Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FB huh?  (Read 614 times)

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
FB huh?
« on: March 21, 2011, 12:38:01 am »

The Forgotten Beast Banik Tholkor has come! A huge eight-legged quadruped composed of water. It appears to be emaciated. Beware its poisonous sting!

I can accept that this beast is made of water, but an eight-legged quadruped? Eight legs and four feet?

Ok, so I've got a couple of war dogs hobbling around with 4 legs and three feet, so I guess this thing must have had four of its feet hacked off in battle. Given that it's made of water, I guess that's not too difficult.

Beware its watery wimpiness!
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: FB huh?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 12:39:56 am »

I assume it had four legs on the top of its body and four legs on the bottom, so that it had eight legs, but was only walking on four at any given time.

Mein gott. The imagine I'm getting is terrifying.

You know those monsters from Silent Hill, that were just two pairs of human legs joined together at the waist?

Think that, but with horses, joined together at the spine and no head. And in the middle of the chest part is a mouth that breaths fire. That knows your name and speaks it when it attacks you.

*attached to the last log entry is an image, apparently created by one of the engravers. It is dark and not very distinct - understandable since the viewer would have been running for his life through a darkened tunnel*

There's really no wrong way to interpret them.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 12:47:16 am by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 03:06:47 am »

two legs join up to one foot. repeat 4 times
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 03:22:48 am »

Yeah, that's how I picture it as well.

Imagine a pair of tweezers standing on end. The pincers are the two legs connecting to the body and the connecting end is the foot.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 05:09:26 am »

Eight-legged quadruped would simply be, for me, a Tetrapoda with eight limbs (Octopoda?). Four dangling bits of meat doesn't make sense unless he lost four legs in combat.

Oh and water elementals are ridiculous. Soon you'll probably have water in solid form in your refuse stockpile.