Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: She has been haunted by the dead lately  (Read 2823 times)

Kuroda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
She has been haunted by the dead lately
« on: March 21, 2011, 07:00:15 am »

Yeah... reclaiming my fortress (which seems to be going pretty well this time... have like 500 dolomite and conglomerate) and I checked the expedition leader's Thoughts and Preferences and saw that. Couldn't find anything in the Wiki about it, so is that from all the skeletons laying outside or is that just because I let 19 dwarves die just so I could restart? This isn't going to make them have a tantrum and throw my tables, is it?

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: She has been haunted by the dead lately
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 07:07:40 am »

Ghosts. Bury or memorialize your dwarves - And hopefully that's possible for the dwarves of the previous expedition because ghosts will destroy your FPS.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 07:59:00 am »

The Ghost FPS issue will be fixed next version, but ghosts creating all sorts of trouble is working as intended.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 08:11:12 am »

Haunting can happen before the ghosts appear, actually, but once they do appear, the hauntings go way up.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 08:50:10 am »

Speaking of ghosts, what's with the whole 'partying ghosts' thing anyway? I heard it from someone before, but never actually got it...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 08:56:58 am »

It happened when ghosts were first introduced.  They would get called to attend a party if there was an active party and they got drafted into it.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 09:33:40 am »

Ah. So... noticing the lack of it being mentioned lately, I assume ghosts were bug-fixed? decided to stop pooping the parties of the living?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 09:34:48 am »

Yep, now ghosts are just regular old FPS drains!

Kuroda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 04:19:04 pm »

Haunting can happen before the ghosts appear, actually, but once they do appear, the hauntings go way up.
That's what's happening. Thanks for the heads up. Which is why
Ghosts. Bury or memorialize your dwarves - And hopefully that's possible for the dwarves of the previous expedition because ghosts will destroy your FPS.
I am going to take this advice. My FPS is actually very low anyways. I can't decide whether to not care or plan ahead in case it totally rapes me.

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 04:30:00 pm »

It will.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 04:55:37 pm »

It happened when ghosts were first introduced.  They would get called to attend a party if there was an active party and they got drafted into it.

I believe the quote when that was reported is in someone's sig.  It was something like, "HAHAHA MY MAYOR IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS.  BEST UPDATE EVER!"
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 05:06:32 pm »

And sadly it's true.  It will take some effort to compare with that caliber...

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 05:29:10 pm »

I believe the quote when that was reported is in someone's sig.  It was something like, "HAHAHA MY MAYOR IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS.  BEST UPDATE EVER!"

I think I was born in that fortress.  At least, the city I was born in was famous for having politicians elected by dead people.   :o
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 07:30:38 pm »

Yup. I have it sigged.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 12:11:55 am »

Have ghosts and dwarves ever been observed to directly interact non-violently (as with conversation)? I'm thinking getting really charismatic dwarves to be absolutely ecstatic and then executing them in the meeting hall might get me ghostly socialites and associated happiness boosts in the fortress.
Pages: [1] 2