Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: injured dwarf uses?  (Read 2081 times)

scotch208

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
injured dwarf uses?
« on: March 20, 2011, 01:49:25 am »

I have a Legendary axe,shield,dodge,fight and armor user dwarf that single-handedly held off a goblin siege all by himself as the rest of the fort made it to safety. Unfortunately he took an arrow or 2 (there were 3 arrows on his hospital bed) through the upper arms and well as war hammer blows ect. He has motor and sensory nerve damage and has lost the ability to grasp in both arms.

So is there any use for a dwarf who can't hold anything?
-The Dwarf Creed-
This is my workshop. There are many like it but this one is mine. It is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without my workshop I am useless. I must use my workshop well. I must work harder than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. He must have fun before I do. I will make it so. Before Armok I swear this creed: my workshop and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it. Amen.

CinnibarMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: injured dwarf uses?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 02:05:51 am »

Nerve damage... sounds like a goner.

He might still axe people with his mouth though.
Burning and raping the land is recreational. Where business is concerned, though, sustainability is the name of the game.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 02:07:47 am »

Sentry. Build him a bed in your entrance.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 02:59:50 am »

Justice,  make him your captian of the guard.
Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 03:01:56 am »

Worship.  Encase him in glass walls in the center of your dining room, and feed him via trapdoor.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 03:43:17 am »

War, send him into battle still. He doesn't need to grab anything, he'll fight with his legs and the clothes on his back.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 04:35:12 am »

I'm with malroth; make him Captain of the Guard so that beatings are limited to severe pushings.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 04:37:58 am »

I'm with malroth; make him Captain of the Guard so that beatings are limited to severe pushings.
He will soon become a legendary kicker and biter. He will bite the fingers off of the criminals while curb stomping them.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 05:33:56 am »

Sentry.
Justice,
Worship.

War,
Dwarf Fortress

:P

Back OT, I usually reserve nice places for my fallen warriors. Had one dude who lost both arms and a leg. He had a gold plated room filled with masterwork depictions of him decapitating forgotten beasts. He eventually died of old age. But he was happy. :D
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Ovg

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥ Pretty Princess ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 05:55:11 am »

I too make some "Veteran's homes" for my warriors with nerve damage, giving them golden everything. It's nice to see little fellas happy.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 06:10:50 am »

Bait for a trap?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 07:56:45 am »

You can always put him civilian.  Have him make weapons that he can no longer use himself.

deknegt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 08:28:52 am »

T'is just a flesh wound.

I would just give him a honorary position in your fort. Just so that he can rest away the final years of his life yelling at those dwarven kids and their boogie-woogies.

Hellmoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Exports: Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 08:53:06 am »

I would just give him a honorary position in your fort. Just so that he can rest away the final years of his life yelling at those dwarven kids and their boogie-woogies.

Sissy talk! He still has legs, teeth and the booze-driven spirit of Dwarfliness; I say you keep sending him solo into sieges and ambushes, until his only recourse is to blink furiously at his enemies.
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 09:01:25 am »

I'd normally agree, but only if he's already wearing armor.  Dwarves must be able to grasp to be able to put on armor, otherwise they go naked.  If he's in armor, send in the Furious Dwarven Teeth and Stubbly Power Feet.
Pages: [1] 2