Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 58

Author Topic: Godhood IV OOC Thread  (Read 46625 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Godhood IV OOC Thread
« Reply #615 on: May 06, 2011, 03:59:39 am »

Is it just me or was that creepy as fuck?
Does that mean I'm doing it right? :)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 06, 2011, 04:01:09 am »

... Maybe. Just maybe.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 06, 2011, 04:09:40 am »

I actually hope they won't fight one another.

It's not very polite to do so in someone else's home.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 06, 2011, 04:11:45 am »

I actually hope they won't fight one another.

It's not very polite to do so in someone else's home.

Peh, it'll be cooler to fight in the nether, creating an ethereal demiplane from the collateral damage or something.

IDEA!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 06, 2011, 06:53:54 am »

Alcinoe is overstepping her bounds... only I am allowed to be a superpower of the north!

This means... I forgot.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 06, 2011, 08:03:48 am »

Alcinoe is overstepping her bounds... only I am allowed to be a superpower of the north!

Bring it on!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 06, 2011, 09:35:50 am »

Bring it on!

Nah, I was just thinking of converting your people to me, but you still have to deal with Chlorine. If a fight happens, you might waste something. Besides, what I have done for my worshippers is a bit more noticeable, and MUCH more broad. Under those facts, people would POSSIBLE IMMEDIATELY consider a side switch.

Now, where are you in relation to me is unknown, so I can't guareentee such would happen. But I have another thing which I intend to do to make things... fun.

Predictions on Chlorine's actions: His personality seems more like someone who picks fights. This is going to be VERY interesting.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 06, 2011, 10:48:37 am »

Yelp, now Death's realm is just as bad as it was before, maybe even worse. The fun part is that now a dead hero can go on a quest to vanquish this evil beast, encountering many strange souls and beings in the process, some hostile, some friendly. With plenty training montages as he's trained by a dead Dreamwalker to travel between the dreams of the Final Rest. It will culminate in an epic battle between the hero and the Shaper, a true clash of wills where both sides attempt to change and twist the other's mind.

That can wait, though.

And this should start things off.  The Lady won't interfere in the land of the dead, though.  I just figured Elti as a character still has some mileage left, and since the dead are being affected by the corruption of the Final Rest...
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 06, 2011, 12:58:13 pm »

I imagine Isra could travel between the World of Dreams and the Final Rest pretty freely once Mahet actually bothers to awaken her. I can see her helping out Elti - though not necessarily out of the goodness in her heart...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:00:46 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 06, 2011, 01:38:17 pm »

Going to write up posts for the Lady over the next few days, Caesar.  I'll reach a point where I'd quite like you to make a decision on behalf of the NPCs involved, but that won't be the end of my actions for the turn, as they'll depend upon the decision made.  It's just that it's an important enough decision that I can't assume which way the characters would go.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 06, 2011, 04:20:03 pm »

Then involve me by all means.
You know I like to be involved anyways, so never worry there.

I should have taken more time for the turn post, by the way. I forgot a few things I had wanted to do.

Edit: Nice portrayal of the idea I had in mind. This is not where I'll stop that corruption of the Final Rest, though. Just you wait.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 04:23:18 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #626 on: May 06, 2011, 04:24:24 pm »

To be clear, is the Crucible still feeding Death power as well or has the entire thing gone useless to him? He's very likely to just rip it out and destroy it as a failed experiment if so.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 06, 2011, 08:20:20 pm »

I want to run this by you guys because I seem to be playing badly this iteration. It's the scene of Chlorines death, hopefully.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So yeah, it kicks everyone out of Kinare's cave, Kills off Chlorine (who's getting harder and harder to write, even as his boasts get more and more badass, simply bnecause of the sheer ego involved), and should leave it open enough, hopefully. But I'm still not happy with it and will take any advice with due consideration.  :)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 06, 2011, 08:55:35 pm »

The thing about writing fight scenes for things like this is that it's not good to write how the other characters are affected, like how you did.

I'm alright with the idea of Alcinoe getting hurt, but you should let me write the exact bits and pieces.

What if I wanted Alcinoe to be flung into the Aether and carve out a celestial realm from her fall or summat?

What if Caesar didn't want the Cave to be burned and stuff? Could a god of our pitiful power-level even damage it?

You should let the others write the bits where they play out how they're affected themselves, Karny.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #629 on: May 06, 2011, 09:04:48 pm »

Also, you don't die until I SAY SO.

Acanthus is right though. Only post your character's actions, not the larger results or other people's responses. The exception to this is when the actions only affect non-player characters or something that you should have no trouble doing. I wouldn't need approval to burn down a hut. I would need to coordinate if I wanted to destroy the realm of dreams. :P
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 58