Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 58

Author Topic: Godhood IV OOC Thread  (Read 46691 times)

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood IV OOC Thread
« Reply #495 on: April 23, 2011, 06:53:25 pm »

Yes, but Forsaken joined when we were having a dearth of interest. and created a character that worked well for the role. You seem more like a member of the quirky miniboss squad.
Or, simply, the re-occuring enemy...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 23, 2011, 09:08:47 pm »

:(

Well, I guess I figured. I wasn't having the expected amount of fun with Chlorine anyways.

Still we need a mythological reason for Chlorine to die and thus cause some sort of world-changing event. After all this boasting I want him to do something.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 23, 2011, 09:46:12 pm »

Have people forgot the (subtle) goal of my god yet?
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 23, 2011, 10:22:11 pm »

Have people forgot the (subtle) goal of my god yet?
No, but your just being very good at (subtly) being (subtle) about doing whatever your talking about.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 24, 2011, 02:55:27 am »

If a God dies, no matter what God it is, it will always be followed by some cataclysmic or apocalyptic event, or atleast something huge. So yes, if anything, Chlorine would effect the world most if/when he'd die.

Also:

I dare doubt Sei'imeri would be a big bad. Why not? Her intentions are not to conquer the world and kill every single other being. It's the mortals that follow her that would wage these wars, on their own. It is not their God.

Anyways- Not every story needs a big bad, and if it does get one: It'd have to be better than some overconfident madgod.

On the subject of Astra'ath: It was universally agreed to that he would indeed fulfill a much greater role and be of greater power than the other Gods before he did, in fact, fulfill that role. You stated that you intended for Chlorine to 'be the Big Bad'. This would either require a lot of work from his part, or you should have discussed it beforehand, no?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 02:57:17 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 24, 2011, 04:28:05 am »

I'd imagine an XK-class scenario if Chlorine died.

Imagine all that raw power, concentrated on one planet...

*shivers*
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 24, 2011, 04:37:38 am »

I dare doubt Sei'imeri would be a big bad. Why not? Her intentions are not to conquer the world and kill every single other being. It's the mortals that follow her that would wage these wars, on their own. It is not their God.

I was partly joking.  But I could see Sei'imeri or someone like her being a doctrinal Big Bad in some of the destructive gods' religions (Shaitan style!).

Edit:  Also, money's on Alcinoe either starting this fight or calling it off.  Chlorine's appearing too much of a coward to just attack.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 24, 2011, 05:06:06 am »

I'd imagine an XK-class scenario if Chlorine died.

Imagine all what raw power, concentrated on one planet...?

*shivers*

I don't know whether they'll fight or not.
As long as they remember that they're not in fact alone, they should most likely make the wiser decisions.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 24, 2011, 06:32:30 am »

Well, since Chlorine is the anthropomoric personification of destruction, wouldn't that make his death quite... well, destructive?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 24, 2011, 09:44:44 am »

You never know.  Chlorine's destruction might sow forests and sunshine across the world, an orgy of creation springing forth from the dearth of Destruction.  Rainbows and lollipops springing from the ground.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 24, 2011, 09:45:51 am »

You never know.  Chlorine's destruction might sow forests and sunshine across the world, an orgy of creation springing forth from the dearth of Destruction.  Rainbows and lollipops springing from the ground.

Or perhaps the atmosphere will be intoxicated. After all, Chlorine is highly toxic in higher concentrations.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 24, 2011, 09:54:29 am »

but wait... Does Alcinoe still have an act (cause I thought she already used hers for this turn)? If not I doubt she stands a chance of winning...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 24, 2011, 11:45:54 am »

In any case, I think it's just Lavos, Chlorine and Sei'imeri to go.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 24, 2011, 11:54:17 am »

Or perhaps the atmosphere will be intoxicated. After all, Chlorine is highly toxic in higher concentrations.
Actually, I was thinking something more insidious than just a average apocalypse. I'll PM you with the idea later.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 25, 2011, 07:56:00 pm »

but wait... Does Alcinoe still have an act (cause I thought she already used hers for this turn)? If not I doubt she stands a chance of winning...
No, I used it to ensure my tribesd00ds will have a successful conquest and shit.

Huh, will Kinare even tolerate a fight in her cave?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 58