Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58

Author Topic: Godhood IV OOC Thread  (Read 46590 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood IV OOC Thread
« Reply #825 on: November 02, 2011, 07:13:24 am »

Did everyone enjoy Death? I could do that again.

Or a god of bunnies. I could do that too.

That bastard sure drove hard bargain. Ended up wasting acts for a single soul, and the creation got mutated by him right away anyhow. Now that I think of it, I also wasted acts to allow Astra'ath inside the meeting place, just for the location of the Stone of Madness. I'm beginning to see a pattern here...

To answer your question, though; don't play the same character again, think up something new, atleast a new personality and style.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #826 on: November 02, 2011, 07:15:34 am »

Did everyone enjoy Death? I could do that again.

Or a god of bunnies. I could do that too.

That bastard sure drove hard bargain. Ended up wasting acts for a single soul, and the creation got mutated by him right away anyhow. Now that I think of it, I also wasted acts to allow Astra'ath inside the meeting place, just for the location of the Stone of Madness. I'm beginning to see a pattern here...

To answer your question, though; don't play the same character again, think up something new, atleast a new personality and style.
Indeed.

I'll give some thought to my next god in case we pick this up. Maybe I'll just play Satan and be done with it.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 02, 2011, 07:21:03 am »

You have a thing for evil or atleast uncaring gods, don't you? Astra'ath, Lord Winter and Death, not exactly nice guys.

I'm thinking God of Technology or similar if we get a game up. God of Invention, maybe. Something that allows me to focus on mortals without worrying about breaking character. (In the second (III, I guess?) game, I couldn't interfere on the side of the fish-people as Amparos, because in-character he didn't even know there was a war going on. The other side... didn't have that problem. Still not going for an omnipresent/all-knowing god, those are boring.)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #828 on: November 02, 2011, 07:22:45 am »

Would someone like to do a two-faced god with me?

For example, if we're both the god of technology but you are the aspect of Progress while I am the aspect of Conflict. You promote the use of knowledge and technology to improve lives, I promote the use of knowledge to destroy the enemy.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 02, 2011, 07:28:49 am »

Well, we got a lot of gods and spirits for chaos and strife, but no gods for balance or good.
I would do a god/spirit of order, just to balance things out. Order isn't the same thing as good  though. At best I would help people who fight with barbarians and prevent civil wars, at worst I would promote authoritarianism and tyranny.

You could also understand order in a methphysical sense: the set structure of atoms and physics, the hierarchy among group animals, all things involving sturcture and hierarchy and I would act as an enforcer of those ideas and principles.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 02, 2011, 08:11:39 am »

That might force me to make a God of Altruism. At best, someone who wants to help people...at worst, someone who knows what others need and will do it for them whether they like it or not.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 02, 2011, 08:45:38 am »

Well, unless there are any objections, I think most of us will be fine with starting a new thing based on the same rules.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 02, 2011, 11:15:03 am »

I would not object.

I hate myself for procrastinating when so many people are waiting for me and then deciding (under the pressure of shame) to disappear altogether.
I've been lurking the threads since I last tried working on the posts, but I just could not bring myself to work on it.

My sincerest apologies, everybody.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 02, 2011, 11:22:37 am »

I would not object.

I hate myself for procrastinating when so many people are waiting for me and then deciding (under the pressure of shame) to disappear altogether.
I've been lurking the threads since I last tried working on the posts, but I just could not bring myself to work on it.

My sincerest apologies, everybody.

It's okay, it was a great run while it lasted. I can safely say these games were the best I've ever played on this forum or anywhere else. Your (and everybody else's) writing was always superb and each update worth the long wait. Three cheers for the Ceasar Caesar? 

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 02, 2011, 12:19:27 pm »

Hip, hip hooray!

Now get back to work and make a new one! :P

Actually, we seem to choose very specialized spheres, leaving giant gaps. Maybe we should just choose Elements and go down from there? Like, while he's the god of water, maybe he really really likes squids, so he'd be god of water, with the Aspect of squids. And maybe abominations too, you know, for the children.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: November 02, 2011, 12:49:51 pm »

meh...i dislike that idea. We start with God of Fire,Water,Air and Earth and then we run out of Elements...if you feel adventurous you gain Life and Death and Order and Chaos as a sphere...but then whats with the Gods of Madness, the Gods of Knowledge, the Gods of Decay and War and uhm....Dance? Where do tehy fit in...i say we let decide people freely what god they want to be and not force upon them to be the God of Fire to be allowed to be the God of Explosions...

on another note:

*sigh* i so much want to revive the Murr...

IDEA! God of Vermin?

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 02, 2011, 01:00:24 pm »

Actually- One of my greatest concerns was just that: The Gods were too specialized.

As far as my limited knowledge goes, ancient civilizations invented Gods for the main aspects of their civilizations: Hunt, agriculture, trade, fire, water, earth, etc..

As they developed, so did their Pantheons. They either invented new Gods to fill the gaps or they attributed new things to the old Gods. You could get gods with very strange spheres of influences. A great example is Poseidon: Earthquakes, horses and the ocean.

Also: Perhaps I can accept one cheer, but no more than that. I have repeatedly let a great forum game with even unmet enthusiasm from people who did not play it wither and die. Why? Only because I were and most likely am too undisciplined to finish things.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 02, 2011, 01:02:32 pm »

I really liked my first god, Kain God of Earth, but we really shouldn't force them into choosing only the basic things for there domain

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 02, 2011, 01:06:55 pm »

I really liked my first god, Kain God of Earth, but we really shouldn't force them into choosing only the basic things for there domain

I know. I liked the game freeform, with the players determining what happened. That did not take away that some gods were hard to place in the environment we created.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 02, 2011, 01:09:09 pm »

Yep, but I think it flowed more easily when we were Role-playing our gods in Godhood III
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58