Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Request: Naga Sprites  (Read 24185 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Request: Naga Sprites
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2011, 11:32:56 am »

Architect - wears the teal clothing of the non-noble "nobles" like the bookkeeper.  Has a bandana with a purple mark on it to declare the royal approval of the architecture.  Basically, the architect looks visually more similar to the other "noble" units that would also be purple in regular tilesets, but wears clothes similar in all but color to the stoneworkers.

T-bar is in the left hand (can't see it as a t-bar very well), and a compass in the right hand.

I would have put a scroll into her belt pouch, but it would just have been a pale yellow line that would be too hard to understand as anything, so I left it out.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2011, 11:34:35 am »

So.. it's an all-female civ?
Or are the males girly men?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2011, 11:42:00 am »

I've voting for girly.  As opposed to dwarves, where everyone is manly.

Nice looking architect, except the tools are a little hard to distinguish.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2011, 01:20:53 pm »

I can't have gender-differentiated images, so all the images are female, just like how every other race has male images in all the tilesets.  There has to be some gender-balance.  :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2011, 01:23:40 pm »

Too many all-male dwarves, all-male goblins, all-male kobolds (though it's kinda hard to tell, so cute!).  It's time for Girl Power!

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2011, 01:53:31 pm »

EDIT:
Actually, I wonder if I should be making two versions of these images before I'm really off to the races...

I generally like to stretch my tilesets to be 16x20 or 16x24 - even though it breaks the whole "square" thing, the fact that it makes it MUCH easier for me to see or read anything makes that well worth it.

I could just do it for my own personal version of the tileset/graphics, but if there are others who want that sort of thing...

Up to you on that, I'd probably attempt to make a set of them at 18x18 for when I use ironhands set. But other than that I still primarily use a modified phoebus which is 16x16. Though if I ever get around to frankensteining my own graphic set, it'd probably be at something like 20x20 or maybe a bit bigger. My eyes are horrible, and I have the hardest time making out the detail on some of those tiny sprites.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2011, 02:24:36 pm »

My monitor's resolution doesn't let me go beyond 16 pixels wide, unfortunately, but making the tiles "taller" still makes things surprisingly easier to read.  I think 20 pixels tall is some magical threshold where my eyes can finally start kicking in properly.  I read the forums here at 150% zoom, and I can see things perfectly when I look at the sprites at 150%, but at the regular 16x16, it strains my eyes, and I have to lean forward to see.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2011, 02:44:52 pm »

I lean in to look at the sprites you post, but in game I never do, unless I want to notice some detail of course.  I think when everything is that small, I naturally adjust to that level of detail.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2011, 02:47:33 pm »

I'd vote for the bearded naga male.
The other one.. to much.. what's it called..
Or shall I say.. too little manliness?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2011, 02:51:21 pm »

I think the word you're looking for is FABULOUS~

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2011, 03:08:28 pm »

I think the word you're looking for is FABULOUS~

You use too little emphasis for Manwhorio, for he is trully FAAAAABULOUS!
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2011, 04:21:05 pm »

I see serpent Fabio with long golden locks and I wonder if his scales are also gold. But I honestly thought more chinese naga philosopher with the bearded one than a serpent jesus to be honest. Maybe a serpent Zuo Ci or possibly a serpent Tsao Tsao if he had some more noblish clothes on and his hair wasn't as unkempt.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2011, 10:52:54 pm »

I see serpent Fabio with long golden locks and I wonder if his scales are also gold.

Well, I've been keeping scale and hair consistant, so, yeah.

Scales, feathers, and hair are all made from the same basic stuff, they just are configured in different ways.  My making hair and scale color consistant is just a nod in that direction.  (Of course, scales would probably be more glossy, and hence, apparently lighter, in most lighting just because of being a single relatively flat surface compared to a bunch of cylindrical surfaces packed close together.)

I kind of like to imagine lamia/naga that have the same patterns in their hair as they have in their scales, and what that would look like when you let that hair grow out, so that the hair color patterns only appears in layers.

say, http://www.petinfospot.com/pictures/Boa-Argentine-Rainbow.jpg

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note to self before I try this carp again: Even if it's a pain in the ass to try to scetch a layer over something or make all the whitespace transparency, it's still much, much easier than trying to paint inside the lines later.

Oh, and I made a mechanic.  I was kind of thinking "Rosie the Riveter", and wound up with (mechanic) red tank-top and tool belt with a skirt.

I'm still trying to puzzle out what a siege engineer should be carrying.  I mean, just some two-by-fours and a hammer?

(Should she have some sort of hat or bandana or something?)
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2011, 11:00:37 pm »

Perhaps the siege engineer should carry a giant ballista bolt?  Or would that be more fitting for an operator?

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2011, 11:10:01 pm »

I am all for female Nagas

Gives me more reason to try and breed them.

;)
I like fortresses because they are still underground.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20