Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tileset  (Read 1749 times)

DR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tileset
« on: May 20, 2007, 11:04:00 am »

Releasing another tileset update if anyone's interested. Like the last couple it's only especially useful if you play adventure mode, but there's a few fortress mode tiles in there too. This version adds walruses, whales, mermaids, griffins, stranglers, grimelings, elf children, a bunch of animal undeads, dwarven outpost liasons, human diplomats, human guards, dwarf royal guards, nightwings (thanks Shanty!), human champions, and fixes all of the previously broken human undead. Demon  still doesn't work, and I still have no idea why.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NEI0S97R

[ May 20, 2007: Message edited by: DR ]

DR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tileset
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 11:05:00 am »

Arggh. Quote is not edit. Quote is not edit.

Jaqie Fox

• Bay Watcher
  • Genuine Girl Techie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 03:21:00 pm »

hehe I like the one 15 down 4 right best.
It looks neat.

Lord_Daeloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 04:28:00 pm »

awesome, Awesome, AWESOME!

Edit:  Except I can't seem to download it... mirrors?

[ May 20, 2007: Message edited by: Lord_Daeloth ]

DR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 06:17:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Daeloth:
<STRONG>awesome, Awesome, AWESOME!

Edit:  Except I can't seem to download it... mirrors?

[ May 20, 2007: Message edited by: Lord_Daeloth ]</STRONG>

As it happens, FFT has just very kindly provided a mirror.
http://chickenninja.com/df/raw.rar

Or, for your convenience, Dominic White has packaged the latest version of the game together with this object tileset and Herrbdog's awesome 16x16 tiles. FFT has once again kindly provided hosting, and you can get that here:
http://chickenninja.com/df/dwarfrepack.rar

Elshar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cheekan.org
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 06:55:00 pm »

Wow, that is really really awesome.  :)
arr!

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 10:59:00 am »

Thanks DR!

And thanks Dominic and Herrbdog!

This mix of objects and tiles is the best so far. Great work all!

"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 05:07:00 pm »

So, of all the official creatures in DF, how many have been given a graphical tileset in Dysotopian Rhetoric?

DR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 05:33:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by lumin:
<STRONG>So, of all the official creatures in DF, how many have been given a graphical tileset in Dysotopian Rhetoric?</STRONG>

Most of them... well, sort of. I'm reasonable sure that every default large creature is done. Most of the job types that can be reasonably anticipated for those creatures are also in, except the elf champion and guards.

A large proportion of the undead are done, but there are still a few missing.

There's been very little progress so far on child forms for most animals and monsters, on the basis that they only actually occur in the game in very specific circumstances. Shanty made a groovy set of semi-megabeast kids today though, so there's progress on that front.

Fish and small animals... similarly. They wouldn't display right now even if they were included, but it's forseeable that they might be some day, so it's probably worth including them.

And of course, the new version adds new creatures...

Elshar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cheekan.org
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 05:58:00 pm »

Cool. I guess I've been using it for a few weeks now and I still really like it. I think really the only thing it's missing is some of the objects and the fortress/royal guards. One of them ends up looking like a goblin soldier. I can't remember which one now. I'll find out once I get those nobles in this fort.

I wonder how easy it would be to add barrels, bins etc to it?

arr!

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 08:01:00 pm »

Not very possible.  Barrels are quotient symbols and bins are X symbols; these are defined in the font and not in the creature tileset.

After he finally fully dilates and gives birth to the new version, Toady might start adding support for full-colour terrain tiles as well.  (He's been in labour for what, six months?  Beat that, ladies!*)

* The previous comment was not intended to be construed as misogynist, but was rather intended in good humour.  I'm not misogynist, or indeed discriminatory in any way.  Except against those no-good dolphins.  !*#%ing sea rats.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

DR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 08:40:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Elshar:
<STRONG>Cool. I guess I've been using it for a few weeks now and I still really like it. I think really the only thing it's missing is some of the objects and the fortress/royal guards. One of them ends up looking like a goblin soldier. I can't remember which one now. I'll find out once I get those nobles in this fort.

I wonder how easy it would be to add barrels, bins etc to it?</STRONG>

The royal guard thing has me stumped. You're the second person to mention it, but I can't seem to find the error in the text file. Goblins and the royal guard even draw from different image files, so I'm not sure how they could actually get confused.

If you could find out which one it is though, that'd help a lot.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 05:42:00 am »

Don't know if you already caught this but there is a spelling error with the dwarven liasion.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

DR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 11:28:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Metalax:
<STRONG>Don't know if you already caught this but there is a spelling error with the dwarven liasion.</STRONG>

Cheers. There were a huge number of errors this last version apparently.

DR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2007, 06:08:00 pm »

New version out if anyone's interested.
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Object_Tilesets#Dystopian_Rhetoric

Adds elf champions, guards, large rats, zombie weapon users and child forms for everything. Except cave crocodiles and giant leopards. Fuck those guys.

The Bookkeeper, Guildmaster, House Rash representative, Order of the Weapon nobles, farmers, beak dogs, batmen, human crossbowmen, foul blendecs, giant rats and probably a couple of others that I've forgotten about have been tweaked and possibly even marginally improved.

Various overlapping or badly assigned tiles have been fixed.

Pages: [1] 2