Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58

Author Topic: Godhood IV OOC Thread  (Read 46666 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Godhood IV OOC Thread
« Reply #540 on: April 28, 2011, 09:28:53 pm »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 28, 2011, 09:29:42 pm »

I just hope that Alcinoe isn't screwed over royally by Kinare, though.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 29, 2011, 09:23:10 am »

You do realize that I actually take pleasure in screwing people over?

Anyways.. There's still some time for people to spend their acts, so hurry!
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 29, 2011, 10:01:39 am »

What exactly is some time? I guess you'll do it this weekend?

And sorry for asking the same question before every single update. >_>
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 29, 2011, 10:03:03 am »

I do not accept your apology, because I should apologize about the general vagueness surrounding every update instead.

You can expect it Monday evening/night. It's our Spring Break, so I'll have time 'nough to write it.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 29, 2011, 06:51:01 pm »

You do realize that I actually take pleasure in screwing people over?

Oh noes.

Just remember, Chlorine started it!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 29, 2011, 08:37:14 pm »

Sorry, Forsaken, but I wanted to actually DO SOMETHING with the character, and I'm going to need someone to find some people to populate my corner of the afterlife, if you actually get around to making it.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #547 on: April 29, 2011, 09:17:00 pm »

Sorry, Forsaken, but I wanted to actually DO SOMETHING with the character, and I'm going to need someone to find some people to populate my corner of the afterlife, if you actually get around to making it.
It IS made. For all intents and purposes, your dead will see what you described when they die, if they meet your criteria. If they do not, they will punish themselves in a hell of their own construction. That is the beauty of the Final Rest, because it forces the soul to be truthful to itself. The soul knows if it has lives according to its god's tenants and it knows what its final destination is.

Though the fact that you raised someone from the dead without so much as a 'by your leave' is troubling.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 29, 2011, 09:20:01 pm »

Can't really see him asking permission as long as he's not technically IN your plane of existance when doing the act.

So basically:

Creating an afterlife: ask about it

Bringing someone FROM that afterlife, who happens to be one of the more central part of one of his few plans: Go ahead, one soul doesn't change much anyway.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 29, 2011, 09:21:38 pm »

..they will punish themselves in a hell of their own construction... The soul knows if it has lives according to its god's tenants and it knows what its final destination is.

Your realm of the afterlifes is awesome...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #550 on: April 29, 2011, 09:28:32 pm »

Can't really see him asking permission as long as he's not technically IN your plane of existance when doing the act.

So basically:

Creating an afterlife: ask about it

Bringing someone FROM that afterlife, who happens to be one of the more central part of one of his few plans: Go ahead, one soul doesn't change much anyway.
Mahet thought it appropriate to ask. I don't really care OOC, and IC Death hasn't noticed yet. Don't expect her to live long once he does though.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 29, 2011, 09:32:18 pm »

Would you rather I ask, and when you say no because I don't have anything I can GIVE you (other than what I would be doing anyway, by bringing together a bunch of badasses to better murder tons of dudes) and then do it anyway?

Also, I would think that Death would realize that he would gain more from letting her live to bring together said group of powerful people than by reclaiming the ONE soul that he loses in the bargain, as he would not only gain power faster, but not piss off a god of destruction, which would end badly for everyone. Death and destruction fighting? Damn, do we really need an apocalypse this early?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #552 on: April 29, 2011, 09:36:54 pm »

The point is you didn't ask, and Death has no sense of humor. Probably he would have required a certain number of souls in exchange for hers, which is a standard bargain. He didn't do that with Mahet because he didn't think Mahet could stomach killing just to save Isra and he had a job he needed doing anyway so he thought of a way to use Mahet's talents.

Don't worry, I won't play it out as 'lol death shows up and kills her!'. There will be realistic consequences though.

Aside: I can't wait to see what caesar does with the old priest's family after the update.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 29, 2011, 09:39:41 pm »

Death has no sense of humor.

I TAKE OFFENSE TO THAT LAST ONE

I CAN MAKE JOKES, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

HERE'S ONE

WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?

IT DIDN'T.

IT WAS HIT BY A CAR.

SEE? THAT WAS FUNNY.

HA HA HA.

/offtangent
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 29, 2011, 09:41:11 pm »

Supposed to be in smallcaps, dude.

Then again, how the heck do you do that in forum code?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58