Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 58

Author Topic: Godhood IV OOC Thread  (Read 46888 times)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood IV OOC Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 09:15:12 am »

Are there going to be mortals (err, sentient ones, that is) already in existance when the gods awaken? Because I've got a nice first Act already thought up, which requires dreamers. It might actually affect Ghazkull's goddess as well, now that I think about it.

Yes. That was the idea. To prevent people going crazy and immediately creating multitudes of races for me to keep track of, I decided to start this Godhood game with primitive cultures around the globe.

Are we full up? I'd kinda like to participate.

We are. Sorry.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 10:20:10 am »

question who was the guy with the banjo-clowns again that astra'th ate?

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 10:26:12 am »

Someone named dwarfguy2

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2011, 02:06:09 pm »

Elan, god of puppetry and plagiarism, I believe.  =P
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2011, 02:34:39 pm »

Quite right.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2011, 02:35:43 pm »

I shall have to find some opportunity to implement my god at a later date in a later game then.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2011, 03:30:25 pm »

Name of god: Droth'allor
Titles: none
Description of character: Droth'allor will not stop until sanity is no more in this world,
he is ruthless, relentless and unpredictable. Droth'allor declares war on all without the veins of madness running through their bodies. He is as mad as his sphere, and his plans are usually not very well thought about. Droth'allor does not deal with other deities, and usually ignores them or attack on sight.
Spheres: Madness
Manifests as: A human-like being, but with a tail filled with pikes, his left arm being a tentacle twice as long as a normal one, his right hand having nails as long as its fingers, instead of feet having pointy spikes that he stabs into the ground so he doesn't falls over, and a rather attractive face with black/brown hair which doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the body. Finally, he has yellow/purple veins which run through his entire body except for his face and give him a very scary appearance. (the rest of his body is like that of a human) He wears nothing, except for a pelt of some weird wolf-like creature on his back.
Characteristic animal: wolf
Secondary source of power: none
Divine responsibility: none
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 01:32:04 pm by Atilliano »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2011, 04:38:32 pm »

Name of God: Lavos
Titles:N/A
Description of Character: Lavos is impulsive, focusing on short-term goals, and tends to persue them as he thinks of them. He is brash and inconsiderate of other gods, and prefers to keep his own council.
Spheres:Destruction
Manifests as: An incredibly tall, muscled man with spiky red hair. Lines of magic flow throughout his body, similarly to a mortal's circulatory system.
Characteristic Animal:Tiger
Secondary source of Power:N/A
Divine responsibility:N/A
(So are we allowed to pick a Responsibility this time?)
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2011, 04:43:46 pm »

I think. I think it's established that the world was already created through the reign of whatever equivelent we have to the Titans.

Speaking of which Chlorine is going to consider himself a Titan. Just BTW.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2011, 04:56:54 pm »

Name of God: Drula'ru Nen-su Voi-nu Flup-vu
Titles: None
Description of Character: Drula'ru is the patron of the quiet, dark places of the world where mold and fungus and slime molds grow. He is the god of nature in the depths, and his domain encompasses all of the deep places of the world. His are they who cause decay and putrefaction, who live on the remnants and scavenge amongst the dead. He is the god of slime, mold, fungus and all other manner of underground flora. He has a long vision, often making plans decades in advance, and he is in no hurry to see them come to fruition. Time has little meaning to him, and he is capable of waiting centuries for the right opportunity.
Sphere: Death
Manifests as: Drula'ru appears as a massive fungal growth in the vague shape of a man. His head, a giant mushroom cap, is red with mottled blue and yellow spots while his body is covered with striated white and black ridges which form hypnotic patterns. A constant rain of fuzzy spores fall from his great cap, drifting to the ground like soft white snow and blowing in the wind.
Characteristic Animal: Slimes, Oozes and Jellies
Secondary source of Power: None
Divine responsibility: None

I was thinking of doing something with technology but we have one already so... god of fungus and slime. Yay.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:53:44 am by forsaken1111 »

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2011, 05:19:38 pm »

Name of God: Kath
Description of Character: Kath is not one to reveal his actions to other. He does not do things without reason, or act so rashly like others with his powers. He seeks to push down dominos, so to speak, not to slam down at the table. He is willing to take his time.
Spheres: Apocolypse (actual sphere), The Moon (What other gods/mortals shall know his sphere as [i.e. this is not a actual sphere])
Manifests as: He is a shadow on the wall. His features as distorted as a shadow is to a moving light, never appearing quite the same. Yet, unlike the shadow on the wall, he can jump and explore the world in all directions, even into the light. In darkness, he cannot be seen, for he IS the darkness, so to speak.
Characteristic Animal: Black Owls

(subtle) God of the apocolypse!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:52:45 pm by Humaan »
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2011, 05:28:49 pm »

Description of Character: Drula'ru is the patron of the quiet, dark places of the world where mold and fungus and slime molds grow. He is the god of nature in the depths, and his domain encompasses all of the deep places of the world. His are they who cause decay and putrefaction, who live on the remnants and scavenge amongst the dead. He is the god of slime, mold, fungus and all other manner of underground flora. He has a long vision, often making plans decades in advance, and he is in no hurry to see them come to fruition. Time has little meaning to him, and he is capable of waiting centuries for the right opportunity.
Sphere: Fungus
Manifests as: Drula'ru appears as a massive fungal growth in the vague shape of a man. His head, a giant mushroom cap, is red with mottled blue and yellow spots while his body is covered with striated white and black ridges which form hypnotic patterns. A constant rain of fuzzy spores fall from his great cap, drifting to the ground like soft white snow and blowing in the wind.
Characteristic Animal: None

I was thinking of doing something with technology but we have one already so... god of fungus and slime. Yay.
[/quote]

You still need a Characteristic Animal.
That, and perhaps you could broaden your sphere somewhat, yet keep it to encompass fungi? I can only begin to imagine you might have a hard time playing a God of Fungus.
If you're determined, though, the choice is all yours.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2011, 05:35:25 pm »

God of Decay?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2011, 05:39:38 pm »

That, and perhaps you could broaden your sphere somewhat, yet keep it to encompass fungi? I can only begin to imagine you might have a hard time playing a God of Fungus.
I couldn't think of a good way to encompass the idea in one word.

God of Decay?
Perhaps. I'm looking into it. I think I would be fine playing as a god of fungus, as fungus is already an incredibly broad category. Just being 'god of decay' sounds more like a death and disease thing where I'm angling for more of an 'underground nature' god.

Fake Edit: Aha, Eukaryotes. That covers slime molds, fungus, yeasts, etc and in a fantasy context could broaden to cover things like classic slimes, jellies, ooze, etc.

Edit: Do I really need an animal? It wouldn't really make sense yet unless there already exist higher-order fungal life forms. I guess I could just go with slimes.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 05:43:16 pm by forsaken1111 »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2011, 05:47:02 pm »

I couldn't think of a good way to encompass the idea in one word.

God of Decay?
Perhaps. I'm looking into it. I think I would be fine playing as a god of fungus, as fungus is already an incredibly broad category. Just being 'god of decay' sounds more like a death and disease thing where I'm angling for more of an 'underground nature' god.

Fake Edit: Aha, Eukaryotes. That covers slime molds, fungus, yeasts, etc and in a fantasy context could broaden to cover things like classic slimes, jellies, ooze, etc.

Edit: Do I really need an animal? It wouldn't really make sense yet unless there already exist higher-order fungal life forms. I guess I could just go with slimes.

Well.. As the main thing the animal covers for the start is covered by your sphere- You can get off without an animal.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 58