Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 58

Author Topic: Godhood IV OOC Thread  (Read 46599 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood IV OOC Thread
« Reply #750 on: July 03, 2011, 05:57:11 am »

FINALLY POSTED FUCK YES

Lawsome.  Liked Chlorine's mask opening, thematically very nice.

Incidentally, in preparation for next turn: The eternal sleeper in the forest - would he be willing to make a promise of service in return for being freed from his confinement?  I don't need confirmation that he would actually follow through on said promise once released, just if he would say 'yes'.  The Lady is unlikely to spend an Act freeing him if he just says "No, screw you!  Oohhh the pain..." after all.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 03, 2011, 06:01:18 am »

Thanks! I personally felt it was a bit rushed, and I didn't have Chlorine do any dialogue because I don't think I could have captured his blind arrogance well :P
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 04, 2011, 09:45:28 am »

So I did a map for the Godhood IV setting whilst I was on holiday, it's been lying around in my hard drive for a week whilst I meant to get around to uploading it.  Taken a few liberties with overall design (which should be Caesar's element) but I really wanted some geographical frames of reference.

The central continent is semi-deliberately a Pangaea, but the whole southern plains area is on the verge of an eventual separation into a subcontinent (see continental drift below).  Obviously the whole map could change as a result of drift or divine intervention.

Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 04, 2011, 10:05:10 am »

I.... just... ghh?

You are a god, Iituem. And holy fuck an actual realistic world map what is this I mean holy fuck
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 04, 2011, 10:35:12 am »

Wow... that is awesome.

O-o I really don't know what to say.

Other than holy hell, you put a lot of work into that.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #755 on: July 04, 2011, 10:41:36 am »

That's amazing! Also, welcome back.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 04, 2011, 11:31:13 am »

Wow, an actual factual map so that the supposed general refrences that used to be used to generally know where the general location and point of reference of other things and people are, is now obsolete...

I just dont like my position... And I cant stop staring at it and putting it into my mind and traversing it in great detail...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 04, 2011, 12:20:44 pm »

The tribe positions really are guesswork based off the Turn 0 posts.  Caesar references positions relating to 'northwestern plains' or 'the great jungle', but nothing more definite than that, so I've had to do a bit of deduction based on what ended up being created.  There ended up being at least two potential 'tribe of the wolf' locations that were equally valid, so I put queries after both of them.  I didn't entirely intend for the south-eastern corner of the continent to be uninhabited, but maybe it just hasn't been noticed yet - not as if we have any actual city-states in existence right now.

Also, thanks for the compliments!  A map like that really only takes about 2 hours to put together, and that's because I move fairly slowly.  Someone with art skills could have done it in an hour, I reckon.  But I used to make these sorts of maps years ago when I was starting out DMing for D&D.  DF's world generator would probably have been even better if I'd had the program on the laptop at the time.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 04, 2011, 12:45:02 pm »

That looks great.

Actually, give me a bit to look it through and compare it to the vague drawing I must have had somewhere inside my mind, and if the tribe locations match well enough (which I think they do) we'll make it the official map.

I have run into some problems with dissociation from Godhood after all the inactive time, so the turn post is taking longer than expected. Top that with teachers assigning senseless last-minute stuff and I can fill another day. But no more. I dislike procrastination, and I have vowed to combat it.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 04, 2011, 02:41:43 pm »

I find just reading through the thread a couple of times works - can be hard to get your mind back into the grove after all our inactivity.  =B

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 04, 2011, 04:09:11 pm »

It can partly be blamed on my short attention span.

Edit: The main continent (which I named secretly named 'The Womb of Gods' in my mental notes) is indeed meant to be pretty much a Pangaea. The Gods are not able to see beyond the oceans, as eventually their divine senses are restricted to their areas of influence. (Dear Anea is an exception. She should be able to vaguely sense something in the background.)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:38:00 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 06, 2011, 02:50:11 pm »

The sudden resurgence of activity here has re-activated my old compulsive habit of checking the thread repeatedly.  =B

How's the turn post going, Caesar?  Much Fun awaits the world in Turn 3. =D

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 06, 2011, 02:51:23 pm »

With good fortune, I'll be able to get it up tomorrow.

But once again- Do not trust my predictions. Especially not in this very last week of school where we are suddenly bombarded with meaningless assignments.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 06, 2011, 02:54:52 pm »

Much Fun indeed! Unfortunately I still most likely won't have enough Acts for my next... Act. >_>

No matter, plenty of things to do with the Final Rest and such.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 06, 2011, 02:56:07 pm »

Depending on how something develops tomorrow, I might feel either very bad OR very good.

In either case, it is good for writing.

It might influence how good it is for Kinaré's world and Gods, however.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 58