Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Deepdungeons (succesion fort/community game)  (Read 7874 times)

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deepdungeons reclaim (succesion fort/community game)
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 07:27:56 pm »

Expedition Log of Zech Thosbutzasit, 1st Granite, 251

Well we've finally arrived at the site where we will build Tholedir, Deepdungeons. With me is plisskin Cilobnokgol, a miner and mechanic who has expressed interest in learning animal training and care, Deviled Besmaremgash a miner and mason, Deathsword Rutomuthkat a taxidermist, Magentawolf Tekkudthestar, a mechanic, Vanlade, a swordsdwarf and Olin Oslandgrim a peasant. I have ordered that a passage to the underground be built, for that is where we will set up our quarters, farm and the passage to the dungeons.

Unfortunately, though Mel Bakatara, lord of the castle has no objections to our presence, Ret Ramkalthil, an Axeman apparently objected to our plans to build a dangerous, monster-filled dungeon under the castle. Fortunately, we managed to lock him on top of one of the towers so hopefully he will be unable to harm us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 07:37:44 pm »

When you say that the castle lord has no objections, does that mean he was... neutralized?

Or is he still alive?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2011, 04:39:47 am »

he has an unforchunat accident concerning arsnic coated wall paper and a sobering desire to redecorate.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2011, 07:25:27 am »

No, it means he's friendly, but the Axeman is not.

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2011, 08:06:13 am »

Expedition Log of Zech Thosbutzasit, 1st Slate, 251

Unfortunately, we ran into the aquifer much quicker than I expected. I have ordered plisskin and Deviled to try to find a way under it by tunneling under the side of the hill, however, they have not had much success thus far, so for now I will have them finish the farming area. I have ordered Olin to cut down some trees. He has no skills in that area, or in any practical field, but he will just have to learn on the job. He will also handle the planting. I am working on some beds and a table and chair so I can have an office of sorts. It will be in the main keep where the lord lives. I am also speaking with him about some improvements to the castle. The keep, for instance, which is now pretty much just a box, will be expanded with upper levels and actual rooms. A dining hall will also be constructed, as well as the accommodations for our workers.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
Re: Deepdungeons (succesion fort/community game)
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2011, 08:10:26 am »

Valrandir would gladly take the overseer place for a season to deal with the aquifer, then go back to his swordsman training as before.

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 08:27:40 am »

Expedition Log of Zech Thosbutzasit, 19th Felsite, 251

Since Vanlade has weapon skills I have set up a barracks for him. It only contains an armor rack for now, as I have decided to take some time to update our records, and then I will create a weapon rack as well. I also crafted a wooden training sword.

I have decided to make an attempt to pierce the aquifer. If this doesn't work I will leave it for later. I will however be deconstructing part of the main keep so I can use the stones from it.

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 08:33:55 am »

Expedition Log of Zech Thosbutzasit, 26th Felsite, 251

That Axeman scared Deathsword as he was storing an object (wood logs, I believe) in a stockpile. He is still stuck on top of the tower, however he has a tendency to yell and curse at any dwarves that come near. We might have to do something about him eventually...

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 08:52:44 am »

Expedition Log of Zech Thosbutzasit, 18th Malachite, 251

I'm getting sick of doing all this woodworking. Stone! That is my true passion. So I will soon be concluding my plan to breach the aquifer. The mechanisms will soon be finished. Then that aquifer will get what's coming to it!

We have some migrants, three to be precise, a Hunter, an Armorer and a Craftsdwarf. I haven't gotten a chance to look at they're skills more in-depth.

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2011, 09:20:15 am »

Expedition Log of Zech Thosbutzasit, 5th Limestone

It appears my attempt to pierce the aquifer was successful. I'm ordering my miners to dig out a stairway down through that level. Hopefully there will not be a second aquifer level below that. Our food supplies are extremely low, so I have ordered that the Horse, Yak Bull and Rooster we brought with us be slaughtered. I have also ordered that nest boxes be constructed for our hens so that we will have eggs. I was going to breed more chickens with the rooster, but have decided against that. For now we just need eggs.

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 09:36:38 am »

Expedition Log of Zech Thosbutzasit, 4th Sandstone

I have just received word that not only has our effort to pierce the aquifer been successful, but we have struck hematite!

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2011, 10:08:07 am »

I forgot to mention that I created a new world with more minerals. This was after I upgraded to the new version. I hope that's not a problem for anyone.

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2011, 10:13:35 am »

Expedition Log of Zech Thosbutzasit, 4th Moonstone

The caravan and outpost liaison have arrived. We traded some rock crafts to the caravan for various things- seeds, barrels, drinks, food, some training weapons and armor, that sort of thing. I will soon be meeting with the outpost liaison.

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2011, 10:27:18 am »

Expedition Log of Zech Thosbutzasit, 23rd Moonstone

Bad news! I have just heard from the liasion that, effective this coming spring I will be removed from my position as foreman! Apparently they are displeased with my lack of progress on the project. It's not my fault! I needed to set up the basic necessities for my workers. But it si set in stone now. I was asked for a suggestion to replace me and I choose Magentawolf. Hopefully he will be better at this than I was.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2011, 10:29:28 am »

Good Progress Keeper
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8