Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 58

Author Topic: Godhood IV OOC Thread  (Read 46615 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood IV OOC Thread
« Reply #630 on: May 06, 2011, 09:08:58 pm »

Wait, if this plays out to Karne's desires, does this mean he's going to become a dead god or summat?

Or is he just trying to leave the game? I'm not sure.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #631 on: May 06, 2011, 09:13:43 pm »

Well what happens ingame will be interesting. I don't know if his intent is to leave the game though.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 06, 2011, 10:25:40 pm »

The thing about writing fight scenes for things like this is that it's not good to write how the other characters are affected, like how you did.

I'm alright with the idea of Alcinoe getting hurt, but you should let me write the exact bits and pieces.

What if I wanted Alcinoe to be flung into the Aether and carve out a celestial realm from her fall or summat?

What if Caesar didn't want the Cave to be burned and stuff? Could a god of our pitiful power-level even damage it?

You should let the others write the bits where they play out how they're affected themselves, Karny.

Sorry. See, this is why I ran it in the OOC thread first (I actually typed it up in the Play thread but I decided at the last minute to run it by you guys.)

Also the cave wasn't as much burnt as slightly singed, which a god with 2 acts worth of explosive power ought to be able to do.

I was trying to give you as much slack as I could but still write a sort of scene where I could have the desired amount of Oomph behind it, which is hard to do since my plans have a tendency to be so convoluted it would be like trying to read Homestuck in an hour, and people tend to muck it up, which ends up with me getting frustrated trying to do what I want against what everyone else is trying to do and yadda yadda.

As for death, I thought you guys had made it so that the realm of death was whatever they thought it would be mixed with what they deserved? So Chlorine thought he would be going to the home of the titans, but since he was an arrogant dickhead he gets to go there but never arrive, just walk and walk and walk.

Gah, see? Chlorines fucking with my head. I need to eaither (A) take a break or (B) take over as some mortals where I can screw about on a scale too small to step on anyones toes.

I'm just having a bad game this time around. A Villain I am not.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #633 on: May 06, 2011, 10:32:01 pm »

As for death, I thought you guys had made it so that the realm of death was whatever they thought it would be mixed with what they deserved? So Chlorine thought he would be going to the home of the titans, but since he was an arrogant dickhead he gets to go there but never arrive, just walk and walk and walk.
That was the idea, yes. But first I have to take you there. Death collects the souls, either in person or via the Black Throne, and guides them to the Final Rest which manifests as whatever your mind expects your afterlife to be.

A god's soul, Death would come for personally. You can roleplay him grievously wounded and bleeding out, even falling unconscious, but you won't actually die until I take you. For most people it's automatic, Death wills the Throne to pass them into His realm.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 06, 2011, 10:39:15 pm »

Though, since the relative distances are fairly vague, a fiery explosion will affect more than just those involved...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 06, 2011, 10:39:57 pm »

Well, that rules out the explosion bit, since there isn't much to gather after you go Nova...

Acanthus, should we do a swordfight? And if so, how will we manage to pull off a double-ended-sword-fight between gods?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 06, 2011, 10:49:16 pm »

Yeah, a swordfight sounds good. Also, what d'you mean by 'double-ended', if you don't mind this incompetent boob asking?

YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #637 on: May 06, 2011, 11:07:09 pm »

Well, that rules out the explosion bit, since there isn't much to gather after you go Nova...
Eh, it's not a problem. Death will hook your soul out of the largest gooey bit left behind, or it will just be floating there unconscious and he'll collect it

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 07, 2011, 02:26:07 am »

I wouldn't need approval to burn down a hut. I would need to coordinate if I wanted to destroy the realm of dreams. :P

That seems like a pretty logical next step if he wants more souls. Mahet might have something to say about that, though.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 07, 2011, 05:27:49 am »

To be clear, is the Crucible still feeding Death power as well or has the entire thing gone useless to him? He's very likely to just rip it out and destroy it as a failed experiment if so.

It will in fact generate power from the dead, although the Shaper will absorb most of it.

I want to run this by you guys because I seem to be playing badly this iteration. It's the scene of Chlorines death, hopefully.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So yeah, it kicks everyone out of Kinare's cave, Kills off Chlorine (who's getting harder and harder to write, even as his boasts get more and more badass, simply bnecause of the sheer ego involved), and should leave it open enough, hopefully. But I'm still not happy with it and will take any advice with due consideration.  :)

If you both intend to hold a swordfight, why not write the post together, switching perspectives as you go?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 05:34:33 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 07, 2011, 08:31:19 am »

Yeah, a swordfight sounds good. Also, what d'you mean by 'double-ended', if you don't mind this incompetent boob asking?
Meaning tyring to write a swordfight from two perspectives is hard. We need a plan as to where exactly we end up after each post.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 07, 2011, 08:35:03 am »

Which is why I proposed you could do it together.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 07, 2011, 08:46:19 am »

I'll have to avoid using Acts this turn. But that's what I was supposed to be doing last turn as well, and look at what happened. >_>
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 07, 2011, 09:55:58 am »

Meaning tyring to write a swordfight from two perspectives is hard. We need a plan as to where exactly we end up after each post.

Let's work something through PMs, maybe?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 07, 2011, 05:17:06 pm »

A golem named Golum...

This is what I origionally thought I would be making when I took on the role as a god of technology, that and bending the laws of physics so that I can make obsidian rocks do whatever I want them to...
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 58