Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Slow down blinking of pasture zones  (Read 876 times)

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
Slow down blinking of pasture zones
« on: March 21, 2011, 02:29:51 pm »

Well we all know how zones blink rapidly when you hover over them, right? Well, very large ones (like the new and very necessary pastures) make me literally nauseous with their rapid blinking..... so I guess this is a feature request to slooooow doooooown the blink rate :)
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Slow down blinking of pasture zones
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 04:21:57 pm »

Well we all know how zones blink rapidly when you hover over them, right? Well, very large ones (like the new and very necessary pastures) make me literally nauseous with their rapid blinking..... so I guess this is a feature request to slooooow doooooown the blink rate :)
This. If just the blinking of stockpiled items on ramps is bad enough to remove said ramps...
I feel sorry for you.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 04:27:04 pm »

Also worm grass!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 08:10:20 pm »

This. If just the blinking of stockpiled items on ramps is bad enough to remove said ramps...
I feel sorry for you.
I normally remove the stockpile. Things shouldn't flash unless there's something important they need to convey.

Also worm grass!
At least that can be edited.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 08:40:43 pm »

Wait, it can?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 12:59:47 am »

From wormy tendrils:

[GRASS_TILES:242:243:169:170]
   [ALT_GRASS_TILES:243:242:170:169]
   [ALT_PERIOD:200:100]

Means that it's normal for 200 ticks and alt for 100.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 09:43:01 am »

Fantastic :D