Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: injured dwarf uses?  (Read 2078 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: injured dwarf uses?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 12:47:48 pm »

Pshaw, make him a magma explorer. Give him the finest accomodations known to dwarf, then drop him into the magma sea to see what he can see before the sea sees him off.

Or make him a military commander.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 12:53:57 pm »

Put him in a squad of training wrestlers.  His military experience will help train the recruits faster!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 01:20:49 pm »

...Do dwarves need arms to give weapon demonstrations? Somehow I don't think so.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 01:34:14 pm »

Probably not, but they only train the weapon they have, so he'd train wrestling.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 03:28:46 pm »

Ah, so they only pass on the skills they're capable of using right that second?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 03:33:06 pm »

Not sure, but I think that when they're leading a demonstration, they're demonstrating what they're doing.  It'll probably only show "Leading Wrestling Demonstration" or Dodging, maybe Kicking and Biting.  I have no proof for this, but I imagine it would work like this.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 03:49:19 pm »

New mayor?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

scotch208

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 04:54:54 pm »

New mayor?

HA! RIGHT after i read your post he was appointed to mayor.

..... and now the 'Cancel store owned item: to injured.' begins
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:56:45 pm by scotch208 »
-The Dwarf Creed-
This is my workshop. There are many like it but this one is mine. It is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without my workshop I am useless. I must use my workshop well. I must work harder than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. He must have fun before I do. I will make it so. Before Armok I swear this creed: my workshop and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it. Amen.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 05:20:22 pm »

starve him until he goes berserk (scum if necessary) then lock him in a cage and keep him somewhere he can boost morale.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 05:31:26 pm »

Easier to assign him a lot of war/hunting animals, then butcher them.  Suddenly losing a dozen pets hurts morale.  Although, ordering him to pull a lever that locks the door behind him, waiting until he's starving for a while, then letting him out, could work too.  Can grasp-less dwarves pull levers?  That was a silly question, they'll use their tongues!
Pages: 1 [2]