Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: Request: Naga Sprites  (Read 24233 times)

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
Re: Request: Naga Sprites
« Reply #240 on: April 08, 2011, 07:25:50 pm »

Ah ok, thought it was some type of fan, but it was different from the ones the others were holding so just wanted to make sure. And they can have more than 1 consort in the raws? Nice, didn't think that was possible.

And now that i think about it, it is pretty obvious how to do it. And I guess if you really wanted too, you could assign a different consort sprite to each consort position. Might have to look into it hehe.

Edit: Well maybe not, could've swore the consort positions were declared independantly of the noble. Guess you could still make noble positions called consort though.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:32:55 pm by Patchy »

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 08, 2011, 07:35:01 pm »

Ah ok, thought it was some type of fan, but it was different from the ones the others were holding so just wanted to make sure. And they can have more than 1 consort in the raws? Nice, didn't think that was possible.

And now that i think about it, it is pretty obvious how to do it. And I guess if you really wanted too, you could assign a different consort sprite to each consort position. Might have to look into it hehe.

Sure, just keep creating new positions to be filled.

Of course, the current broken nature of the position raws makes it a little more tricky, but it should still be possible to have a set of positions like "Empress", "Emperor" (as a consort), "High Imperial Manservant", "Imperial Concubine", etc.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 08, 2011, 08:04:53 pm »

OK, here we go, the "Oh God, this is too embarrassing to play with, what if someone sees it?" version of nobles.

Baroness, baroness consort, countess, countess consort, duchess, duchess consort, queen, royal consort.  (With ponytail)

EDIT:
Oh, and do I need to redo the queen, too?  I did her before I got all into partial transparency, so she kind of looks out of place.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 08:10:59 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 08, 2011, 08:25:44 pm »

Hehe, those look awesome. And now to watch you redo the queen into a totally awesome sprite that makes me have to think really hard about using Bleu or the new queen sprite as the Queen.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 08, 2011, 08:51:53 pm »

Hehe, those look awesome. And now to watch you redo the queen into a totally awesome sprite that makes me have to think really hard about using Bleu or the new queen sprite as the Queen.

What, I have to totally redo the queen, now?  :'( That's not very nice... I like the queen, I just wanted to maybe blur some edges if it looked too pixelated or heavily contrasted compared to the others.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 08, 2011, 08:54:37 pm »

The queen looks good as is in my opinion. :)
But I wonder.. About Hexas, megabeast or not.. Hmm..

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 08, 2011, 08:56:37 pm »

Oh thought you were planning it anyways? xP
Well up to you yanno. Got some beefcake to follow Queen Bleu around so I'm good here.

Edit: And Hexes would be good as a megabeast or a REALLY rare naga caste.

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE_CLASS:MODDER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 08, 2011, 08:58:46 pm »

You don't have to redo the queen just now; in fact, it would be better if you finished up, say, the gemworkers first. We're putting our hopes in you!

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 08, 2011, 09:52:41 pm »

You don't have to redo the queen just now; in fact, it would be better if you finished up, say, the gemworkers first. We're putting our hopes in you!

I finished the gemworkers a few days ago.

I'm working on General, Captain, and Lieutenant right now

I only have Dungeon Master, Hammerer, Philosopher, Alchemist, Psychiatrist, Advisor, Thief, and Master Thief left after them, although I'm probably going to make some more sensible queen consort in a bit.

I'd actually like some advice on how best to do Philosopher and Psychiatrist and Hammerer and Dungeon Master...  I'm not sure how best to represent those ideas or jobs.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 08, 2011, 10:08:25 pm »

Oh, and I made a militia commander, but I didn't give the commander any weapons.  Commanders are just the leaders of a squad, so they could have any given weapon.

I'm not sure if I should give her a weapon, or leave the hand empty, although empty seems kind of... empty.

"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 08, 2011, 10:51:05 pm »

Hmm, maybe a spyglass, or maybe a horn or bugle... hmm a map of the battlefield. Trying to think of some generic items a commander might be holding to fill that emptiness.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 08, 2011, 10:53:42 pm »

Hmm, maybe a spyglass, or maybe a horn or bugle... hmm a map of the battlefield. Trying to think of some generic items a commander might be holding to fill that emptiness.

These are the guys who are in charge of the 10-man squads - they're fighting in the front lines just like everyone else.

Thing is, I can give them a spear or a sword or something, but then, it doesn't matter if they're in charge of the crossbow squad, they always have a spear.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 08, 2011, 10:59:07 pm »

Maybe they are doing banner bearer duty. And well you're pretty much going to have to abstract it one way or another. If they go in with nothing in their hand like a wrestler, the rest of the squad will still have weapons showing.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 09, 2011, 01:51:52 pm »

OK, I finally decided on how to do a Dungeon Master.

She winds up looking a lot like a witch...
(The red thing is her cloak, by the way, her hair and tail are darkish purple. You just can't see much hair, and it kind of blends into the brighter crimson cloak.)

Oh, and there's a hammerer, too.  I went for "Creepy" when making her.  Does it show?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 04:18:03 pm by NW_Kohaku »
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE_CLASS:MODDER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 09, 2011, 03:53:18 pm »

Oh, and there's a hammerer, too.  I went for "Creepy" when making her.  Does it show?
Only if I zoom in. Perhaps more darkness?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20