Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 58

Author Topic: Godhood IV OOC Thread  (Read 46886 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Godhood IV OOC Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2011, 05:48:35 pm »

I'll do slimes/oozes/jellies for now.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2011, 07:53:47 pm »

Wow, slimes, what are going to do? build a dungeon?

\ | /
 (o)       (Lightbulb!)
 {}

This, a thousand times this! We need to cooperate and create a dungeon for sentients to conquer! Filled with epic creatures of myth and lore, and a grand treasure beyond all comprehension!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2011, 08:00:19 pm »

\ | /
 (o)       (Lightbulb!)
 {}

This, a thousand times this! We need to cooperate and create a dungeon for sentients to conquer! Filled with epic creatures of myth and lore, and a grand treasure beyond all comprehension!
I don't have to 'do' anything. All you gods and your mortals will run around and 'do' things. It doesn't matter. Your corpses are mine in the end. I am the lichen that grows on the rock. I am the mold which consumes your grain. I am the putrefaction which afflicts your wounds and renders your dead back into soil.

I AM YOUR END

...hmm, maybe I will go with the Lord of Decay angle after all. That feels more superfun. Edit!

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2011, 09:55:39 pm »

\ | /
 (o)       (Lightbulb!)
 {}

I don't have to 'do' anything. All you gods and your mortals will run around and 'do' things. It doesn't matter. Your corpses are mine in the end. I am the lichen that grows on the rock. I am the mold which consumes your grain. I am the putrefaction which afflicts your wounds and renders your dead back into soil.

I AM YOUR END

Well...

I AM EVERYTHING'S (subtle) END, INCLUDING YOUR PITIFUL MOLD.

... man, its hard being so subtle with my hints at times.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2011, 10:02:42 pm »

Heh, I like how players are manning up and taking the role of antagonist, like with Forsaken in the first godhood.

:)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2011, 10:28:44 pm »

Heh, I like how players are manning up and taking the role of antagonist, like with Forsaken in the first godhood.

Excepting I'm not the antagonist, I'm the super-secret final boss.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2011, 10:52:42 pm »

Excepting I'm not the antagonist, I'm the super-secret final boss.
Not so secret, and I seriously doubt you will be the end. :P

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2011, 04:24:37 am »

There's no such thing as antagonists.
Even Gods of destruction are not antagonists, and will never destroy everything.

Why? Doing so ensures their own end, after there would be nothing left to destroy.
Besides- Good and Evil are not set in stone.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2011, 04:38:11 am »

Well, antagonists through my perspective ;)

I'm glad that you and I share similar opinions, Caesar.

I've always thought that good and evil are subjective, but everyone I know raeges and says "no fucking way, bro."
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2011, 05:49:59 am »

Well, I know for sure that I can not know for sure whether morality is objective or subjective.
What I can know for certain, however, is that our take on morality is subjective, and that thus the only morality that matters is the 'our morality'.

In Godhood, the Gods are the most powerful beings. Seeing how even they can not know the objective morality, assuming that it exists, they must be the ones 'making' right and wrong.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2011, 09:01:04 am »

I've always thought that good and evil are subjective.
They really are subjective. Mind flayers in D&D are actually time-traveling colonists from the far future who were attempting to avert the destruction of the entire world but most people see them as 'brain eating squid-faced slavers'. To a mind flayer, its society is good and just. Humans are animals, barely more intelligent than cows or chickens and mostly useful for their tasty foods and physical labor. Just as we use oxen to pull carts, they use humans (and elves, etc) to dress stone and construct buildings.

A mind flayer knows that if it does well, its mind will live on for eternity in the communal pool where it merges with an entity as strong as some gods. It knows that its race has a history that stretches beyond time, and are privy to secrets that most never even dream of. It cannot comprehend the human hatred and defiance in the face of its superior intellect and morality, it would be like cows taking up arms and campaigning against people to protect a few acres of pasture while wildfires threaten the entire farm and the farmers are trying to get the cows to safety. The illithid fights for the entirety of the universe because they /know/ for a fact that it will end in cataclysm and their ancestors sent their entire race back in time to prevent it.

Unfortunately that event also rendered them unable to prevent it, thus trapping them in a loop. Fucking with time is bad.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 09:04:11 am by forsaken1111 »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2011, 09:01:43 am »

That's everybody except dragnar. He hasn't posted anywhere in a while, but is online almost every day. Guess we should PM him?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2011, 09:25:56 am »

I've always thought that good and evil are subjective.
They really are subjective. Mind flayers in D&D are actually time-traveling colonists from the far future who were attempting to avert the destruction of the entire world but most people see them as 'brain eating squid-faced slavers'. To a mind flayer, its society is good and just. Humans are animals, barely more intelligent than cows or chickens and mostly useful for their tasty foods and physical labor. Just as we use oxen to pull carts, they use humans (and elves, etc) to dress stone and construct buildings.

A mind flayer knows that if it does well, its mind will live on for eternity in the communal pool where it merges with an entity as strong as some gods. It knows that its race has a history that stretches beyond time, and are privy to secrets that most never even dream of. It cannot comprehend the human hatred and defiance in the face of its superior intellect and morality, it would be like cows taking up arms and campaigning against people to protect a few acres of pasture while wildfires threaten the entire farm and the farmers are trying to get the cows to safety. The illithid fights for the entirety of the universe because they /know/ for a fact that it will end in cataclysm and their ancestors sent their entire race back in time to prevent it.

Unfortunately that event also rendered them unable to prevent it, thus trapping them in a loop. Fucking with time is bad.

Still, we can't know for certain whether morality is objective or not.
It might actually be objective. Yet even if it is, in our subjective minds this subjective morality has no use to us. We will not know it, nor can we use it.

Thus, it is irrelevant whether morality is objective.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2011, 10:17:08 am »

Restating for clarity:  There may be an objective morality in a Godhood game, but the gods will never know what it is.  They are free to define their own moral constraints and impose them upon the world at large.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2011, 10:25:56 am »

I am Caesar and I approve that message.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 58