers and I would think a winged T-rex is too much like a armless Dragon.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 26, 2011, 12:06:27 am »

Hmmm. Maybe it would be good to have a no-flying race.

Your ideas are good. I'm already going to have to shrink them down (because even the Quetzalcoatlus weighs more than most ponies. The triceratops would weigh more than 5 or 6 royal buffalo), so having a much smaller, weaker one might go well, too.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 26, 2011, 12:30:14 am »

Hmmm. Maybe it would be good to have a no-flying race.

Your ideas are good. I'm already going to have to shrink them down (because even the Quetzalcoatlus weighs more than most ponies. The triceratops would weigh more than 5 or 6 royal buffalo), so having a much smaller, weaker one might go well, too.

Okay. I would rather not have any races members go over the size of a Dragon, thank you. :D. Royal buffalo are already the size of elephants, so even thats pushing it. How would a T-rex, say, use its tiny arms to hold a shield is beyond me.

It would go a bit like this: Small caste with a nice well-rounded set of skills, with a dabbling in every skill exept those relating to metal working and fighting. The next caste up would be bigger, has natural weapons, and has focus on just fighting and metal-working. Pure fighters and hunters. The next caste up would be a smaller Triceratops type thing, with a durable body and two magical horns. Cooks, planners, and masters of building. Perhapes they are not that smart at actualy fighting, rather, and are actualy pathetic at defending themselves from threats smaller then them due to there bulk. A negative growth in Dodge and Armor using would make others think twice in using them in battle. Another, more "well rounded" dinosaur would be better than a T-Rex (shoot me) because they dont realy have a nich besides eating things. You could just make something up. :D

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: November 26, 2011, 03:29:32 am »

T. rexes are the alicorns, without the flying.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 26, 2011, 03:32:53 am »

Actually, what might work would be (if it's possible) to have juvenile t. rexes trainable by anyone, adults as exotic. Like huge guard dogs.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 26, 2011, 05:39:18 am »

Actually, what might work would be (if it's possible) to have juvenile t. rexes trainable by anyone, adults as exotic. Like huge guard dogs.

Thats not durable ( the tages dont work like that), but a stupid, large beast that could be forced to guard your fort would be interesting would be nice. Head-butters?

The thing about T-rexes that bothers me is there tiny, tiny arms. There pathetic, and would be no use in, say, hauling a shield or carrying a pick.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 26, 2011, 05:47:54 am »

Well...

They're as long as your arms are, and far, far stronger, if the muscle marks have anything to say about it. Presumably they were used for -something-.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 26, 2011, 05:50:20 am »

Huh. Apparently the main theories now are that they were used by the T. rex to pull itself up from a prone position, or to hold onto struggling prey while it killed it.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 26, 2011, 06:02:32 am »

Im talking about proportion. It would be silly, in this case, to even think of one attempting to stab at a pony with its arms that are so far from the ground.

Apparently the main theories now are that they were used by the T. rex to pull itself up from a prone position, or to hold onto struggling prey while it killed it.
They did not realy fit in with the traditional idea of arm usage. Most things, for example, could use them to pick something up.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 26, 2011, 06:04:50 am »

No. Bats can't pick things up with their arms, pterosaurs couldn't, therizinosaurs couldn't, all the tyrannosaurs couldn't, allosaurus couldn't...

It's only very recently that hands have been for anything other than securing food.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 26, 2011, 06:12:44 am »

Modern arm usage, then. :D

My main point is, every one else on that list you had before (besides the Quetzalcoatlus, but that was decided against) had some sort of fesable use of both pairs of limbs. The fact that the Royal, of all things, would have such impratical arms would make it a odd choice, mostly not because of its size, but its position on its body.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 26, 2011, 06:14:23 am »

Did you forget my listing of the Triceratops?

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 26, 2011, 06:15:29 am »

Magic is magic.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 140