Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Northern Frontier - Freeform, open-ended D&D 3.5e (Always Recruiting)  (Read 12683 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The height and weight is linked togeather. You have to roll height first then times the extra inches by the weight gain.

So Half-orcs start at four feet and ten inches. Then you roll a 2d12 to find out your end height. Say you roll a 5 and a 6. So that would make you Five feet and nine inches, not bad Exactly average in fact. Then you roll your weight and get a 1 and a 4. So you take the 11 from the height and times it by 4 to get 44 pounds, thus your total weight is 194 pounds. You a normal height and normal weight, maybe a bit on the thin side but not enough to really notice.

Now that is the rolling method. Most people just chose how they want to look, for a Half-orc male they would chose anywhere from five feet to six feet ten inches and 154 pounds to 438 pounds.

Although really, nothing is stopping you from going beyond the guide lines and weighing 120 pounds and being seven feet tall. Or the other way around. No one will care as long as you are not extraordinarily stupid like nine feet tall and 72 pounds.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

About the dice rolling, I don't care. I am not the GM. I can not say.

About the HP.

Your HP is the total of what you roll from your hit dice (which you get from your class) and your con mod.

You, as a rouge, get a hit dice of 1d6. Normally you would roll it each level, but at first level it counts as if you had rolled the highest, to keep you from dieing to one hit. So your base is 6. Then you add your con mod, which is the plus you get from your con score. You can find out the plus from this chart. Basically for every two points you have you get +1. This starts at 10.

So if you take your base of 6, and then add your con mod (which, since your con is 16 is three) you come to a total of 9.

Edit: Fuck. Double post.

Sorry.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes and you messed with your skill point total, your intelligence mod is -1 so the equation would be 8-1x4. Your total skill points should be 28. The highest rank you can have in a skill is your character level + 3 (so rank 4 at first level). Another thing about skills, the ones that have the CC box checked off are cross-class skills. What this means is that instead of spending one skill point to increase it's rank by one, one skill point will only increase the rank by 0.5. Also the maximum rank for a cross-class skill is only half of a normal skill (so rank 2 at first level.

Here's my sheet if it would help to have a reference.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=284470
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:51:55 pm by Jusman »
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile

Oh gods I made a mess of that.
*facepalms*
Thanks for the help. Let's fix this up, shall we?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes indeed.

I will help in anyway I can. I believe the others most likely feel the same way.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Yes, I'll help, but you'll probably want to look into the SRD or even look at obtaining the 3.5e player's handbook.  That thing you did there was pretty crazy.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Luckily, rouges are real easy to play, specially at low levels.

Just pair up with another guy and stab the monsters unto death.

To answer your edit that no one is going to see. Your base attack bonus is based on your class. You as a rouge get +3/4 every level. It rounds down. So at level one it is +0. Level two +0. Level three +0.

Okay. I am fucking with you, ignore that last sentence.

At level one it is +0. Level two +1. Level three +2. level four +3. Level five +3.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I apologize for making a mess of that. Online in some random forum was hardly the best way to get into D&D. I'll try not to bungle things too terribly. In my defense, the online 3.5 PB has absolutely no explanations for how to make characters, so I had to find other sources.
Here is my 'finished' character sheet. I think everything is right, but I would appreciate a triple-check from someone.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=285397
And thank you very much for putting up with my newbie self.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Stuff:  In the weapons section you need to add the attack and damage bonuses.  Attack bonuses are on the sheet next to MELEE and RANGED.  For melee weapons your strength bonus is added to damage (Write that on the sheet, dagger would be 1d4+3).  You need special weapons for strength bonuses to ranged attacks.

Also, how  much gold did you start with?
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dagger is light weapon.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The starting gold table is at the beginning of the equipment chapter, a rogue starts with 5d4 x 10.

I rolled a 15, so I had 150 starting gold. I'll edit the sheet now with the bonuses.

EDIT:
Done.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 05:47:09 pm by Crazy Cow »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

So +3 for the main-hand and +1 for the off-hand?  I didn't realize he had two of them.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah.

Can I take the average wealth? I really don't want to screw it up and roll like 30gp.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are we going to be using Maptools or Gametable? I have Maptools, though truth be told I don't really know how to use either of them outside of the chat function.
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Maptool.

Oh, one other thing.  I'm not sure what kind of rogue you are but most aren't lawful.  Unless you've got something in mind of course.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:00:48 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18