Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 58

Author Topic: Godhood IV OOC Thread  (Read 46675 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Godhood IV OOC Thread
« Reply #510 on: April 25, 2011, 07:57:16 pm »

I know I haven't posted yet. Expect something tonight, and sorry about that. My weekend turned busy unexpectedly.

And there it is. :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:11:35 pm by forsaken1111 »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 26, 2011, 10:05:12 am »

I know I haven't posted yet. Expect something tonight, and sorry about that. My weekend turned busy unexpectedly.

Ooh, the mental image I got from that scene sent actual chills down my spine. Great writings, as usual!

EDIT: Huh, that actually turned out pretty well. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:00:29 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 26, 2011, 11:53:55 am »

Excellent posts, as I expected.

but wait... Does Alcinoe still have an act (cause I thought she already used hers for this turn)? If not I doubt she stands a chance of winning...
No, I used it to ensure my tribesd00ds will have a successful conquest and shit.

Huh, will Kinare even tolerate a fight in her cave?

That is for her and me to know, and for you to find out.

Edit: Another great post, Forsaken! If this turn works out well and everybody acts, I'll do the update somewhere 'round next weekend.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:10:34 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 26, 2011, 04:11:46 pm »

Cold.  Beautifully cold.  Even the Lady has more empathy than Death, and I'm trying to do her as snakelike as I can.   :D
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 26, 2011, 04:14:17 pm »

Why describe it as cold if you could use the word apathetic?
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 26, 2011, 04:23:12 pm »

Why describe it as cold if you could use the word apathetic?

Entombing that Shaper in something approaching living death wasn't apathetic, it was cold.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #516 on: April 26, 2011, 04:25:24 pm »

Edit: Another great post, Forsaken! If this turn works out well and everybody acts, I'll do the update somewhere 'round next weekend.

Cold.  Beautifully cold.  Even the Lady has more empathy than Death, and I'm trying to do her as snakelike as I can.   :D

Thanks! Glad you guys liked it. I was worried that Death would be uninteresting but I think I'm rather enjoying Him now. Even Mahet begins to see His perspective.

Entombing that Shaper in something approaching living death wasn't apathetic, it was cold.
Indeed. The thing has existed for all of what, an hour? And it is hurled into a stone box, sealed, and used as a conduit for power with no regard for its own safety or desires. I'm sure Mahet wouldn't be happy about it either, his poor creation... if only he knew.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 26, 2011, 04:28:09 pm »

Thanks! Glad you guys liked it. I was worried that Death would be uninteresting but I think I'm rather enjoying Him now. Even Mahet begins to see His perspective.

Indeed. The thing has existed for all of what, an hour? And it is hurled into a stone box, sealed, and used as a conduit for power with no regard for its own safety or desires. I'm sure Mahet wouldn't be happy about it either, his poor creation... if only he knew.

It was soulless. It's not like it'd care. Or even take notice.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 26, 2011, 04:33:44 pm »

I think Mahet might have overengineered his creation somewhat.  Poor critter.

He drew close the dream, releasing control over to the Shaper. It looked up at him for one last time. Mahet could not decipher its intention from so far away. Perhaps regret, or fear.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 26, 2011, 04:41:54 pm »

He drew close the dream, releasing control over to the Shaper. It looked up at him for one last time. Mahet could not decipher its intention from so far away. Perhaps regret, or fear.

Why would you call it poor? It's not like it cared, now is it? It was, in essence, mentally dead. Very much so.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #520 on: April 26, 2011, 04:49:15 pm »

Why would you call it poor? It's not like it cared, now is it? It was, in essence, mentally dead. Very much so.
Perhaps, but it is now connected to millions or billions of souls. It may not have feelings of its own but it will know what they feel. I dunno, what happens is up to you really. The point was that Death didn't stop to make that determination or even care whether the thing was sentient. It was used just as Mahet was used.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 27, 2011, 07:59:48 am »

It's mind is on the level of an animal. It still feels basic emotions, like joy, fear, etc etc, it's just not capable of complex thought. I don't think being stuck inside the Crucible will bother it much, though. It doesn't need to eat or sleep or anything.

And Death tries to act emotionless, but his Acts show that really, deep inside, he's just enormously power-hungry. Also deceitful. Shame on him.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 27, 2011, 08:52:54 am »

Nah. He just wants to increase his output and overall efficiency xD
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #523 on: April 27, 2011, 02:39:13 pm »

And Death tries to act emotionless, but his Acts show that really, deep inside, he's just enormously power-hungry. Also deceitful. Shame on him.
Where did you get this?

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 27, 2011, 02:46:56 pm »

Where did you get this?

He built himself a fortress, created an object for the sole purpose of feeding his act growth on the dead, and that is not power-hungry?

Of course, Kath is ALSO power-hungry, but is subtle about it.

Another post coming soon to a theater near you...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 02:49:07 pm by Humaan »
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 58