Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Playing Wrong.  (Read 3782 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Playing Wrong.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 01:31:55 pm »

There is always Halo CE and Warthog Football. The easiest place to set it up is in Silent Cartographer. Just head to a certain location (preferably by the natural archway on the beach), kill some marines until you have a decent stock of grenades dropped, park your warthog on top of the grenades, save after the checkpoint and backup the save (in case you hit another checkpoint).

Now toss a grenade behind or onto the warthog, and see if you can score a field goal with it. Bonus points if you use the warthog to launch yourself as the ball instead (and survive; bonus points for not using an overshield); even more points if both you and the warthog land on the field goal mostly unharmed. It can't be done in Halo 2 or 3 as easily, seeing as they have damage models and no health bars (only shields); and Halo 3 and beyonds' sandbox mode doesn't count.

This really has been more fun to do than playing the actual game. Bullfighting Hunters was also fun as well, along with 1-shotting them with a pistol (HaloCE again).

(Method was originally found by Randall Glass, I believe.)
Link (Found it; the original was 404'd, but this was the same first video I saw of it in action.)

Ahh... memories. Halo 1 and 2 had some awesome bugs. Superman for Halo 2 before it was patched was quite fun to do. Do a Youtube search for 'Dark helmet Halo'. I remember he had some epic ways of playing Halo games wrong.

Actually, anything here is awesome for Halo Breaking Site's in cryo, so don't expect anything really new anymore. I used to visit it regularly during Halo's heyday.

Always was a fan of Jump Tactics. You can try to do these in any other game, given the opportunity, and hopefully a lack of invisible walls.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 02:19:01 pm by Itnetlolor »

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 04:18:40 pm »

I used to get a checkpoint on legendary right before the gold elite with energy sword on the bridge on the snow level.  Then attempt to kill him by boxing.

Or I'd attempt to freefall to the very bottom of the silent cartographer map room pit with just a warthog.  I made it once out of hungreds of tries.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 10:36:51 pm »

This is glorious Qloos.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 11:02:25 pm »

Also, how is your name pronounced? Que-loss? Kloss? Que-Lose?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 11:41:45 pm »

Those are the most popular pronounciations I hear.  To which I usually respond "It's clues!"

I remembered another way of playing wrong:  "Stalking"  In a multiplayer game, attempt to stalk another player, (an enemy) for as long as possible without being noticed.

In need for speed high stakes 4 online.  (Taken offline a long time ago.)  Knockout mode, the loser would get to come back as a semi and attempt to get back into the standings by beating the players who still had racecars in the knockout.  No one did this, all they did was park in alleyways and jump out when they saw the racers coming for the next lap, or turn around and go the wrong way on purpose.  Fucking pinball hilarity.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 11:48:08 pm by Qloos »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 11:23:05 pm »

I remembered another way of playing wrong:  "Stalking"  In a multiplayer game, attempt to stalk another player, (an enemy) for as long as possible without being noticed.

This. This is delightful. It's sometimes even better when they actually know you're there, and know you're following them, but either can't kill you or can't see you. It's great to see someone slowly descend into paranoia, firing at empty corners, especially if it gets them killed through no direct action of your own. I'd occasionally take a break on an Infantry map and just chase someone around. Couple of times I managed to run people clear across the map and back again :P

As for the beast zone thing, I don't even remember what that is, heh. I keep forgetting the name of that zombie zone that kept popping around the time that CA was being dev'd over on freeinf... any relation?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 12:49:35 am »

No relation at all, and that's the name of Zombie Zone: Zombie Zone (zz).  Beast Zone was 12 humans vs 1 beast without team shared vision.  Humans had 1 life and had to survive for 10 minutes in a suburban map, if they died: they turned into spiders and could dick around the living players.

Zombie Zone was the best.  120 players with only the last man standing winning, was awesome
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:55:42 am by Qloos »

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 07:00:35 pm »

I remember playing Unreal Tournament with relics. there was one relic that would respawn you without deducting a life if you got killed, essentially saving your life. So I would grab that relic, get a redeemer and plant a redeemer missile in someone´s face at melee range. Queue confusion :))

Another example was Divine Divinity. There was one point at which you had to get into an Orc camp and plant some poison in their well. The problem was that I apparently got there a few levels too early because the Orcs would squash me without so much as a thought on the matter and I, being a mage, couldn't zap them fast enough to keep them from my back.. So, I got myself a load of caged scorpions and sacks of gunpowder (which could be used to set explosive traps) and I'd unload terror on the Orcs, running around dodging Orc attacks while dropping deadly scorpions and high explosives.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:04:32 pm by Virex »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 07:04:41 pm »

Queue confusion :))
The proper spelling there would be cue, not queue.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 08:15:46 pm »

Il-2 Sturmovik, flying you plane into another one, and surviving.
It's really awesome to clip off a larger plane's wing, and engine, without any damage to yourself.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 09:36:35 pm »

Queue confusion :))
The proper spelling there would be cue, not queue.

Actually, no.  It would be Queue confusion because his opponent wouldn't realize he queued without losing a life.   :P

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 09:49:53 pm »

It would be cue because it's similar to 'cue applause,' and not to 'DVD queue'.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 03:39:31 am »

Arguing about grammar in a forum about games?  That's definitely playing it wrong.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 [2]