Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 58

Author Topic: Godhood IV OOC Thread  (Read 46727 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Godhood IV OOC Thread
« Reply #405 on: April 16, 2011, 07:03:44 am »

Animals will be present as well in the realm of the dead, but only ones which Death considered worth taking. You may run into mythical beasts and such, but you won't find your average wolf or bird.

It's not a 'nice' place.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 16, 2011, 07:04:36 am »

Mahet doesn't think so either. Once he's done, he'll get the fuck out of there and never return.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #407 on: April 16, 2011, 07:12:25 am »

Death isn't terribly nice either, but don't mistake that for evil. As Caesar put it, all are equal in Death's eyes and He treats another god the same as He would anyone else... that is to say, with utter lack of any compassion, empathy or interest.  :)

As far as He is concerned, everyone and everything belongs to Him. He just needs to wait long enough.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 16, 2011, 07:21:15 am »

That turned out shorter than I intended because I accidentally deleted half of my writing somehow at one point. >_>

Now we'll see if Death likes to be called 'creature'.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #409 on: April 16, 2011, 07:32:59 am »

That turned out shorter than I intended because I accidentally deleted half of my writing somehow at one point. >_>

Now we'll see if Death likes to be called 'creature'.
Insults don't really faze Him. Everyone curses Death's name and fears His coming. Also: Reply!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 16, 2011, 07:38:25 am »

Hmm, yes, what indeed? I don't think Mahet has anything Death might be interested in. Information, maybe, but I doubt Death is interested in mortals or the real world aside from the date of their deaths.

Goddamnit forsaken.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #411 on: April 16, 2011, 07:40:53 am »

Hmm, yes, what indeed? I don't think Mahet has anything Death might be interested in. Information, maybe, but I doubt Death is interested in mortals or the real world aside from the date of their deaths.

Goddamnit forsaken.
Well.. you have acts. :)

Death drives a hard bargain.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 16, 2011, 07:56:44 am »

This first offer is bound to fail, so that might be my only option.

...though if I wanted to use an Act to save Isra's soul I would've just used it when she died. *sigh*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #413 on: April 16, 2011, 08:01:44 am »

This first offer is bound to fail, so that might be my only option.

...though if I wanted to use an Act to save Isra's soul I would've just used it when she died. *sigh*
I have another idea.

Edit: There, that should be fun.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:19:47 am by forsaken1111 »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 16, 2011, 08:48:35 am »

Mahet gets and Isra and gets to make a less pointless afterlife - this deal turned out much better than I expected. I'll still have to spend that Act, though. Oh well.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #415 on: April 16, 2011, 09:07:48 am »

Mahet gets and Isra and gets to make a less pointless afterlife - this deal turned out much better than I expected. I'll still have to spend that Act, though. Oh well.
This way Death doesn't have to worry about the afterlife, you get the soul you want, and I don't have to spend an act to do what Lavos requested. This way the Final Rest which all souls will be part of will be largely self-regulating since it is shaped by their combined beliefs, expectations and will. No one soul can control it, and it will always conform to what they believe is on the 'other side'. I don't need any guardian or gatekeeper because there is no ACTUAL realm, the souls simply experience the dream state they expect and within that state they can interact with others by the rules they believe such an afterlife should behave.

Everyone wins really.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 16, 2011, 09:16:39 am »

You're not actually doing what Lavos requested, are you? There's no guarantee his followers will dream the afterlife he wants for them.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #417 on: April 16, 2011, 09:22:27 am »

You're not actually doing what Lavos requested, are you? There's no guarantee his followers will dream the afterlife he wants for them.
If he tells them what to expect, and they believe him, they will. Any failure on their part means they were unworthy according to his own standards as they didn't believe in him or the afterlife he promised them.

Edit: Also this kills the flood of "Oh oh make my afterlife too!" requests before it starts.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 16, 2011, 09:28:34 am »

Drawn up short, Death surveyed the building with His gaze, a piercing vision which missed nothing. He saw them now, four men outside the door in crouched stance, and another six downstairs. What was this? Did they mean to attack? Him?

Technically there's no such things as downstairs.

Spoiler: Current Housing (click to show/hide)

Not that you'd have to edit your post for that, though. I thought I'd make things clear on the current state of the tribes to prevent confusion.

Anyways to get to the important stuff: I really liked the dialog between Mahet and Death. Kudos to you.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 09:37:48 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 16, 2011, 06:41:03 pm »

I.. Dare take the bet someone did not ready any other posts. At all.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 58