Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Manual Caging  (Read 891 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Manual Caging
« on: March 19, 2011, 07:35:18 pm »

Uses Animal Trapping and Wrestler skill.  Hunter goes out with a cage, grabs a Giant Leopard by the head, and shoves it into a cage.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Manual Caging
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 08:16:40 pm »

You mean throws him in an opened cage 7 tiles away, and the collision of the GL closes the cage's door ?

Hell yes !

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 08:37:33 pm »

Yes!  I want them to wrestle a beast, stun it, and drag it to a cage like a captured prisoner!

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 09:05:46 pm »

Maybe to generalize it, the sort of non-lethal "capture" option - you might even have something more like a billy club as a weapon for non-wrestling subdual attacks.  This sort of thing would be fun in the special attacks and combat stuff coming up later.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 09:29:41 pm »

Poaching could become viable, perhaps slavery as well.  No cage traps, just go out and snag yourself a victim.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 09:46:33 pm »

This is an awesome suggestion. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of awesome and win.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 09:49:27 pm »

Hunting dogs could also help, by making holds without shaking, thus enabling them to pin a creature without damaging it much.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 09:51:29 pm »

Besides the fact that cages are currently "broken" this idea... wait nevermind I just realized I'm talking about the future.  In the future a dwarf won't be able to carry 40 elephants in a cage all over town, or even 1.  That was my problem with the post.  Then I realized, they'd just put wheels on them and cages could work like however wheelbarrows could work.  So nevermind I guess.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 09:57:12 pm »

Hunting dogs could also help, by making holds without shaking, thus enabling them to pin a creature without damaging it much.
Today, while waiting for a whole bunch of people with umbrellas to start dancing in a park (long story...) I was highly amused by a "young pup" of a dog trying to play with an older dog who really didn't want any of it.  Jumping up and faux-attacking the older dog's neck.  Several times, the older dog got bored and basically wrestled the young pup to the ground.

Not that the young pup took the hint, and its owner had several goes to discourage the younger one from its actions, from admonishing to dragging it away to trying to distract it.

Not much relevance, there, except the above comment just reminded me so much of the episode.  More so, actually, than my own experience with hunting dogs.  (IRL.)  With them, there's actually not much more to tell.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 10:01:37 pm »

Today, while waiting for a whole bunch of people with umbrellas to start dancing in a park (long story...)
Boy, if I had a nickel...

Anyways, yes, I'm thinking of police dogs, who are trained to subdue but not rip out necks.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 12:41:56 am »

I like the capture idea
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις