Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58

Author Topic: Godhood IV OOC Thread  (Read 46752 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood IV OOC Thread
« Reply #345 on: April 12, 2011, 09:03:06 pm »

I must admit that I am slightly peeved that my servant went and got killed off before she had any kids to inherit the scythe.

Guess I'll have to reclaim it for repurposeing.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 12, 2011, 09:04:55 pm »

Alcinoe's gonna make the Ravens into a pimpin' gang, bro.

WATCH YOUR CORNERS, THE MUTHAFUGGIN' RAVENS ARE COMING
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 12, 2011, 09:11:59 pm »

Okay, so Kinare wants to play ball by masquerading as a (false) God?  Fine by me.  Let's see how she copes with four of them suddenly appearing, all acting at cross-purposes, and their priests all answering to me.

Yeah, there's a reason this is all happening to the nearest rivals to her favoured tribe rather than just empowering said tribe.  The Lady believes in harshly Darwinian selection processes.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 12, 2011, 09:54:34 pm »

Not quite the intent I was hoping for, but it works, and in fact is slightly better... Though I shouldn't be surprised that all their intent is focused on weapons and tools.....

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #349 on: April 13, 2011, 12:57:56 am »

The way I'm envisioning it, time is mutable on the plane of Death. Its not useful for any exploitative purposes and it isn't time travel, its just that a minute can seem like a lifetime or 50 years could pass in an eyeblink. Have fun with it, use it in your roleplay if you like. Don't abuse it.

Caesar, if you don't like it let me know and I'll edit.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 13, 2011, 09:37:05 am »

Death takes extra care to guide the dead to their final rests. - One act

Wait really? Guiding a few souls on took an act, even though I specifically said I wanted to save my one act for something later?

If you haven't noticed, I also gave you an extra act for doing just that, so in effect, it cost no acts as all.

The way I'm envisioning it, time is mutable on the plane of Death. Its not useful for any exploitative purposes and it isn't time travel, its just that a minute can seem like a lifetime or 50 years could pass in an eyeblink. Have fun with it, use it in your roleplay if you like. Don't abuse it.

The plane of Death is, in effect, your realm, like Kinaré's Cave is hers. So the workings of time and even laws of nature in their realms are determined by the Gods themselves. As long as people will not stress the boundaries too much, we'll be alright.

I also find it curious to see the Lady testing the extent of her invisible opponent's power.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:58:45 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 13, 2011, 10:02:36 am »

I see Isra's dream manipulations took an Act too, or did you give me an extra act for that as well? I didn't really intend their effects to stick anyhow.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 13, 2011, 10:04:23 am »

Actually, it was giving her that ability with cost an act. For some reason I also added this to that part. My bad, I'll fix it. I also seem to have changed her name several times. Another error I'll correct.

Modified both the wiki page on the turn and the actual post itself.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:09:43 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 13, 2011, 10:37:52 am »

Heh, I didn't actually intend Isra to be from the Tribe of the Lynx. I did leave with very vague, so I guess that's my fault.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 13, 2011, 10:39:32 am »

Ah. My apologies, then.

But changing that might be much more work than the other mistakes.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 13, 2011, 10:41:13 am »

Yeah, I don't really mind. I'll see if I can think up an Act, otherwise I'm going to save this so I can make the big Act next turn.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 13, 2011, 11:28:24 am »

I hope the update didn't disappoint anybody in their expectations, by the way.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 13, 2011, 02:11:01 pm »

That was probably bad timing, as Lavos is already there. Oh well, I think the post turned out nicely and had an actual point, which is always nice.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 13, 2011, 02:46:44 pm »

The plane of Death is, in effect, your realm, like Kinaré's Cave is hers. So the workings of time and even laws of nature in their realms are determined by the Gods themselves. As long as people will not stress the boundaries too much, we'll be alright.

I also find it curious to see the Lady testing the extent of her invisible opponent's power.

Somehow I can't see the Lady ever creating a realm of her own in that way, but I might do something with temples later.  She's a less Elemental god than Death, Destruction, Growth, the Sea or even to an extent Dreams.  A plane of Strife doesn't really make much sense.

The Lady is an embodiment of strife.  That doesn't always mean fighting, but she's got a pretty keen grasp of human nature.  As much as this is testing her invisible opponent's power, she's testing (Kinare's) level of control.  I'm planning a few moves ahead any way.

I wouldn't say I was disappointed in my expectations.  Pleasantly surprised is about right.  I also like the contrast in attitudes that's developing between the chosen servants of the different gods; where Elti more or less hated the Lady by the end (in part due to her failure and the futility of her quest), Isra died hand in hand with Mahet.  Nevertheless, both remained loyal.

Edit:  I'm also not 100% why I had Elti's reunion with the Lady be such a sour one.  It just seemed the appropriate response to an ultimately fruitless lifetime of servitude, especially to such a callous (if not actually uncaring) master.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:48:34 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 13, 2011, 02:57:43 pm »

Somehow I can't see the Lady ever creating a realm of her own in that way, but I might do something with temples later.  She's a less Elemental god than Death, Destruction, Growth, the Sea or even to an extent Dreams.  A plane of Strife doesn't really make much sense.

The Lady is an embodiment of strife.  That doesn't always mean fighting, but she's got a pretty keen grasp of human nature.  As much as this is testing her invisible opponent's power, she's testing (Kinare's) level of control.  I'm planning a few moves ahead any way.

I wouldn't say I was disappointed in my expectations.  Pleasantly surprised is about right.  I also like the contrast in attitudes that's developing between the chosen servants of the different gods; where Elti more or less hated the Lady by the end (in part due to her failure and the futility of her quest), Isra died hand in hand with Mahet.  Nevertheless, both remained loyal.

Edit:  I'm also not 100% why I had Elti's reunion with the Lady be such a sour one.  It just seemed the appropriate response to an ultimately fruitless lifetime of servitude, especially to such a callous (if not actually uncaring) master.

I never stated that the Gods need to form a realm of their own, especially not when it deals with their spheres like the Realm of Dreams and the Realm of the Dead do. The main other reason to form a realm would be to create a sanctuary for the God to remain when they can no longer sustain themselves on the realm of mortals, or to retreat to to recuperate.

Kinaré is a curious Goddess. While it is not very hard for her to test the amount of control and power The Lady has, she finds it curious to try and get to know her, playing a figurative game of chess where either one of them can keep, as you phrased it 'a few moves ahead'. Kinaré respects strife, as it is one of the most important attributes of mortals (and thus, through an extent, one of her own).

Loyalty can be gained in multiple ways.

It seemed appropriate to me indeed. In fact, I did not expect otherwise.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58