Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dragon Age mod  (Read 15257 times)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Age mod
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2011, 03:22:37 pm »

The first release is here!

DOWNLOAD

Antiva and the Tevinter Imperium have yet to be added. Tell me if there is any entity positions that are missing that are necessary to play as the dwarves. I will eventually update all civs so they're all playable. Mages can use stonefist, mind blast, crushing prison, and fireball. I would add more but they would start being the same spell with a different name. I will add more in the even I can avoid that. Apostates, abominations, and blood mages haven't been included yet, but they will be when I have more time. Tell me what you think, and please report any problems!
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2011, 03:29:31 pm »

I've noticed that the Archdemon has [IMMOBILE_LAND]. Doesn't that mean it can only move in water?

(Is it weird that I only download mods to look at the raws, and not to play them?)
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2011, 03:42:30 pm »

Oh that was intended for the broodmother as they were immobile in game. I've done that before, looking through the raws seeing if there's anything interesting, usually finding nothing lol.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 03:45:15 pm »

IMMOBILE_LAND shouldn't work on non-aquatic creatures anyway.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 03:48:52 pm »

The last time I tested the archdemon it took forever to move and that's about it.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2011, 05:56:56 pm »

The last time I tested the archdemon it took forever to move and that's about it.

To balance things, you can make it even more powerful.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:02:10 pm by Ultimuh »

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2011, 06:02:56 pm »

It's fine since I removed [IMMOBILE_LAND].

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 09:20:59 pm »

dude...i THINK your mod made me elves in my new world...i promptly deleted my dwarf fortress file in disgust

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 09:28:08 pm »

I've been thinking about something like this for a while.  Might it be best to make a creature entry for all the civs, and have their castes all be more-or-less different species?  That way you would get straight-up cosmopolitan cities, and not just in Adventure Mode!

Problem is, tho, that an Elf and a Human could breed a Dwarf, so.... maybe not.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2011, 09:33:50 am »

dude...i THINK your mod made me elves in my new world...i promptly deleted my dwarf fortress file in disgust

Lol. Do you have an errorlog? That shouldn't happen. I think I might know what the problem is, I'll fix it now.

I've been thinking about something like this for a while.  Might it be best to make a creature entry for all the civs, and have their castes all be more-or-less different species?  That way you would get straight-up cosmopolitan cities, and not just in Adventure Mode!

Problem is, tho, that an Elf and a Human could breed a Dwarf, so.... maybe not.

Do you mean:

[CREATURE:DWARF]
[CREATURE:HUMAN]
[CREATURE:ELF]

That? That wouldn't work as far as I know. All three creatures already appear in the civilization anyway.

EDIT: I fixed the bug Renzuko mentioned. Now that it is the weekend, I will add more to the mod now that I have the time to. I will mess with the positions so every civilization is playable, yes this means the Dalish who will receive ironbark.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:37:19 am by Daywalkah »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2011, 09:48:38 am »

No, he means

[CASTE:DWARF]
[CASTE:ELF]
[CASTE:HUMAN]

etc.

Might it be best to make a creature entry for all the civs, and have their castes all be more-or-less different species?

My main issue here is that in Dragon Age dwarves lived in their own city, humans in their own (and town elves were considered non-humans and basically vermin) and elves lived in their forest retreats... So they would be better separated.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2011, 09:57:45 am »

The castes are already like that unless I am still thinking of something else. They all are separated, yes, but you have the elves in the alienage who are considered vermin like you said. There were many dwarves who lived in certain cities like Denerim and Kirkwall though. Fereldan is the only one I have had all three of them as castes besides the Grey Wardens as they can have anyone in their ranks.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2011, 12:23:14 pm »

No, he means

[CASTE:DWARF]
[CASTE:ELF]
[CASTE:HUMAN]

etc.

Might it be best to make a creature entry for all the civs, and have their castes all be more-or-less different species?

My main issue here is that in Dragon Age dwarves lived in their own city, humans in their own (and town elves were considered non-humans and basically vermin) and elves lived in their forest retreats... So they would be better separated.

Well in Denirim you spot an Elf/Dwarf or two, so it is not that uncommon.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2011, 03:49:43 pm »

but yeah that thar bug was odd, when i embarked and chose my group, it wouldnt let me bring booze or any of the metal items i usually picked, and the only thing available was giant leopard under fish >.>

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2011, 03:55:27 pm »

I accidentally made to Orzammar entries and the one I put [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] on wasn't in the file that was downloaded. On another note, golems and the Tevinter Imperium are done. I have other things to do, otherwise I would have more done.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4