Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 58

Author Topic: Godhood IV OOC Thread  (Read 46702 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood IV OOC Thread
« Reply #480 on: April 21, 2011, 06:15:03 pm »

Hmm...
"Hmm..." what "Hmm..." That's a crappy post or "Hmm..." I'm thinking about new game mechanics or "Hmm..." Stop talking?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 21, 2011, 06:16:25 pm »

you're going too far! fear the crazy crazyness of the god of crazy things and more!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 21, 2011, 06:21:37 pm »

:D Chlorine sucks at acting so bad.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 22, 2011, 01:13:06 am »

Agh sorry about the delay. Will have post up this week. D:
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 22, 2011, 04:23:40 am »

:D Chlorine sucks at acting so bad.

That 'Hmm...' indeed.

Besides- I'm always thinking about new game mechanics. And I do not very let loose the 'Hmm...' of crappy posts. And if I would, the intention would be hidden behind the more conventional 'Hmm...'s.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 04:30:24 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 23, 2011, 09:33:36 am »

Poor Chlorine, he's so delusional.

Also forsaken, I need you to post so I can actually make the Final Rest, y'know.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 23, 2011, 11:19:56 am »

I find it amusing to see Chlorine actually thinking he is of any influence to the multi-verse while in reality, his influence is next to none.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #487 on: April 23, 2011, 11:22:08 am »

Poor Chlorine, he's so delusional.

Also forsaken, I need you to post so I can actually make the Final Rest, y'know.
Sorry, been busy all week. Should have something up this weekend.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 23, 2011, 12:58:19 pm »

I find it amusing to see Chlorine actually thinking he is of any influence to the multi-verse while in reality, his influence is next to none.
Well, it's mostly flavoring. He's supposed to be the Big Bad, we can't have him be just another God. Trust me, he's going to make some tactical errors in his blind rage against Gods and all their forms, and there'll be plenty of opportunity for some really good hits. But he has to be frightening.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 23, 2011, 12:59:02 pm »

Yeah, Karne, everybody is going to think he's simply delusional if he continues acting like that.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 23, 2011, 01:02:29 pm »

Well, it's mostly flavoring. He's supposed to be the Big Bad, we can't have him be just another God. Trust me, he's going to make some tactical errors in his blind rage against Gods and all their forms, and there'll be plenty of opportunity for some really good hits. But he has to be frightening.

From a purely tactical viewpoint, he really ought to wait until he actually has the power to back up his boasts before he makes them.  I am thoroughly looking forward to whenever Chlorine and The Lady meet, just for the sake of her reaction.  Though I doubt it'll be this turn, as she's not going out of her way to find out about the existence of other gods.  In fact, with the exception of "Ogdi" I think she may just be largely unaware of anything beyond that there are other gods out there.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 23, 2011, 03:22:13 pm »

I doubt Chlorine would be able to fill the role of the Big Bad. He's more the laughable evil type, if we'd have to characterize him. If we would really need a big bad, I think I could have my faceless Goddess (or perhaps something worse) fulfill that role.

I can be sure, however, that Chlorine is a long way from fulfilling his so desired role of the Big Bad.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 03:25:20 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 23, 2011, 03:29:16 pm »

The Big Bad is, of course, Sei'meri.

Why?  Agriculture.  Farming is a winning strategy.  Humanity starts out hunting and gathering.  Farmers arise out of this system as the minority.  Within less than a few dozen generations farmers are the vast majority, forcing hunters into marginal niches.  With the advent of agriculture, the hunter-gatherer tribe is consigned to the deep jungle or far wilderness, driven away by the better organised, better-fed masses of the ploughed field.

There are more sheep than wolves because being a sheep is a winning strategy.  The only way for the wolves to win is to become dogs, to shield the sheep against the wolves and survive by taking their pay - to disguise themselves against the greater threat that the sheep present.  It's foolish at this stage to declare enmity or rivalry against any other god, but I think I can safely say that The Lady's biggest rival will probably be the Goddess of Growth, far more than any of the gods of battle or destruction out there.  Sei'meri's farmers will slaughter the Lady's tribal huntsmen by sheer out-competition long after the Viper Tribe has bested all its surrounding tribes through force of arms.

The Lady has seen this.  She has made preparations.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 23, 2011, 03:30:58 pm »

Yeah, Karne, everybody is going to think he's simply delusional if he continues acting like that.
He IS delusional. He's a god who'll do anything to kill any other gods he sees. He has some amount of planning but he's still completely bonkers. He's a total psychopath and will stop at nothing, at no cost, to see the lights of the other gods extinguished. He cannot bne reasoned with, cannot be stopped. He can only be destroyed, and he will gladly pay that price to kill but one god.

Meaning basically I'm going to go into the negatives alot and probably have a hell of alot of issues with Chlorine acting like a buffoon. It's part of the game.  :(

I can be sure, however, that Chlorine is a long way from fulfilling his so desired role of the Big Bad.
Gah, you're no fun. Forsaken got Astra'Ath.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 23, 2011, 06:08:23 pm »

Yes, but Forsaken joined when we were having a dearth of interest. and created a character that worked well for the role. You seem more like a member of the quirky miniboss squad.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 58